Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    According to the haters Classic is dead so there won't be any issue removing layers

    Oh wait jk game is already unplayable due to so many people
    i lol'ed good thank you

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    No it really reached 4 hour queues during peak on a SUNDAY, Wed is going to be worse.
    you might have a hard time believing but login at 12am pst into Argual and see with your own eyes.

    I encourage EVERYONE to do the same EVERYONE LOG OR ATTEMPT TO LOG ONTO ARGUAL 12pm PST day after reset



    yeah nice not reading, Oceanic only had one server at launch and nobody wants to move to a dead realm, Blizzard screwed Oceanic but not having two pvp servers at the start nobody wants to move now.. and since our server opened the gates OTHER people on dead realms at least 1-2k players came once transfers were open.

    GG.
    im sorry you gotta deal with this,personaly i would rather quit wow than wait 4 hour ques...

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    According to the haters Classic is dead so there won't be any issue removing layers

    Oh wait jk game is already unplayable due to so many people
    have you ever been so triggered

    you made an entire account?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    I encourage EVERYONE to do the same EVERYONE LOG OR ATTEMPT TO LOG ONTO ARGUAL 12pm PST day after reset.
    so.... youre wanting people to artificially inflate the queue times to prove your point? rofl?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    so.... youre wanting people to artificially inflate the queue times to prove your point? rofl?
    well its not like a bunch of people who dont play classic or dont play on that realm will go and STAY in that que for hours for no reason lol

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    According to the haters Classic is dead so there won't be any issue removing layers

    Oh wait jk game is already unplayable due to so many people
    Yeah, gotta really hate those haters huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    It's possible to pull consecutive mobs to the same spot you know...



    I think you are onto something here. A lot of people, myself included perhaps, will opt to experience Classic vicariously by watching streamers. That way you can cut out the boring parts and experience the bits of Classic that are going to be fun, like Alterac Valley. My subscription has now ended and I don't feel the urge to renew at this point, it's very possible that I've just grown out of World of Warcraft and that's why I didn't get any satisfaction from Classic. I've grown up and matured and so it's really hard to justify sitting there auto attacking mobs when I could be reading books and increasing my knowledge in subjects like philosophy and science.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

  7. #27
    Well who know this would lead to loads of lag in and outside raids and servers being down for like 2h........

    - - - Updated - - -

    It took 1 day and our server did crash and did not work for 2hours and on the evening the entire server was lagging, very nice the "drama" should happen when the service is that bad in the game.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Yeah, gotta really hate those haters huh?
    Wait, this guy already got bored of the game himself, yet he's still white knighting it over forums, trying to defend against accusations of plummeting player count, while he himself also already unsubscribed?

    That shit is on a whole new level.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well its not like a bunch of people who dont play classic or dont play on that realm will go and STAY in that que for hours for no reason lol
    Pretty much, if you join the queue see the 4 hour queue you'll leave, adding one person to the queue for a couple of minutes isn't a big deal, and people asked for proof.. if "proof" is too hard for them, then they are just whining for nothing.
    Happens quite a lot on this and the wow forums you get fanboys who are just hotair not really willing to put any effort forth.

    the issue is real.. it sucks it shouldn't be happening we should've had 2-3 pvp servers on release of classic the data from TBC showed a massive Australian boon, classic was undervalued at launch and the playerbase they've expected to leave haven't done so, cause classic isn't over!


    We had the same BOT ban wave, before the ban wave our server was CLOSED to new entrys, when the ban wave happened the server re-opened.. which why? if the server is still too big for one layer why allow a repopulation? clearly cause bots = more money and the bot market of farmers have bounced back there is already too many instance farmed materials being stored by many guilds so they wont need anymore during classic so the prices have dropped massively, Lotus like wise have been farmed to shit.
    Argual is also 60/40 horde/alliance or more, so they get most of the lotus's but the price is still pretty low all things considered because bots don't care about pvp and just camp nodes on many characters.

    Blizzard could've put a cap on factions too, say 5k horde, 5k alliance allowing the percentage to balance out.. but right now the alliance on Argual have a normal servers community compared to double that for the horde, so of course none of us really want to leave we have friends and friends of friends we do stuff with every week!

    Layering hasn't effected us for a while, we have a discord setup for Onyxia buffs which is the only issue we had previously now its just a matter of /1 lf layer X quick invite and your ready to be buffed.
    Those who say oh no.. layers ruin pvp... with a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio of horde to alliance in the open world there is no pvp.. just a slaughter any alliance raid finds its self facing 2-3 horde raids within 20-30 minutes even during the open world pvp.
    Yet it didn't drive alliance off this server, we still have many instances where ZG and AQ have many afk horde but alliance doing that would get them killed layering does allow changing layers to avoid some of it but because the ratio is so lopsided it no layer remains horde free.


    I think people have covered every counter argument with fairly good reasons, most who spout nonsense wouldn't do what they suggest themselves they just want to dismiss a problem that doesn't effect them.
    Hopefully layers return after Q3 finishes so things can go back to normal on our server but as i said previously if you dont believe the queue just try to login it wont take you long, 12am PST and onward for 5-7 hours is a good time to check next time your pulling an all nighter if you make it on say something in /2. ^_^
    Last edited by Mayia; 2020-08-24 at 08:15 PM.
    Make sure if you still play your voice is heard if it matters to you, Mine wasn't.
    https://simplearmory.com/#/us/aman't...ectable/mounts
    BFA is another failure on Blizzard for leaving out information yet again despite promising communication with players while Azerite armor is an unfun system forced onto us to keep us grinding.

  10. #30
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,560
    You just can't please everyone.

    Layers on? everyone complains they cant see their friends and various "Exploits"
    Layers off? everyone complains at 3+ hour queues.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I Have Shadowlands Beta. Woo?
    Let me know when Transfers are on Beta

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    You just can't please the classic community.

    Layers on? everyone complains they cant see their friends and various "Exploits"
    Layers off? everyone complains at 3+ hour queues.
    Ftfy

    Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Do we really have to turn it into a sub argument on every topic in every thread?

    I think they will have re enable layers by the sounds of it. 3-4 hours is ridiculous and could easily lead to people stopping playing.
    Literally nobody in the history of the game ever stopped playing because of the queues. You already paid your sub, why would you stop? You might as well just wait.
    But millions of people quit WoW over the years because their servers were dead.

  13. #33
    Epic! Snuffleupagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In front of my keyboard.
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Literally nobody in the history of the game ever stopped playing because of the queues. You already paid your sub, why would you stop? You might as well just wait.
    Actually, in Australia consumer protection is quite strong and people would have a case for refunds since they are paying for a service they cannot reasonably access.

    Lessed cucked by big corporations than the USA.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Actually, in Australia consumer protection is quite strong and people would have a case for refunds since they are paying for a service they cannot reasonably access.

    Lessed cucked by big corporations than the USA.
    100% wrong - they absolutely CAN access what they are paying for, and there is ZERO doubt about that. There are countless alternatives to that one server, it is their decision to sit in a queue instead of xfering or rolling on a new server. Sorry, but you are entirely wrong here.

  15. #35
    Herald of the Titans msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,673
    I already transferred off the server I hit 60 on so I willingly forfeit my right to complain about "community" when it comes to the layers. To be honest, the whole community thing is laughable on these gigantic servers. There's so many people that you basically just become a blip and people have so many alts, which makes the alt pool so huge, you really don't know who is who at any given moment.

    On the server I was on originally, there was a giant Chinese speaking guild who I would always see out in the world. Problem is I can't communicate with them.

    Another thing is I didn't really communicate with people as much as I thought I would if I couldn't directly see them in the game world, in which case, you might as well just have layering. If you aren't doing dungeons and you don't pug, when do you communicate with randoms? Basically only if you run into them. There's so many people, you're bound to run into someone no matter the layer.

  16. #36
    i am, since classic release last year, rather surprised that Blizz came not up with better ideas, than this layering.

    idk, maybe this is best possible scenario. i just ask myself, if a multibillion dollar company, with that engineers and that budget, and the fact that they experience all things a second time, could not came up with something better. i mean, blizz had 2-4 years to sitting there and discuss

    „at the start of classic, there will be a lot of players. after a few months, there will be a dedicated amount of players. how we handle this?“

    and layers was the result ? i dont know. but was this really the best possible solution ? hmmm....

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    According to the haters Classic is dead so there won't be any issue removing layers

    Oh wait jk game is already unplayable due to so many people
    Not very smart, r u?

    Just because a server has ques it doesn't mean the game isn't "dead" or "Has low population" it's the only Australian PVP server and WoW servers are garbage. 10,000 isn't a lot of people yet it can still cause a que especially on WoW servers. Don't be so ignorant.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Actually, in Australia consumer protection is quite strong and people would have a case for refunds since they are paying for a service they cannot reasonably access.

    Lessed cucked by big corporations than the USA.
    Wait, so if you're late for an AFL game, get stuck in a queue at the entrance and miss the first half, they also have to issue you a refund? Asking for a friend.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Wait, so if you're late for an AFL game, get stuck in a queue at the entrance and miss the first half, they also have to issue you a refund? Asking for a friend.
    No, but if you go to disneyland to ride their brand new ride, on opening day, even though they put countless warnings online, social media, at the entrance, at at the ride itself, and you end up in a queue because you wandered in at 1pm on a saturday - they will 100% offer you a refund.

  20. #40
    Not having layers on servers with 4-5 times (sometimes more) the population of original vanilla servers is ridiculous.

    And no, you clowns, we're far past no changes, before someone types that shit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •