New Suikoden game! (Kickstarter)

Since Suikoden is owned by Konami, the creators of Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2 are coming up with a new spiritual successor! (Similar to what Bloodstained was to symphony of the night!)

They have various rewards for supporting them! The kickstarter ends in 5 days, so check it out!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hundred-heroes

(If you guys haven't played Suikoden 1 and 2 for PS1, it was one of the best PS1 jRPGs. Suikoden 2 combined strategy like Shining Force with jrpg traditional combat like Final Fantasy, depending on what is required in the story. It was pretty amazing. You can own a castle, get over 100 characters for your party to inhabit the castle, have cooking competitions, and the storyline was so in-depth it was like Game of Thrones level politically complex. This game will be just like it!)
    Last edited by Verzen; 2020-08-23 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    Since Suikoden is owned by Konami, the creators of Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2 are coming up with a new spiritual successor! (Similar to what Bloodstained was to symphony of the night!)

They have various rewards for supporting them! The kickstarter ends in 5 days, so check it out!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hundred-heroes

(If you guys haven't played Suikoden 1 and 2 for PS1, it was one of the best PS1 jRPGs. Suikoden 2 combined strategy like Shining Force with jrpg traditional combat like Final Fantasy, depending on what is required in the story. It was pretty amazing. You can own a castle, get over 100 characters for your party to inhabit the castle, have cooking competitions, and the storyline was so in-depth it was like Game of Thrones level politically complex. This game will be just like it!)
    Oh I love the Suikoden series and it is such an underappreciated series but this thread needs to get moved to the video game section since this is about a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does look like a mix betwen Octopath and bravely default (2nd sprites -- but almost look 3d) and background is pretty much inspired by bouth games.

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/029...gif-q=50&q=92&

Also camera is placed front to front and not side like side like the other 2 games have. (like in the original games)
    And 6 person party instead of 4.
    It doesnt look bad at least.

Not sure how will Konami react to this (even if its a new IP), they could sue them to hell so they fail.
    Hopefully its not gona be disapointing like Death stranding from that special guy.

One of the original game looks:

That was a great series, and I would love to see them make another in the spirit of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/029...gif-q=50&q=92&
    error 403

Before I read the text in the linked photo, I was like, yeah, "I could see them getting in trouble for copyright issues, I literally recognize flik and victor!"

That being said, 'RPGs with large casts' isn't really an idea you can copyright. The "front on front" that you mention wasn't introduced by suikoden either; IIRC the lufia games on snes did it with 16bit sprites, so by then at the latest. Unless you mean konami filing a slapp lawsuit as japan doesn't have anti-slapp laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Suikoden 2 is literally the only reason I still have my ps3. But I think there is already a thread for this topic in the videogame subforum.

5+ Year Old Account
    The above is the case, so this thread will be closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."