Thread: Auras

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Moderator Malthanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Not nearly out of the way enough
    Posts
    5,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    Imagine if they changed "damage boost when they die" into... I don't know... something that boosts your next ability's damage depending on how much 'damage' your buddies have taken? Fits the 'retribution name' part without having to rely on them dying.

    Only problem would be to balance it between playing with few people vs a raid, but hey, that means even Holy could have fun and potentially stack it to it's cap (whatever that would be) and then do an offensive Holy Shock once in a while. And also leads to the little 'leader role' paladins tend to have so if you're in a bad group, you can make up for it. Sure, only a little more, but that's what paladins are for! Help those in need!
    Honestly just go back to the original design of Retribution Aura (reflective damage) and make it a meaningful value that scales to the content, like a percentage of damage taken.

    If you truly wanna keep some kind of "my team is taking damage, RAWR" then have that damage scale up as your group takes damage, up to a cap. Then let that fall off while your team isn't taking damage.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Honestly just go back to the original design of Retribution Aura (reflective damage) and make it a meaningful value that scales to the content, like a percentage of damage taken.

    If you truly wanna keep some kind of "my team is taking damage, RAWR" then have that damage scale up as your group takes damage, up to a cap. Then let that fall off while your team isn't taking damage.
    I do agree the auras seems like: look guys we did something to you, and all they really did was change passives to active passives!
    Last edited by Thundering; 2020-08-29 at 10:14 AM.

  3. #23
    its like totems, hunters mark, class buff or shaman weapon imbues. clunky maintenance shit that was a good choice to remove in the first place expansions ago.

    its either pvp stuff (i.e. unimportant) and lazy. instead of coming up with new buttons just bring old shit back

  4. #24
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    32,306
    I will most likely use Dev auro but just want to say that Retribution aura works on NPC's too.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    its like totems, hunters mark, class buff or shaman weapon imbues. clunky maintenance shit that was a good choice to remove in the first place expansions ago.

    its either pvp stuff (i.e. unimportant) and lazy. instead of coming up with new buttons just bring old shit back
    It was never good to remove them, it has made the classes more bland and boring so has the removal of auras, but reintroducing a shadow of the old system is just even worse.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    *blinks*

    Rewarding players for group member death is the dumbest gorram thing I have seen in forever. What are the devs smoking, and for how long have they been smoking it?
    I think it's nice to have, just the thinking how it could be used is enough to have it in kek.

    Boss in burn phase, about to hit enrage timer, send a few healers to their death to boost our damage before we are wiped .
    Or in arena, if your partner dies, it's like a final push to see if you can bring it to a 2v2 (from 2v3).

    It adds flavour to the spec. We need more stuff like this.

    But it should be an extra aura, imo.
    introduce 4 auras and have it as a 5th for ret (for example).

  7. #27
    Shadowlands Auras are just a facade under the false pretense of 'unpruning'.

    In BFA right now, 2/4 are literally passive abilities that paladins already have.

    Now we get 2 extra buttons ON THE GCD.

    Absolutely fantastic.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglazz View Post
    I have mained paladin since the end of Wotlk and I totally agree with you, the Auras are pretty boring,

    They should remake Retribution Aura atleast to the original (extra damage to your attacks and enemies who attacks you).

    Devotion Aura should remain the same but maybe more dmg reduction against you and even more the lower your health gets.


    Current Retri aura should still be there but renamed to "avenging aura" which makes more sense.

    This means that a skillfulled paladin needs to switch Auras based on what happens during the fights
    This..^

    Bring more aura options, and make them off GCD.

    I would also preferred having 3 shared auras, and 1 class specific.

    Also maybe extend aura mastery to the other specs.

  9. #29
    I don't get why you people are asking for the old useless Retribution aura that is just as useless as the current one, if not more.

    If you gonna ask for something ask for sanctity aura. That is actually useful.

    I mean the improved version from tbc: https://tbc.cavernoftime.com/spell=31870

    3% extra damage for the group.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-08 at 06:27 PM.

  10. #30
    Moderator Malthanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Not nearly out of the way enough
    Posts
    5,973
    Quote Originally Posted by CylomDashti View Post
    I think it's nice to have, just the thinking how it could be used is enough to have it in kek.

    Boss in burn phase, about to hit enrage timer, send a few healers to their death to boost our damage before we are wiped .
    Or in arena, if your partner dies, it's like a final push to see if you can bring it to a 2v2 (from 2v3).

    It adds flavour to the spec. We need more stuff like this.

    But it should be an extra aura, imo.
    introduce 4 auras and have it as a 5th for ret (for example).
    If you're already at the point of hitting the enrage timer, you've done the fight wrong. A class mechanic shouldn't be entirely focused on somebody doing something wrong in order for it to function.

    I'm not against 'flavor' stuff for specs, but this ain't it.

  11. #31
    Retribution Aura should be changed.
    To something like "Your party's auto attacks has a change to strike the target with holy damage"

  12. #32
    And omg, heart of Crusader gone backed into an aura.. fuck off, gotta macro that aura now. Also it's on gcd

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral ipoststuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    And omg, heart of Crusader gone backed into an aura.. fuck off, gotta macro that aura now. Also it's on gcd
    This is truely one of the worst changes in SL. Gotta change aura everytime we mount/dismount. Heart of Crusader was much better

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    This is truely one of the worst changes in SL. Gotta change aura everytime we mount/dismount. Heart of Crusader was much better
    DKs keeps their passive.. ffs

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    And omg, heart of Crusader gone backed into an aura.. fuck off, gotta macro that aura now. Also it's on gcd
    I was gonna propose that the system automatically switches to Crusader Aura when you mount up, but then you might be in BG and your teammates needs the Devotion Aura instead.

    I would prefer we get a new passive to increase paladin (yes, all specs!) movement speed for a period of time when mounted (maybe for 1min?), without the need to switch the auras, or even return the original passive.

    This way we don’t lose this ‘utility’ (even if it wasn’t so important), and we can switch to it when needed for others.

  16. #36
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They used to back in the day (or classic) depending on what you were doing.
    Your raid leader or whichever Paladin (if you had several) was assigned the job simply told the Pallies which auras to run, and that was it. For hard 5-man content (say heroics in BC), there was some small amount of knowledge of the fights, and which ones needed a resistance aura, but that was it. It was never particularly skillful.

    I don't mind the idea of auras as they are now - we wanted actual raid buffs, now we have them, and party/raid buffs simply aren't exciting. What I don't like is Retribution Aura, because it's just not Paladin-like, and because it encourages messing round with auras when we should be focussing on stopping people dying, etc.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Your raid leader or whichever Paladin (if you had several) was assigned the job simply told the Pallies which auras to run, and that was it. For hard 5-man content (say heroics in BC), there was some small amount of knowledge of the fights, and which ones needed a resistance aura, but that was it. It was never particularly skillful.

    I don't mind the idea of auras as they are now - we wanted actual raid buffs, now we have them, and party/raid buffs simply aren't exciting. What I don't like is Retribution Aura, because it's just not Paladin-like, and because it encourages messing round with auras when we should be focussing on stopping people dying, etc.
    Oh ya I just mean they were a bigger part of game play than they are now.

    I am just happy my shaman gets his windfury totem, all the melee deeps are gonna want us again ahah.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  18. #38
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by 3liiil3 View Post
    I was gonna propose that the system automatically switches to Crusader Aura when you mount up, but then you might be in BG and your teammates needs the Devotion Aura instead.

    I would prefer we get a new passive to increase paladin (yes, all specs!) movement speed for a period of time when mounted (maybe for 1min?), without the need to switch the auras, or even return the original passive.

    This way we don’t lose this ‘utility’ (even if it wasn’t so important), and we can switch to it when needed for others.
    I have a far simpler suggestion - a constant passive Crusader Aura. Monks give a constant +10% runspeed buff, so why shouldn't Paladins give a constant passive mount speed buff without having to turn something else off?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    I have a far simpler suggestion - a constant passive Crusader Aura. Monks give a constant +10% runspeed buff, so why shouldn't Paladins give a constant passive mount speed buff without having to turn something else off?
    class fantasy.

  20. #40
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    class fantasy.
    Touche, Sir.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •