Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Maldraxxus cinematic kind of makes me wish Garona had died at some point. She'd be perfect for this in every way. No need to explain why she suddenly doesn't care about her family anymore (I get it, you die, you spend time there and at some point simply let go and embrace your new destiny, but the emphasis that was put on the past life and how you are supposed to overcome it was everywhere in the last one and here it's just... uh, I died for my baby, together with my mate and then they were just gone and I didn't care about anything else but that this place seems kind of odd... ), because Garona doesn't have one. No need to explain why she'd be a perfect assassin and spymaster, no need to make her into something she never was.

Otherwise I liked it, because it showed something of Maldraxxus we are not used to seeing from something that looks like the Scourge. Draka's boss came across as cool and wise and I really wish he isn't dead, because it sure seemed like he knew this was going to happen. He knew something that she and we don't. It makes me curios about what's going on there and I want to know more, so I guess it did what it was supposed to do, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    You know, actually, nevermind Zaela, though I do agree with @Syegfryed that she'd be a better pick. Why not just center it on Vashj? She's already in Maldraxxus. She's a woman, so you fill the quota. Vashj has a backstory and she has a design distinct from when she was alive as a naga. We already know she chose to take that form instead of be the night elf she originally was because she figured that better represented who she was when she took her fate in her own hands. That is when she took up strength instead of vanity which gels with the values of Maldraxxus. That's already a story even before you have her house get destroyed too. Vashj is also a character that got shafted in WC3 and has more name recognition and naga are cool.

The whole ass spider dude thing is really not a good substitute for an actual story.
    Vashj is supposed to be an ingame surprise I think. The quests leading up to her aren't clear about who she is and then its kind of a "gotcha" moment when you talk with her. Similar to the how the Ysera twist is presented in game and how Blizzard hid her at Blizzcon.

Also interesting is that it doesn't look like Kael may appear in the Revendreth short either, although he has been marketed.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Mograine is a twist ingame as well. So they really seem like they want to hide some of the big hype characters.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-09-03 at 06:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You're telling me that if it was the same, shot by shot, but only with Zaela featuring, you would be content? You would consider this a good animated short?

If the answer is yes, then i've got nothing more to say to you.
    no, are you even reading? you said it would be the same and i said no it was not going to be the same

just less bad/better

Zaela was a proeminent warrior and chieftain of the dragonmaw, she took the position by force, and she was strong, I can make a correlation of why she could go to maldraxxus

but Drakka? she was a frostwolf, most hunters, not warriors, she was a mother not a chieftain, why she went there and not the afterlife Durotar and other orcs went?

There is a big problem in the base
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-09-03 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    but Drakka? she was a frostwolf, most hunters not warriors, she was a mother not a chieftain, why sh went there nd not the afterlife Durotar and other orcs went?

There is a big problem in the base too
    When in doubt revendreth it fits almost every character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Could have sworn that was it, yeah, and later on we see the outside of the place it and definitely isn't Maldraxxus, there's trees and a river. No idea if that's an inconsistency or she's supposed to not be in the Shadowlands at all- which only raises many more questions.

Definitely a much, much weaker short than the Bastion one. Probably the weakest of that kind of video from Blizzard since the WoD ones, the Sylvanas Warbringer had a shit story but at least the visuals were awesome. They didn't sell me on Draka or on the Covenant itself either, which is a shame as the Necrolords were my go-to one for my main so far.
    You actually consider Lords of War weak? Out of all the animated shorts, they are the best ones to come out.

- - - Updated - - -

no, are you even reading? you said it would be the same and i said no it was not going to be the same

just less bad/better

Zaela was a proeminent warrior and chieftain of the dragonmaw, she took the position by force, and she was strong, I can make a correlation of why she could go to maldraxxus

but Drakka? she was a frostwolf, most hunters, not warriors, she was a mother not a chieftain, why she went there and not the afterlife Durotar and other orcs went?

There is a big problem in the base
    There is nothing particularly Draka about this one, except for the short begining. Meaning, it could have been just about anyone and it would still be the same. Unlike the Uther one, which was really character driven. Remove Uther and it's completely changed. Meanwhile, if you remove the begining of this one and put someone else instead, but keep the same lackluster narrative you get the same shitty result.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-09-03 at 07:25 PM.

Draka is a boring choice, if it was Orgrim, Ner’Zhul, Grom, Blackhand or Garrosh I would roll this zone asap. Now with Draka I get a feminist feeling that this was just to please the PC/Woke cult so I will stay far away from this zone and it’s plotline of strong Independent female needing no man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Something tells me there will be questline where we help draka find her lost personality/charisma.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Draka is a boring choice, if it was Orgrim, Ner’Zhul, Grom, Blackhand or Garrosh I would roll this zone asap. Now with Draka I get a feminist feeling that this was just to please the PC/Woke cult so I will stay far away from this zone and it’s plotline of strong Independent female needing no man.
    you need some form of help. i highly doubt that is the case.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Vashj is supposed to be an ingame surprise I think. The quests leading up to her aren't clear about who she is and then its kind of a "gotcha" moment when you talk with her. Similar to the how the Ysera twist is presented in game and how Blizzard hid her at Blizzcon.

Also interesting is that it doesn't look like Kael may appear in the Revendreth short either, although he has been marketed.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Mograine is a twist ingame as well. So they really seem like they want to hide some of the big hype characters.
    That's some good info. Even then, I think it'd still have been a better choice to make her the focus character. Make it a round up of characters that were shafted in TBC. They didn't have a story to tell with Draka. We saw Thrall meeting his mom in WoD and there was nothing much there. Turning her into an assassin after being killed by assassins doesn't really improve this.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh no.
    A woman.

The horror.

Formerly known as Arafal

That's some good info. Even then, I think it'd still have been a better choice to make her the focus character. Make it a round up of characters that were shafted in TBC. They didn't have a story to tell with Draka. We saw Thrall meeting his mom in WoD and there was nothing much there. Turning her into an assassin after being killed by assassins doesn't really improve this.
    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they might not have had Vashj frontline because the idea that Vashj is getting "redeemed" may have sparked some asshurt about Sylvanas getting redeemed CONFIRMED!!!!111

I also think it might just be because otherwise there's very little Horde in launch Shadowlands at all aside from Kael stuff and Draka.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-09-03 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Oh no.
    A woman.

The horror.
    Can alrdy tell you that these writter will not let her be a woman.
    She will have a female body but feminists will write her to be almost a man because they think a strong female needs to be like a man.

Can alrdy tell you that these writter will not let her be a woman.
    She will have a female body but feminists will write her to be almost a man because they think a strong female needs to be like a man.
    She's a friggin orc, not some human, get over her being a bit too gruff and rough for human taste^^

Garrosh fans review: "women!!!!!!!1!!11"

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Garrosh fans review: "women!!!!!!!1!!11"
    This made me laugh harder than it should have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can alrdy tell you that these writter will not let be be a woman.
    Looks like someones still stuck in 1950s gender segregation lol.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they might not have had Vashj frontline because the idea that Vashj is getting "redeemed" may have sparked some asshurt about Sylvanas getting redeemed CONFIRMED!!!!111

I also think it might just be because otherwise there's very little Horde in launch Shadowlands at all aside from Kael stuff and Draka.
    I doubt it's the first if only because they've tried even harder this time around to tell people that no, really, the spade is a spade, Sylvanas is a Giga-Satan, there's nothing more to it than that in both dev interviews and with their mouthpiece characters.

The second I can buy though, the Horde, good or bad, is ultimately irrelevant except in its circular firing squad expansions. This time around, we have Vol'jin, Baine and Thrall taking up roles, the former will probably the most relevant. They've implied Baine will meet Cairne later. Bolvar meanwhile's talking about how loyal he still is to Anduin and how he must look into the Maw for his sake. Kael and Draka up that count, but the thing is, no orc fan really asked for Draka in that role. We've seen that movie already.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-09-03 at 07:43 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    There is nothing particularly Draka about this one, except for the short begining. Meaning, it could have been just about anyone and it would still be the same. Unlike the Uther one, which was really character driven. Remove Uther and it's completely changed. Meanwhile, if you remove the begining of this one and put someone else instead, but keep the same lackluster narrative you get the same shitty result.
    you just dodged the point entirelly, good job

I doubt it's the first if only because they've tried even harder this time around to tell people that no, really, the spade is a spade, Sylvanas is a Giga-Satan, there's nothing more to it than that in both dev interviews and with their mouthpiece characters.

The second I can buy though, the Horde, good or bad, is ultimately irrelevant except in its circular firing squad expansions. This time around, we have Vol'jin, Baine and Thrall taking up roles, the former will probably the most relevant. They've implied Baine will meet Cairne later. Bolvar meanwhile's talking about how loyal he still is to Anduin and how he must look into the Maw for his sake. Kael and Draka up that count, but the thing is, no orc fan really asked for Draka in that role. We've seen that movie already.
    What's interesting is that Voss SHOULD be around to advance the Forsaken storyline. Though she has yet to be found on Alpha I think. The idea might just be that Calia has a hand in killing Sylvanas so she inherits the Forsaken from her yadda yadda (bonus points if something happens to her to make her ugly for fans, as an even more overt nod to Sylvanas being the new Arthas)

Wonder if she gets axed during prepatch (I doubt it, because she's the ONLY notable ugly Forsaken left and will probably stick around as token)

you just dodged the point entirelly, good job
    How exactly?

You say the problem is in the character, i say the problem is in the narrative.

(maybe it's a combination of both)
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-09-03 at 07:53 PM.