Page 1 of 55
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

[Spoilers] Shadowlands: Afterlives Cinematic Discussion

Set to premiere on 8/27, apparently covering the major story beats of each of the four Shadowlands Covenants:

First episode, focused on Bastion, Uther, Arthas, and Devos:

Second episode; focused on Maldraxxus and Draka:

Third episode - Ardenweald:

Fourth episode - Revendreth:

Last edited by Aucald; 2020-09-17 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Added First Episode
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I always liked those shorts more or less.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-08-24 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

I would love to see animated short featuring Tyrande and Bolvar, but building them around covenants is logical choice, can't say I'm surprised. I'm relieved we are spared from another Sylvanas cinematic/animated short.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like these shorts but I really don't care for any of the covenants or the characters shown here

I'll watch them anyway
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Based on the snippets in the video, I assume we'll get more info on the following:

• Uther's arrival in Bastion and subsequent fall to the Forsworn, as well as the reason for Devos becoming the Paragon of Doubt.
    • The coup against the Primus in Maldraxxus, including the betrayal of the House of Rituals and the House of Constructs.
    • The major effect of the Drought in Ardenweald and the arrival of the Drust.
    • Sire Denathrius' scheming coming to light as he makes his final play to aid the Jailer.

Should be interesting.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Based on the snippets in the video, I assume we'll get more info on the following:
    The coup against the Primus in Maldraxxus, including the betrayal of the House of Rituals and the House of Constructs.
    I wouldn't go so far, the primus has been missing for quite some time, though it seems very likely this is the end of the house of eyes.[*]The major effect of the Drought in Ardenweald and the arrival of the Drust.
    [*]Sire Denathrius' scheming coming to light as he makes his final play to aid the Jailer.
    I wonder who that orc is, he has the same voice actor as garrosh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I wonder who that orc is, he has the same voice actor as garrosh.
    It's possible it is Garrosh. But to be fair, if it's an orc, most of them have growly voices
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Im almost 100% sure thats Garrosh, the clothing is similar to what he always wore (just pants and a big-ass belt)+the voice sounds a lot like him
    man, hopefully blizz doesnt just kill him again in the short to show how evil things are there

also uther talking about punishing arthas at the beginning, and the moment of his death shown? and people still try to claim arthas wont play a role this xpac? lawl

anyhow, im happy we dont get yet another sylvanas fanboy video
    Last edited by Houle; 2020-08-24 at 04:52 PM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

• Uther's arrival in Bastion and subsequent fall to the Forsworn, as well as the reason for Devos becoming the Paragon of Doubt.
    • The coup against the Primus in Maldraxxus, including the betrayal of the House of Rituals and the House of Constructs.
    • The major effect of the Drought in Ardenweald and the arrival of the Drust.
    • Sire Denathrius' scheming coming to light as he makes his final play to aid the Jailer.

Should be interesting.
    Denathrius deal does not seem accurate. Its quest content. Some tortures, garrosh, kael and maybe some others. And maybe garrosh dont redeem and go to the maw

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Denathrius deal does not seem accurate. Its quest content. Some tortures, garrosh, kael and maybe some others. And maybe garrosh dont redeem and go to the maw
    Denathrius has been hoarding anima to give to the Jailer for ages (which he does in the Revendreth leveling content), and the snippets in the above video seem to cover him torturing the anima from his charges as opposed to reforming them like he's supposed to, as well as getting rid of political liabilities in the Ember Ward.

denathrius one of my fav villians we had in a long time

Garrosh is back. Let's see how this unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Garrosh is back. Let's see how this unfolds.
    Considering he does not appear at all in Revendreth and the big guy who appears later is supposed to be Arthas, I doubt he will appear beyond that tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Considering he does not appear at all in Revendreth and the big guy who appears later is supposed to be Arthas, I doubt he will appear beyond that tease.
    He could appear in a later patch in another zone which is a different covenant. I doubt that we will only visit 4 and the maw only during this expansion.

If Revendreth couldn't redeem Garrosh then he likely was sent to the Maw. I doubt we'll see him in any major role.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Best warchief located. REDEEM MY BOY

10+ Year Old Account
    Uther's arrival in Bastion and subsequent fall to the Forsworn, as well as the reason for Devos becoming the Paragon of Doubt.
    Completely agree. I also suspect this is the one we'll be starting with this week.

The coup against the Primus in Maldraxxus, including the betrayal of the House of Rituals and the House of Constructs.
    We might have some of this, but the way it looked to me was that much of the focus would be on Draka. This would follow how the past cinematics of this style have worked IMO, as they have largely been more character-based.

The major effect of the Drought in Ardenweald and the arrival of the Drust.
    This seems likely. The focal point may be on the Winter Queen here, but we are likely to see how the Drust have affected Ardenweald at least somewhat.

Sire Denathrius' scheming coming to light as he makes his final play to aid the Jailer.
    This one would surprise me, if for no other reason than I suspect they'll want to tell this story more in game. I do suspect Denathrius will be the focal point, but I wonder if it might go more into his story from an earlier perspective and show how things have changed for both Revendreth and himself. Renathal may be the focal point here as well.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently now Uther hates Arthas? Looks like writers forgot about what Uther said about Arthas after ICC.

So for Revendreth and Ardenweald we have focus set on inhabitants of those zones while for Bastion and Maldraxxus we have one of Blizzard's interchangeable cardboard cutout human Paladins and for Maldraxxus we have goddamn Draka. Great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    So apparently now Uther hates Arthas? Looks like writers forgot about what Uther said about Arthas after ICC.
    You mean this?

Uther the Lightbringer says: Arthas...
    Uther the Lightbringer says: Alas, hero of Azeroth, you give me a greater gift than you know.
    Uther the Lightbringer says: Long have I struggled to forgive the prince for his terrible transgressions.
    Uther the Lightbringer says: My soul has been wracked with unbearable anxiety, dark thoughts... distancing me from the Light.
    Uther the Lightbringer says: I recall clearly the gleam of pride in his eye as he stood before me, eager to defeat the enemies of the Light...
    Uther the Lightbringer says: Eager to defend his people, no matter the cost.
    Uther the Lightbringer says: It is this memory of Arthas that I choose to keep in my heart.
    Uther the Lightbringer says: I shall always be in your debt, friend.
    Uther the Lightbringer says: Thank you.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing