Brewmaster and magic damage

We have the lowest health pool out of all the tanks and only celestial brew can reduce magic damage.
    Are there any plans to change that? I don't see brewmaster doing high keys or mythic raid bosses that do magic damage in Shadowlands...he will just die.

I think Celestial Brew makes up for the stagger loss in raid fights. Magic damage in raids is usually a bit spread out and you're most likely going to be able to use your CB to absorb that damage. CB is really strong and it could lead to BrM being OP in raid environments, even more than they were in BfA.

But I feel like we're going to take a big hit in M+ survivability.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The 35% magic stagger seems to be back in the latest beta build. Combined with Celestial Brew, we might be in really good shape after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    The 35% magic stagger seems to be back in the latest beta build. Combined with Celestial Brew, we might be in really good shape after all.
    That's interesting. I wonder, what are we going to lose to gain Celestial Brew. Is the stagger percentage going to be lower in general in Shadowlands? Because Brewmaster was already in a good place before and it feels like SL is giving some significant buffs

take advantage of your racial... my monk currently is a draenei with most not all... magic damage being shadow damage. So there's 1%.

I mean, Brewmaster has been primarily good at handling physical damage since legion, so yeah, our options for magic damage are kinda limited, but even those still exist. 35% stagger is a non zero amount, celestial brew is a very nice shield, reverse harm was buffed to be worth using, and in the event of big damage there's always our plethora of defensives, although I'm going to in particular point out the buff to Zen Meditation. As long as they're not bopping you you can handle a lot of damage.

I understand your complaint but every tank has situations they're better or worse at handling. I remember the first time I tanked heroic Grong, took over for a protadin who kept getting squeezed to death and made it look real easy.

So I'm fine with not handling magic as well as the Pallies, DKs and DHs out there so long as I can survive and simultaneously outperform them when I'm in my element.