vengeance for magic damage buff

Hello everyone,

im curently playing Vengeance demon hunter on live.I was planing to change for blood dk since it looks great on beta, but now it looks like on our mythic roster we dont have any dh for shadowlands lol.

My question is, doest it worth to change to blood dk and loose the debuff or no...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowd View Post
    Hello everyone,

im curently playing Vengeance demon hunter on live.I was planing to change for blood dk since it looks great on beta, but now it looks like on our mythic roster we dont have any dh for shadowlands lol.

My question is, doest it worth to change to blood dk and loose the debuff or no...
    5% magic dmg is pretty important on mythic prog, you should find a havoc dh for your roster if you plan to reroll or prog will certainly feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    5% magic dmg is pretty important on mythic prog, you should find a havoc dh for your roster if you plan to reroll or prog will certainly feel it.
    is vengeance good on beta, maybe ill just continue to tank on my dh...

- - - Updated - - -

is vengeance good on beta, maybe ill just continue to tank on my dh...

- - - Updated - - -
    I'm just going to assume you're no where close to bleeding edge or they would just recruit or make someone reroll to havoc for the debuff so since you aren't bleeding edge yes VDH is good enough on beta for normal progression. Actually pretty strong in M+ atm. Biggest issues people have with the spec are that we didn't gain much compared to other tank specs getting unpurged the spec can feel clunky to play and doesn't have much if any diversity in talent choices.

But short story, if no one is going to play Havoc then yea you should stay VDH. The 5% magic damage will give your group far more then any other tank spec in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'm just going to assume you're no where close to bleeding edge or they would just recruit or make someone reroll to havoc for the debuff so since you aren't bleeding edge yes VDH is good enough on beta for normal progression. Actually pretty strong in M+ atm. Biggest issues people have with the spec are that we didn't gain much compared to other tank specs getting unpurged the spec can feel clunky to play and doesn't have much if any diversity in talent choices.

But short story, if no one is going to play Havoc then yea you should stay VDH. The 5% magic damage will give your group far more then any other tank spec in that scenario.
    I dont know if you mean cutting dge, but yes we are a cutting edge guild.We have 8 melee in our roster right now, bu no dh

I dont know if you mean cutting dge, but yes we are a cutting edge guild.We have 8 melee in our roster right now, bu no dh
    No I don't mean cutting edge, you can get cutting edge on the last day before shadowlands releases and that is miles away from bleeding edge. I'm talking like outside of world top 200ish you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No I don't mean cutting edge, you can get cutting edge on the last day before shadowlands releases and that is miles away from bleeding edge. I'm talking like outside of world top 200ish you will be fine.
    ah ok thx for your advice :-)

Yes the magic damage amplification debuff is very important, it will often be comparable to another half raid member dps.

If there are classes that you should not do without it's definitely DH, Priest, Warrior, Mages and Monks for the 5 buffs / debuffs.

Still if you want to play BDK, you could ask in your guild if someone is willing to play Havoc next expansion.

Best of luck guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotural View Post
    Yes the magic damage amplification debuff is very important, it will often be comparable to another half raid member dps.

If there are classes that you should not do without it's definitely DH, Priest, Warrior, Mages and Monks for the 5 buffs / debuffs.

Still if you want to play BDK, you could ask in your guild if someone is willing to play Havoc next expansion.

Best of luck guy.
    thx for your help