Poll: What covenant will you choose?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/tale...mastery/mTTz/2

Talent calculator is updated with covenants. I will probably go for Venthyr and BM.
    Not sure about final balancing but Flayed shot looks strong for dps and got very short cd. I like telport too.

Necro

Good dpsing ability for bm
    Cool mail xmog
    Cool mounts

I am going Night Fae with my resto shaman. I have a few very unconventional reasons for it. The first one, I saw what a resto shaman will get, and I have some plans for those abilities, and I like the backpack mogs. One in particular will be used on her once I get it.

Buuut, I am also well aware of the fact that Night Fae is not supposed to be one of the better covenants. I'll let the game do its thing and normalize itself out, because I can't just switch between covenants on a whim, according to Blizzard. I'm going for the one I will least likely want to go back to when I see how the others are performing in raids and dungeons.In my estimation, the Night Fae area may also be less populated by people going for the covenant they think will be the best >cough<Venthyr>cough<, and gey through the leveling process faster... maybe.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

since the Vol'jin storyline is tied to the Night Fae i will be siding with them on my main.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Originally I was going Venthyr for flayed shot but changed my mind after getting into beta and will go Necrolord after using both death chakram and flayed shot. DC seems more versatile than FS to me and I really like the Necrolord armor set.

Night Fae since it seems to be the Covenant most in tune with "nature" and animals reincarnating. Thematically, it fits the Hunter the best out of the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Night Fae since it seems to be the Covenant most in tune with "nature" and animals reincarnating. Thematically, it fits the Hunter the best out of the 4.
    Well, it depends on which spec.

I think MM-hunter has a completely different theme to it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Well, it depends on which spec.

I think MM-hunter has a completely different theme to it by now.
    So what Covenant would you go with for Marksmanship?

7+ Year Old Account
    Will say it's pretty interesting to see how balanced the poll is.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    since the Vol'jin storyline is tied to the Night Fae i will be siding with them on my main.
    please no, why blizzard why

Necrolord is the best all around choice imo. Venthyr is great on single target but kinda meh for all other situations. Death chakrams focus return helps with being able to cast more aimed shots and stuff.

I seem to be in a the minority, I dont really care about getting a covenant ability i'm just drawn to the Kyrain. Venth and Maldraxx seems cool 15 years ago but im too old for that. None of the mail really blows my mind but kyrian and night fae at least make me feel more like things my character would actually wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So what Covenant would you go with for Marksmanship?
    Basically every single one fits for MM because MM means, well, Marksman and it lost the connection to the nature theme over the last few expansions.
    They don't even use pets anymore. They are basically archers/gunners.

But night fae would at least bring it *back* to the "Ranger" theme a bit. Protectors of the woods, so to say.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-09-02 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Necrolord is the best all around choice imo. Venthyr is great on single target but kinda meh for all other situations. Death chakrams focus return helps with being able to cast more aimed shots and stuff.
    Yeah the chakrams look very nice and help every spec, but dam the 4 second shield just seems so meh. Maybe if you didn't have to channel the spell, it would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    Yeah the chakrams look very nice and help every spec, but dam the 4 second shield just seems so meh. Maybe if you didn't have to channel the spell, it would be something.
    Just in case, perhaps you've got it slightly wrong. The shield lasts for 2 minutes.
    It's just the channel that's 4 seconds, 20% hp shield, near a corpse that's bumped to 50%.

Anyways, as for myself on my Retribution main, I've been planning to go Venthyr for quite some time.
    The ability is still in an atrocious state imo, but I still have hope for some changes to it.

However the recent Afterlife cinematic actually added some serious Kyrian appeal for me. Story seems pretty interesting.
    And in the most recent beta patch, the ability specific conduit got a seriously amazing rework.
    The Divine Toll ability went from complete meh, to super solid all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    I like venthyr for the abilities. I like necrolords because I like the lich king vibe. Night fae seems like generic night elf stuff, although I am a night elf I don't care much for it. Bastion seems like it's too much lawful good for me, the whole holier than thou kind of feel that they have turns me off, feels too much like actual religion.

Probably pick Venthyr in the end because abilities are more important to getting into content than looking cool.
    You like it dark and gritty. night fae should be your vibe.

Night elves seemed a bit messed up atm, if it's only forest stuff that feels fitting, but that's what the powers that be in wow have decided for you.

For me abilities are better, i can get customisations with an alt, and mount rewards too.

Kinda undecided since i'm also undecided on spec.

For BM i like Necro since the ability is very versatile but it also has the worst soulbinds right now, Kyrian is up there since it has the best Soulbinds and the ability pairs nice with BM's legendary giving your pet 30% more crit damage.

For MM either Kyrian or Venthyr
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2020-09-06 at 05:05 PM.

Upon watching more Youtube videos the necrolords seem kind of neat but their soul binds seem so underwhelming... I would still argue that Venthyr is probably the favorite for all specs (assuming night-fae ability is never fixed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    Upon watching more Youtube videos the necrolords seem kind of neat but their soul binds seem so underwhelming... I would still argue that Venthyr is probably the favorite for all specs (assuming night-fae ability is never fixed)
    Last I saw Necrolord has an advantage over Venthyr. The Chakrams edge out Flayed in ST by a little bit and definitely have the advantage in AoE/Cleave. KS also has no scaling for BM other than Crit so the extras from FS apparently aren’t as big of a deal as they would be for SV or MM.
    Hoping Blizz adjusts the numbers a bit more because I’d really like to play Venthyr for both aesthetic and raiding.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty sure I was going to go Revendreth, but the mail set didn't grab me like some of the other covenants.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.