Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Thanks for your contribution to the Death Knight community.
    Haha oops, clicked in on this from the main page, hadn't noticed it was in a sub forum

It will be necrobois! (also thanks to the last RC buff to Abom limb)

Venthyr. The abilities look and play good, plus I want the gargoyle transmog set and coffin back piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive learned from other xpacks that blizz will nerf and buff stuff left and right, think i'll go with necrolords on dk, but i might have changed my mind by the time i've hit 60, cuz the night fea place looks really nice and the plate set is also good looking

Having played around with Kyrian, Fae and Necro abilities. I'm favouring Abom Limb, just feels nice and useful to both specs with rime and RC procs. Heavily disliked Death's Due for frost for some reason and only really useful on aoe for building str stacks. Kyrian one is just kinda shit in my opinion. Yet to try Mist, but we'll see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Settled on Kyrian for that Mastery conduit thing (which is weird because Kyrian was my first choice way back). It's too early to really talk crap about the Covenants themselves right now. The DoT is jack of all trades in all situations in every area of the game, not insane cleave like Necro/Vent, but a nice gap filler in raids, top ST in raid I believe.

The potions and Steward are very valuable to me though so far. I like Kyrian in PVP too. The potions are already making a difference and I've done like 3 BGs.

Abomination's Limb from Necrolords too good to pass on pvp and the transmog is sick too

7+ Year Old Account
    Was planning to go Venthyr on my UH DK but thanks to the last updated guide just before release it turned out Necrolords was the best DPS wise so i could go with my favorite choice without worrying so went with Necrolords in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathir View Post
    Was planning to go Venthyr on my UH DK but thanks to the last updated guide just before release it turned out Necrolords was the best DPS wise so i could go with my favorite choice without worrying so went with Necrolords in the end.
    Thank God someone else told you what to pick on your game.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Thank God someone else told you what to pick on your game.
    No one tells me what to pick but it make's the pick easier if favorite one turns out to be viable as well.

I wound up going Venthyr, as I felt like the abilities were the most enjoyable to use. If I tanked more, my choice would have been different.

I'm running night fae, death's due is insanely versatile and helps you with something on all specs (especially for blood, in dungeons you have a very high uptime of the buff if you get the free dnd proc). It's not that great on single target, but that 5% or whatever difference is easily made up by the INSANE mobility of the transformation. You don't understand it until you try it, that skill is just absolutely ridiculous on something as slow as a death knight, I think it's the first time you can actually carry dungeon mechanics as a DK and it feels fucking great. I do feel that this covenant is the hardest to use (since you have to be very conscious about your positioning, dnd and rotation to have the runes to get the stacks), but DK is not that complicated so its actually fun to play around getting the stacks.
    I do have to say though that it's a bit bullshit that if you DW as frost you get 4 stacks per Obliterate if you cleave 2 targets, and you only get 2 stacks if you have a two-hander. I hope they balance it out somehow.
    Last edited by loanel; 2020-11-28 at 11:18 AM.

I went with Necrolords as Blood DK, Abomination Limb is a nice, extra Gorefriend's Grasp and Fleshcraft is wonderful! I love the mechanic where the shield grows stronger if you cast it near the corpses of enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    By reading all this you can somewhat conclude...for now,

That everyone has a certain preference for their death knight and all find it their best possible choice. So does seem they worked out rather balanced in the end.

Ignoring outliers for top PvE and PvP play of course.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    By reading all this you can somewhat conclude...for now
    The biggest thing I've concluded having seen the Venthyr themes/mogs/etc is that it's now been ten years since Blizzard removed Blood DPS spec DKs from the game (along with Frost/Unholy tanks) and it still hurts lol

I've mainly chosen Abomination limb for my frost/unholy dk. Whereas guides say to pick Mists or Death's Due, i felt different. One being i don't use the breath build for frost, i prefer obliteration since it pairs nicely with abomination limb and Pillar of frost always lines up with it. Death's due i dislike because it's fixed positioning. so you're not always gonna get the full benefit of it.

went Venthry...fits dw BoS playstyle better than night fae.

Tell you what I'm super happy each spec ended up having a different best covenant, it's actually super cool the different builds within each spec favor different covenants.
    This certainly isn't going to immediately become a problem as soon as blizzard touches DK balance at all.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?