Poll: What covenant will you choose?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What covenant will you choose?

Blizzard wants to make meaningful decisions. Lets discuss what people are leaning towards.

I wanted to have necro lord, as I can see it as a mini bloodlust for every few minutes.
    But what makes me worry is that it increases attack speed, not HASTE. Therefore it does not help casters' casting speed. Correct me if I am wrong.

Therefore, it is ventyr. condemn at both start and finish is great for arms.

I'm leaning towards Night fae for my main (Night elf warrior), the transmog set is a bit meh, but the cloaks are nice-looking, and since i'm not all that fanatical about min/maxing, i can go with the one that most fits the character's style.

Don't know yet but im hoping it wont be Necrolord because that zone is so dreadfully boring. It makes me want to puke.

Whem sims comes out ill know wich to pick. And if no sims are out by the time of expansion launch ill just pick whatever the top guild players of my class did until i have more info to go on.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I would choose Necrolord.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    Blizzard wants to make meaningful decisions. Lets discuss what people are leaning towards.
    The one that sims the highest?

kyrian without a doubt

You asking people with only one char here or what?

Venthyr on my monk because all abilities are quite useless but at least the transmog is fine. Night Fae on my pally since I'm tired of the wheelchair meme and blessing of seasons is the most content agnostic spell.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think at this point, its almost 100% Venthyr in terms of damage and pvp viability.

Wanted to go Night Fae as I decided to go Nelf Warrior for SL, but Condemn is just too good.

I like the not_Scourge sets more but going Venthyr cause it's simple and effective.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2020-08-26 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I wanted to have necro lord, as I can see it as a mini bloodlust for every few minutes.
    But what makes me worry is that it increases attack speed, not HASTE. Therefore it does not help casters' casting speed. Correct me if I am wrong.

Therefore, it is ventyr. condemn at both start and finish is great for arms.
    Don't forget, Condemn is also Shadow Damage, much armor pen.
    I'll be going Necrolord if Arms is fun. 50% auto attack speed is nuts for rage generation, not to mention how popular Frost DKs will be I think it'll be a fun niche.

they changed warrior covenants. banner looks better for fury and especially prot.
    arms is still ventry i guess.

Still Venthyr, & it's not even close for me unless the math nerds come out & say Necrolords is beyond busted.

Kyrian/Night Fae - Nice in dungeons/outdoor content, but not gamebreaking. Good for all 3 specs.
    Venthyr - Amazing in raids/outdoor content/PvP/tyrannical weeks (SL seems to have a lot less trash), strong for both DPS specs.
    Necrolords - Needs to be vastly mathematically better to justify itself. Feels awkward being on the GCD.

For the flavor, Necrolords seem the best fit for a Warrior, plus the armor and mount look just awesome.

For gameplay, Venthyr looks pretty good, Condemn is great for Fury and especially Arms and apparently its Conduits also make it a powerful AoE ability as well. The Necrolord banner got buffed today, so maybe it'll be competitive and I won't have to choose between performance and flavor. I do think the Night Fae ability sounds like great M+ utility and should have been a talent instead.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I'll choose Necrolord or Venthyr. Night Fae has a crappy theme that i'm simply not interested in. And Kyrian is the typical good guy bland faction.

Had them already picked out for my 4 most played characters before even hearing the covenant abilities. Although from the feel/sound of it some covenant abilities seem really made for a specific class.

Warrior - Venthyr. The transmog looks fantastic and condemn is also great. As fury I really don't need more buttons to push either so it's nice that I don't need to try and fit an extra ability into a nicely crowded priority/rotation.

Paladin - Kyrian. Just being able to throw out 5 judgments or 5 shields is amazing. It'll fit in well with the priority system for them as well, especially given how often it seems like raid fights often have adds appear roughly once per minute or 90s. The armor is also paladin to the max, though I look forward to hiding the helmet.

DK - Maldraxxus. What else am I really going to pick here huh? Mostly going for the armor, but I gotta admit I'm really looking forward to having an AoE grasp on a fairly low CD for both tanking and interrupting. Could be one of if not the strongest utility spells in the game and will definitely encourage DKs as an M+ standard.

DH - Night Fae. Not a huge fan of the armor, but just the covenant itself feels night elfy and I don't see them joining any other one. Honestly can't even remember what the Hunt is supposed to do now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going for irony, so I will choose Necrolords with my paladin and priests! Without irony, shaman+druid goes to Night Fae. DH goes to Venthyr.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Honestly, the thing just keeps stressing me out more and more cause i am just afraid to make the wrong choice.
    So, i'm gonna wait for what the guides tell me and mix it with what i would like and decide.