Poll: What covenant will you choose?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Monk - Kyrian

Death Knight - Night Fae

Paladin - Necrolord

Hunter - I dunno

Warrior - Venthyr
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I'll put money on Venthyr getting a nerf, instead of being usable in the >80%HP window, they'll change it to 90 or even 95%. Won't be until the expansion is out already and everyone's locked in. Good luck to the Twilight kids!

For my warrior it is between Necrolords and Venthyr, leaning more towards Necrolords though.
    Mostly because the theme around Venthyr feels a bit off for warrior. (Note that I have not checked up much on what abilities you get and such, more just going by the aesthetics)

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    I'll put money on Venthyr getting a nerf, instead of being usable in the >80%HP window, they'll change it to 90 or even 95%. Won't be until the expansion is out already and everyone's locked in. Good luck to the Twilight kids!
    Its one of those things... it might get nerfed because I can imagine a world where by far the majority of warriors are playing it. At the same time I can imagine a world where it doesn't for the same reason.

Its also impossible to balance what they've put out. Kyrian has incredibly powerful utility and is an aoe ability, night fae doesn't have the utility but is again aoe, so balancing something like condemn against them is already difficult in and of itself... and then you gotta take into account that fury can aoe condemn while arms can at best cleave it onto 1 target. And then Banner is a 3 minute CD that is meant to have a long ramp up time which is probably thee worst design you can come up with for an ability in any high end content.

And all that is before we consider soulbinds.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its one of those things... it might get nerfed because I can imagine a world where by far the majority of warriors are playing it. At the same time I can imagine a world where it doesn't for the same reason.

Its also impossible to balance what they've put out. Kyrian has incredibly powerful utility and is an aoe ability, night fae doesn't have the utility but is again aoe, so balancing something like condemn against them is already difficult in and of itself... and then you gotta take into account that fury can aoe condemn while arms can at best cleave it onto 1 target. And then Banner is a 3 minute CD that is meant to have a long ramp up time which is probably thee worst design you can come up with for an ability in any high end content.

And all that is before we consider soulbinds.
    They created the balancing nightmare for no reason. I can see the appeal of Condemn, it's seems almost the obvious choice. I see your point, it could get nerfed because it's too good, but not get nerfed because it's what makes warriors viable.

Banner has changed from your description: You now drop it and gain stacks only while it's active, you keep your stacks for a bit after the banner disappears. It is pretty lackluster, will likely be better later in the expansion.

Kyrian has the BEST soulbinds but it easy to miss the spear, or troll your party with it's 4 second effect. Damage is kinda unexciting.

I will say, i'm on beta, and i play Night Fae. Ancient Aftershock absolutely DESTORYS in pvp/priority target and AoE. Avatar + CS + AA and you just deleted someone. With 190ilvl i've seen AA crits for 23k - compare to my HP bar of 33k. Only other ability that comes close to that in damage is Executioner's Calling - which is single target and dispelable.

Side Bar: I've tried every class and covenant. Honestly, they are all pretty boring, which is why i believe that most people will just go for Min/max OR story they haven't seen yet. Of all the abilities i liked, Priest Venthyr/Kyrian, Warrior Spear/AA, Shaman Venthyr/Nightfae, DK Abom Limb, DH Nightfae/Venthyr. From warrior perspective, if AA didn't look awesome and FEEL awesome when it crits, it would just be another boring button press. DK/warlock Kyrian ability is just a dot, and it's super boring to press. At least warriors abilities feel good to press. (Not a fan of condemn in this respect, but has a shared animation with DK Obliterate, which looks cool).

@Angrie Yeah that's the thing about something being super popular. If you gut it you piss off and alienate a ton of people.

I'm accounting for the banner change, though I did forget to mention the dropping thing which is yet another thing that makes it horrendously designed. But yeah... dumping rage in it to have up to a 30 second buff that you have to ramp up from sitting in a pool for 20 seconds. The only situation I can imagine it being good is if you happen to get a boss fight that'll actually let you just sit in one spot and tunnel as an arms warrior during execute where you can just keep spamming executes and ramping it up. On paper its pretty much everything I dislike all wrapped up in one ability.

3 minute cds are awful as they never line up well with content and need too much power wrapped into them to be relevant.

Long duration

Need to stand in a pool for that duration

Need to ramp up while standing in the pool

Banners are lame (I said it)

I actually kind of wanted to go nightfae after the afterlives cinematic. Something about it resonated with me, and I'm chill with ancient aftershock. Though its hard to tell, does it leave something on the ground that enemies need to stand in for the full damage like other nightfae abilities do? Cause that'd kinda suck with enemies forever being moved out of ground effects.

But yeah, I'm hoping either venthyr or nightfae end up the pick, but I wouldn't mind kyrian either. I honestly think I just won't go necrolord with just how much I hate the entire idea behind that ability unless it was just outright busted.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2020-10-09 at 01:48 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Night Fae is a nice pick,but why most people choose Venthyr.

Night Fae don't give a crap about min/maxing

Most likely Venthyr, with Night Fae being a close second.

In my Torghast testing, Condemn saved my ass SOOOOO many times and opening up with an "Execute" is really fun, but Ancient Aftershock is also really fun to play with.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    Night Fae don't give a crap about min/maxing
    being 50% weaker isnt min maxing,its game breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    I think at this point, its almost 100% Venthyr in terms of damage and pvp viability.
    Kyrian is wayyyyy stronger for PvP tho, both offensively and defensively.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the one hand.. it's nice getting powerful talents and a nice ability
    On the other.. you'll be part of some fruity club of vampires

I'll go Necrolord (or fae if they convince me in the story)
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Was going to go Necrolord till I learned its apparently going to heavily follow "Child of destiny and natural born leader" Draka. That and apparently the banner moved from your back to now being placeable.

So now I'm going Venthyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Hah, Venthyr being twilight kids. Quiet the opposite. The author for twilight said those kinds of vampires are too scary.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I'm not sure to be honest, as a Prot warrior, all the choices seem pretty underwhelming. I will probably got Night Fae for the plate set. I really like the looks of the mail armor, and I still have plans to farm ToS for the mythic wildstalker set, but BM just doesn't feel the same to me anymore. I like the simplicity of my warrior. I've found myself coming back to my warrior after trying out all my other max level characters.
    Last edited by CyanCobraXS; 2020-11-12 at 03:21 PM.

Banner is the clear choice when i know i will be tanking for others 99% of the time.

10% Crit to 2 party members is just broken OP for M+, unless it was changed again then we will see.

Plus, necrolord armor looks the best of them all.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leaning towards Bastion, the spear looks good for PVP along with the swolekin heal thing so I think both parts look good. I do like the look of Venthyr Condemn but I think not being Bastion will hamper me PVP wise. Not a clue about Night Fae and Necrolords, Night Fae plate is horrible as well.

Thinking Death Knight is going Necrolords right now but I haven't decided on any of it or looked in too much detail.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    If that really is the difference between the covenants then blizz just need to get their head out of their own ass and fix it..

They really should not "force" people into specific covenants like that.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    If that really is the difference between the covenants then blizz just need to get their head out of their own ass and fix it..

They really should not "force" people into specific covenants like that.
    well its no different than it was in legion or bfa,the best vs worst legenderies setup/azerite essence setup was about the same

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Is the 50% difference between total output or just a single ability? And have any of the recent changes addressed the disparity, if it is the former?
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

all of them