Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Sorry, but when the merest mention of your father's acts can provoke homicidal rage - well, you've got issues. Anduin has daddy issues himself, albeit of a different kind and intensity than Garrosh, more due to being in his father's shadow and also being a different kind of man (warrior vs. philosopher one might say). But from day one Grom has been a triggering element for Garrosh - first causing a despair so deep he could barely function back in TBC, and changing into something that triggered unthinking rage afterward. This is far from the only time Garrosh has been goaded into anger at the mere mention of or insinuation about his father.

... I mean, Garrosh rage gets triggered for many reasons:

When Garrosh gets hit by Varian, when Thrall said "you failed the Horde", when Magatha put poison on Cairne's blade, when Garrosh gets the thoughts of losing to Cairne during Mak'gora so much he breaks Cairne's spear, in all cases he was super angry, and yes... Taran'zhu talking about his father is another one. It ALL enrages Garrosh and makes his brain and blood boil.

You know what all of those events have in common? ... it's Garrosh's pride... it's not about Grom. The pride of Garrosh was in hurt in all those events.

In Taran'zhu's case, Garrosh thinks his father's pride is connected to his own pride. That's why TBC Garrosh was completely different person. Garrosh in TBC was ashamed what Grom did to the Orcs. What Grommash did was a stain on the pride of Garrosh. It wasn't about "trying to be loved by his father". He never sought for love, unlike people with daddy issues. It's all about the pride for Garrosh.

Once Thrall told good things about Grom, the pride of Garrosh was cleaned and he felt stronger than ever. Garrosh was not only proud of his father, but he felt no longer shame for being Hellscream.

It's not a daddy issues, I would say, "Pride issues". If you would say that Garrosh has pride issues, I would definitely agree without question. His pride is his weakness and caused most likely his downfall with everything. Grom (and all Hellscreams for that matter) plays a role in Garrosh fragile pride.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=179358/remornia
    unless denathrius consumed his soul in his blade, while the description says dark presence it could be related to him being corrupted by the void
    What connection does that have to garrosh?

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Garrosh is a tragic character like Daelin - the person was bad but the story is interesting and uhh... somewhat good.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Judging by the MoP direction change, he's actually one of the worst characters. Wasted.
    And his fans are almost as annoying as Sylvanas fans with these bait and switch threads.

As if any of the current main authors in WoW has any interest to write a character like Garrosh in some meaningful way that doesn't lead to him becoming a villain. For the current main writers the Garrosh we knew is nothing more than a shithead full of toxic masculinity. We saw what these people did to a character like Varok Saurfang in just one expansion. And here are people which seriously expect that it would be a good thing for the character of Garrosh Hellscream to come back? Did you pay any attention to character building in BfA? And Shadowlands doesn't give much hope in regards to good character story telling. Just look at the Jailer and Sylvanas. It couldn't be more bland and retarded. Let Garrosh be in orc heaven or somewhere as long as we don't get competent writers. And then they should create new interesting characters. Something that normally shouldn't be that problematic. But if you are as incompetent as the Blizzard writing staff it appareantly is a challenge that can't be overcome.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    As if any of the current main authors in WoW has any interest to write a character like Garrosh in some meaningful way that doesn't lead to him becoming a villain. For the current main writers the Garrosh we knew is nothing more than a shithead full of toxic masculinity. We saw what these people did to a character like Varok Saurfang in just one expansion. And here are people which seriously expect that it would be a good thing for the character of Garrosh Hellscream to come back? Did you pay any attention to character building in BfA? And Shadowlands doesn't give much hope in regards to good character story telling. Just look at the Jailer and Sylvanas. It couldn't be more bland and retarded. Let Garrosh be in orc heaven or somewhere as long as we don't get competent writers. And then they should create new interesting characters. Something that normally shouldn't be that problematic. But if you are as incompetent as the Blizzard writing staff it appareantly is a challenge that can't be overcome.
    +1

If they are bringing him up is definitely to spit more on him, to show how bad he is and how bad we should feel about liking a "bigot with toxic masculinity"

theorizing that is indeed him in the trailer, they probably want to humiliate him in the vampire afterlife and then throw him into the mw cause he cannot be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see a "redeemed" MU Garrosh versus Exarch Garrosh of the Lightbound on AU Draenor.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by msmollymillions View Post
    Garrosh died in the AU. If he's "alive" he'd be in the AU shadowlands...or they are opening up a giant can of worms letting AU deaths and MU deaths go to the same Shadowlands...WoD really screwed up everything.
    There's no such thing as an "AU" Shadowlands. The Shadowlands transcends realities and universes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    One thing that is kind of lame.

So SL is where everyone goes when they die obviously, but why are there only recent (as in WoW history) lore characters there? Where are all the other past lore characters? What about the millions or whatever other people that have lived and gone there since the beginning of it?

There aren't even Warcraft 1-2 characters, let alone people from past lore. Just kind of lame. Makes it feel like a theme park for very specific characters, which makes it less interesting to me.
    Draka died before the events of Warcraft 1 and Uther in Warcraft 3.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2020-08-29 at 01:13 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There's no such thing as an "AU" Shadowlands. The Shadowlands transcends realities and universes.

- - - Updated - - -

Draka died before the events of Warcraft 1 and Uther in Warcraft 3.
    True. She's also in a character in WOD though.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    True. She's also in a character in WOD though.
    That's AU Draka, where as the one in SL is MU Draka.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Would love to see a "redeemed" MU Garrosh versus Exarch Garrosh of the Lightbound on AU Draenor.
    True!

That's what I want to see too, makes me hyped. Imagine Garrosh returns and hears that his half brother has joined the Draenei ranks. That's insane story line, especially if both of them are strong willed Orcs.

He can also eventually build a "romantic relationship" with Grey'arah. Because they are like minded people. This can lead to grandkid of Grom and Durotan. Warsong and Frostwolf. Thrall and Garrosh relationship gets enhanced too. Quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    There is no AU Garrosh. That's the whole reason Kairoz picked that timeline...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XalAtoh View Post
    True!

That's what I want to see too, makes me hyped. Imagine Garrosh returns and hears that his half brother has joined the Draenei ranks. That's insane story line, especially if both of them are strong willed Orcs.

He can also eventually build a "romantic relationship" with Grey'arah. Because they are like minded people. This can lead to grandkid of Grom and Durotan. Warsong and Frostwolf. Thrall and Garrosh relationship gets enhanced too. Quite nice.
    AU Grommash never had a son.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    He hasn't had one during by the time WoD took place. But when by the time MU Horde went to recruit the AU Mag'har, he had one already. Exarch Hellscream joined Y'rel's crusade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

- - - Updated - - -

he had a son after we left.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

- - - Updated - - -

@Amnaught

AU Grom did not had a son in WoD, because original mother of Garrosh died, but he later did got a son with a different female Orc: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Exarch_Hellscream

AU Son of Grom betrayed the AU Orcs and joined Yrel and the light. He is probably a Paladin Orc.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

30 years after WoD is a long time. So yes, he does.

I could like Garrosh once, long ago. During Cata, in that single damned questline in Stonetalon. But he was never meant to be anything more than an anchor to make the Horde sink into the role of an Alliance villain. We are just now getting out of there and I hope beyond hope that Garrosh doesn’t return to bring us back to that muck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    I could like Garrosh once, long ago. During Cata, in that single damned questline in Stonetalon. But he was never meant to be anything more than an anchor to make the Horde sink into the role of an Alliance villain. We are just now getting out of there and I hope beyond hope that Garrosh doesn’t return to bring us back to that muck.
    Nah, he was meant to be more...but player perception of the character got him drafted from his potential to be greater and Blizzard shafted him to fit a villain role with very little convincing elements in the narrative, he literally flipped from his Cataclysm persona to his MoP persona like a big "WTF" moment, people were even convinced and speculating that he was replaced or brainwashed by the Twilight Hammer, after the Zepplin went down in Twilight Highlands...WHICH in retrospective would've been more interesting story, considering how he toyed with the powers of an Old God, even though they had the perfect setup they completely missed the opportunity and went "YeAh hE BAd oRC CUz ORC"

Garrosh is literally the worst character written in WoW. Sylvanas is a close second. Making Warchief synonymous with Douche for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    he is dead,hes not coming back,this isnt dragon ball....also garrosh sucks,i do hope we see him getting tortured good
    Um...Illidan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Nah, he was meant to be more...but player perception of the character got him drafted from his potential to be greater and Blizzard shafted him to fit a villain role with very little convincing elements in the narrative, he literally flipped from his Cataclysm persona to his MoP persona like a big "WTF" moment, people were even convinced and speculating that he was replaced or brainwashed by the Twilight Hammer, after the Zepplin went down in Twilight Highlands...WHICH in retrospective would've been more interesting story, considering how he toyed with the powers of an Old God, even though they had the perfect setup they completely missed the opportunity and went "YeAh hE BAd oRC CUz ORC"
    He was always intended to be a villain. His 'redeeming' characteristics in Cataclysm were the result of miscommunication between writers.