Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Leveling in Classic on a PvP realm is hardcore. I did that once, back in Vanilla, and I would never want to do it again.
    Maybe in the release, nowadays you barely see anyone when leveling, even on the fuller servers.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post

    My guild unfortunately does not have 20+ engineers like most hardcore guilds so we still have to figure out how to handle Visc since we can't cheese the blobs.
    It sounds like your guild should probably be skipping visc if raiders and officers are not willing to put in the effort to kill it.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    I can read it later in the warcraft logs, but I would like just a "real time" addon/weakAura.
    Well, I dont know a "RealTime" solution, would probably need to write yourself a WeakAura for that, (Might be Possible) if you want to track a Specific Potion it should be fairly easy-

    Apart from that, WarCraftLogs can LiveLog, you can check that Immediatly after the fight, its the next best thing I guess.

  4. #24
    i would have guessed that "resource gained" in detail would list manapot. not sure since i didnt care about manapots. but it does show thistle tee in the "energy gained" tap for rogues

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    It sounds like your guild should probably be skipping visc if raiders and officers are not willing to put in the effort to kill it.
    We found the issue and some alternative tactics. But ye these are not the meta 99% of the guilds are using. By far the most guilds just bring engineers.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Progression? In Classic?........ What?
    Yeah, my guild got twins to 15% our best try so far.

    Not every one clears things one shot

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Maybe in the release, nowadays you barely see anyone when leveling, even on the fuller servers.
    Really? I thought someone was always lurking STV to kill lowbies. Isen't that how STV got it's reputation?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Really? I thought someone was always lurking STV to kill lowbies. Isen't that how STV got it's reputation?
    It was in actual Vanilla. Classic has nothing to do with original Vanilla. Everyone just minmaxes everything nowadays and does nothing that doesn't somehow advance their character or gold reserves.

  8. #28
    retail is for having fun and fooling around

    Details does not show used mana potions.

  9. #29
    Legendary! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    6,265
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    retail is for having fun and fooling around

    Details does not show used mana potions.
    Live logging fights should show that.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2020Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Maybe it's a hardcore raiding guild and no one should be slacking with potions, but some clearly are.



    <- I saw retail that way a moment ago
    nope it left I saw it go ^^^^

  11. #31
    thanks for reminding me why I wont bother with classic OP.

    People getting antsy over potion use on a 15 year old game, what a joke.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    thanks for reminding me why I wont bother with classic OP.

    People getting antsy over potion use on a 15 year old game, what a joke.
    Yea, it's silly that the 15 year old content requires more effort from people than current.

  13. #33
    How do I get details to show me what consumes are being used? The raid check plugin does this but I can't get it to work?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    Hey,

    Is there an addon or a weakAura that could show me who used a potion or something simillar infight while fighting a raid boss?
    I would like to see who used e.g. a mana potion
    Start logging and you will know almost everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's Classic. Why....why are you trying to be strict about potions?
    Because... he can??

    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Retail is this way ->
    What does his question have to retail... ?

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Progression? In Classic?........ What?
    Maybe he is in super casual dad's guild and got problems on certain bosses?

    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=125...ture-venom-sac

    Pretty straightforward fix. Takes the "fun" out though.
    As i understand he does not have problems with poison dot but killing blobs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Maybe in the release, nowadays you barely see anyone when leveling, even on the fuller servers.
    Yesterday i've finally had a chance to pick my Blue Dragon trinket from DMF in Elvynn Forest.
    I've spotted atleast 20 players leveling only riding on mount from Burning Steppes to there... on 10am while i had break in work...
    Yeah... totally nobody is leveling...

  15. #35
    we got twin emperors on our second try and it is long long fight.
    I heard shaman healer saying he used mana pot 5 times.
    also, getting proper buffs is what makes the content easier in classic.
    juju, darkmoon, dm buffs, zandalari, rend and onyxia, then mongose and giants. they buff your dps a lot. a full buffed rog is pulling 1400dps while unbuffed and only mongose and giant pulls a 450. it is a huge difference if you ask me.

    whereas in retail, through the whole of the bfa i have never ever used anything except the flask. around the end not even that. so I can understand why he wants to check.
    Last edited by Gref; 2020-09-08 at 07:11 AM.

  16. #36
    You can make a weakaura that tracks anything you want. Potion cooldowns etc everything, real time on your screen. So if you wipe, you can name & shame the non-poppers!
    For visicus, try to have melee way out at the entrance, freeze visi with mages frostbolt rank 1, locks frost wandings etc and then when he almost freezes, have your melee run in and shatter him. That strat is way easier on healer mana than just going all in. Need less poison removal shit as well.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yesterday i've finally had a chance to pick my Blue Dragon trinket from DMF in Elvynn Forest.
    I've spotted atleast 20 players leveling only riding on mount from Burning Steppes to there... on 10am while i had break in work...
    Yeah... totally nobody is leveling...
    That's one packed server, while I've been leveling my hunter 1-36 in the past weeks I don't think I've seen 20 other players outside of Orgrimmar yet. With that I mean randomly encountering them in the world while questing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    we got twin emperors on our second try and it is long long fight.
    I heard shaman healer saying he used mana pot 5 times.
    also, getting proper buffs is what makes the content easier in classic.
    juju, darkmoon, dm buffs, zandalari, rend and onyxia, then mongose and giants. they buff your dps a lot. a full buffed rog is pulling 1400dps while unbuffed and only mongose and giant pulls a 450. it is a huge difference if you ask me.

    whereas in retail, through the whole of the bfa i have never ever used anything except the flask. around the end not even that. so I can understand why he wants to check.
    Yea, I understand the checking too. Though hopefully he understands that it's not that simple. For example if you're a shaman healing the melees in Twin Emps fight, you are not very likely to even need the mana pots. So punishing someone for not using them when they are not even needed seems pretty idiotic.

    And if they are forcing everyone to chug mana pots on CD, hopefully their GBank supplies those pots too, or they will probably run out of raiding healers soon enough. Having to spend 100G a raid on mana potions on top of other consumables will burn people out.

  18. #38

    Viscidus is an interesting fight. Amazing more so that when everyone was "really bad at the game" guilds were able to kill him without huge cheesing (Sappers). But today, if he can't be cheesed he can't be killed.

  19. #39
    Herald of the Titans msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Viscidus is an interesting fight. Amazing more so that when everyone was "really bad at the game" guilds were able to kill him without huge cheesing (Sappers). But today, if he can't be cheesed he can't be killed.
    Consumes and buffing is used as a gatekeep thing now. People like them because they can control who gets loot with them.
    "Oh look, this is the sweatiest guy in the guild, we can give him all the loot and he will carry us"
    "Sorry Timmy, you're not eligible to roll on that because you don't flask, but the other guy does, even though you both literally press one button"

    You can't debate this, people actually do this. It's socially imposed carrot on a stick and you wouldn't catch me dead in a guild that does that.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    That's one packed server, while I've been leveling my hunter 1-36 in the past weeks I don't think I've seen 20 other players outside of Orgrimmar yet. With that I mean randomly encountering them in the world while questing.
    Firstly, thats your quote:
    Maybe in the release, nowadays you barely see anyone when leveling, even on the fuller servers.

    Secondly my server is middle ground in population so bigger ones should have even more people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •