Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowlands Feedback - Class Changes in the Upcoming Build

Shadowlands Feedback - Druid Class Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Shooting Stars baseline thank you and good night

…I see, you’re still here. Ok, two somewhat significant changes to Balance in the upcoming build:

–Shooting Stars is moved baseline on the spec, with a new passive talent taking its place. We generally agree with the feedback that the DoTs didn’t communicate with the rest of the core rotation in any way. It’s a good foundation if the generators, the spenders, and the DoTs all feel like they reinforce each other in some way.

–Starsurge’s interaction with Eclipse is changed: it now increases the Eclipse bonus rather than extending the duration (Eclipse duration will simply be fixed at 15s). It still serves similar goals—Starsurge feeding back into the Eclipse/nuke cycle, as mentioned, and some depth around resource planning/pooling. But overall less frenetic to not have to worry about keeping an Eclipse going, and frankly avoids some likely balance issues that would occur as Eclipse duration scaled nonlinearly with haste. This also allows the Starsurge-Eclipse mechanic to function with Celestial Alignment again, which is a plus.

More minor changes:
    –Soul of the Forest adds a new effect to each Eclipse, rather than merely increasing its numbers.
    –Shooting Stars procs more often than it had been in beta
    –Fixed an error that was causing Moonfire/Sunfire durations to be double-extended by a levelup upgrade. They are intended to be the same as in BFA.
    –Increased DoT damage by about 10%.

Shadowlands Feedback - Paladin Class Changes
    The most prominent changes in an upcoming build will be two new talents for Retribution.

–A redesigned Execution Sentence brings back the iconic falling hammer, and delayed burst of large damage, on a 1 min cooldown.
    –As discussed previously, Inquisition was slated for replacement, due to having its role largely supplanted by the classwide talent Seraphim. Look on row 50 for an entirely new active damage talent, Final Reckoning.

More minor changes:
    –Ashen Hallow slightly reworked to be more normal AoE damage, as well as providing a stronger buff to Hammer of Wrath.
    –Healing Hands (Ret) redesigned to buff both Lay on Hands and Word of Glory, and to have it effect scale continuously with target health rather than having a cliff.
    –Bestow Faith (Holy) generates 1 Holy Power
    –Light’s Hammer (Holy) healing substantially increased

Shadowlands Feedback - Priest Class Changes
    A few things for healing Priests this update:

Holy:
    –Apotheosis now resets the cooldowns of Holy Words when activated

Disc:
    –Lenience (talent) returned to the level 50 row
    –Spirit Shell now appears on the level 50 row, in place of Luminous Barrier, as an active talent that replaces Rapture. An old favorite, adapted to the current Discipline spec to work with Atonement, and providing an alternate method of preparing an absorb shield on your group.
    –Rapture now instantly casts a PWS on the target when activated. Casting with a target is optional; it will put the shield on you if there isn’t one.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-08-26 at 08:00 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Paladin will need more than these to really feel like a mechanically sound class. I hear they don't mesh well with the covenants either with exception to Blessing of Seasons.

Would be nice to get Pursuit of Justice back too but now I'm being greedy.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Woe, no Survival tweaks.

Rapture essentially off the GCD again, am i dreaming?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Woe, no Survival tweaks.
    None yet.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Rapture essentially off the GCD again, am i dreaming?
    Yes yes you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Would be nice to get Pursuit of Justice back too but now I'm being greedy.
    Not greedy, we've needed more movility sorely since Legion launched... We need PoJ and Emancipate back.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

With these little changes to Paladins it is save to assume that this is how Blizzard wants the class to go through SL. Probably only when there are suddenly no more Paladins they will finally understand their mistake.

I just don't get why unholy gets so much dev attention...

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental Shamans going backwards again.

Sorry lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

Sorry lads.
    It's good and bad. The way fulmination was playing out, it felt pretty like a resource, as it did before we went to Maelstrom in the past. This is part of why the did, and are now going to Maelstrom. The downside, IMO, is they are going right back to the rigid BfA Maelstrom. One of the nice things about how SL Fulmination/pre Maelstrom shaman(and Legion Maelstrom to a degree) was the flexibility you had. Being able to cast ES/EQ with variable resource at variable power, for example. Now we're back to a world where EQ/ES are cast with only a specific amount of resource and a singular power. That, to me, doesn't feel nearly as fun or open. I would really like to see them change how ES/EQ spends Maelstrom to be more like Legion ES, where it had a base minimum, but would consume up to a certain amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

Sorry lads.
    I mean what they wrote was kinda true. They essentially just created a more convoluted maelstrom bar hidden in your buff bar. If they want to "fix" this, they'd need to start way deeper in the spec I think, which they apparently aren't willing to do right now.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    None yet.....
    Yeah, I spoke too soon! A focus bugfix! Just the thing Survival needs.

Hunter changes: Just a nerf to survival, we're not actually trying to fix anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Hunter changes: Just a nerf to survival, we're not actually trying to fix anything.
    No. Its a fix to current issue in shadowlands where Survival, due to incorrect tweaking had -50% focus regen, aprox 2-3 Focus per second, which was not intended.
    They are now removing incorrect scaling and bringing it back to 5 focus per second.

Still not the value that we have on live currently, but at least its something.

Kinda gives me hope that someone at Blizzard is actually acknowledging existance of Survival and it is not left as dead fish in the sea.
    Survival is still clunky as hell and still havent received their 50-60 leveling perks/passives.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Its a fix to current issue in shadowlands where Survival, due to incorrect tweaking had -50% focus regen, aprox 2-3 Focus per second, which was not intended.
    I know. I was complaining on the lack of everything else. MM still has broken talents. Wild Spirits is super bugged. Arcane Shot is overpowered for BM. Legendaries are super unbalanced, etc.

So now Blizzard is admitting defeat when it comes to Elemental after simply rerolling back to Cataclysm and then nerfing out what mate cata shaman special as well all the rng. I am so glad I quit this class with the beginning of BFA after twelve long years...

Are they done with the other 8 classes? Fire Mages would like an enjoyable and engaging play experience as well.

Holy shit, Thank you blizz for giving shamans maelstrom back. When they announced things like searing totem and going back to fulmination i was highly skeptical of these changes. I questioned why they were bringing back systems that didnt work for shamans in prior expacs and problems that were fixed with maelstrom. When they removed searing totem and said it wasnt impactful and was just drop and forget i was like, "Thats exactly why it got removed expansions ago! why did you waste this time coming back to that same conclusion?" And finally today they are giving back maelstrom. And the same applies here. Back when we used lightning shield stacks as a way to buff earthshock via fulmination they eventually came up with maelstrom as a resource as it was easier to manage, they also added earthquake to that resourse and it was no longer a totem with crappy LoS issues. But the thing about stacking lightining sheild vs maelstrom was it was the same concept. Build resource and spend it on a single ability. So again i asked blizzard "Why are we going back to pre maelstrom when maelstrom does the job? why are you chasing your own tail with these changes when you know fulmination has rotational issue and is clunky. Those issue were fixed with a maelstrom bar. And were going back to that?"

And what did blizz do? Realize they were going in circles yet again and now were back where we started.

If blizz wants to fix shaman damage they need to change how our abilites interact or give us new abilites that will allow us to compete with other classes in the new expac. Im guessing they wanted fulmination as a resource because they higher the stacks the more damage where maelstrom is always the same. If they want Earthshock or earthquakes to feel more impactful somtimes they need to provide us with mechanics like master of the elements as baseline abilites so we can choose when to buff certain abilites.

Once again it looks like they dropped the ball with ret. What a waste of 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by skynet1990 View Post
    So now Blizzard is admitting defeat when it comes to Elemental after simply rerolling back to Cataclysm and then nerfing out what mate cata shaman special as well all the rng. I am so glad I quit this class with the beginning of BFA after twelve long years...
    Iterating and trying stuff out during a beta isn't "defeat", its a normal development process. If you can't handle that don't follow game development.