Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reivur View Post
    I just don't understand why they don't embrace their fantasy/sci-fi-esque roots more with racial/language based curses as a substitution to cheat. They already do this with honorific terms for Orcs as well as ceremonies as well as sub-divisions and titles for Elves with the different types of dorei.

Examples from other fiction; Others Take You, Fangbanger/Mutie/Mudblood (lol), Frak, Blood in Ashes, Bosh'tet, etc. Its easy to circumvent in this kind of setting while still getting points across. They just don't.
    That's because the narrative designer is a giant simp who sees himself as Nathanos and must protect his imaginary waifu.

Comeon 99% of the people whining here would never had noticed if they hadnt said anything

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Interesting that those getting offended by words like this are perfectly fine with murder and worse.

And god forbid if someone exposed nipple!
    Yeah it's extremely disingenuous to be concerned about any words in this exchange given it takes place between two mass murderers. What a joke.

How about some unequivocal condemnation of genocide from the devs?

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Comeon 99% of the people whining here would never had noticed if they hadnt said anything
    You do know what you wrote is meaningless, right? "People wouldn't notice if nobody said a thing" implying their 'whining' is invalid, or at least less valid, because of that.

Picture this: if you went to a store and made a purchase, but then, a month later, when your credit card bill arrives, and your spouse notices that your card was over-charged in that purpose... does that make your complaints about your card being overcharged "invalid" because it was someone else that noticed it?

It doesn't matter that other people have noticed it and reported on the change. That's irrelevant.

I am honestly surprised they did. It was used literally, as in calling Sylvanas a dog. If Sylvanas was a guy, Garrosh would have said "Shut your clever mouth, dog!" but since "bitch" is the female version of dog, it was used instead.

Oh well, doesn't matter much I guess.

I really don't see it out of character for Garrosh of all people to insult others with those kind of derogatory labels especially to someone that is generally seen with low regard among the horde and especially by him. But hey whatever get's the writer off on white knighting her as usual since the start of legion.

meh, Imo it's just childish move, but whatever. What difference does that make if the child will learn that "bitch" word in reality when the child grows up?

Who cares about a single dialog line from 10 years ago in an old expansion ? Do you think most people even read the quest text ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    I read this in Fox News anchor voice.

"Beat down cops" lmao, are you fucking serious?
    Sir, are you new on earth ? People tend to exaggerate things thank make them think they have the Truth

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Who cares about a single dialog line from 10 years ago in an old expansion ? Do you think most people even read the quest text ?
    Then why change it?

FYI they didn't change only Garrosh, they removed the "bitch" from Godfrey too.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Who cares about a single dialog line from 10 years ago in an old expansion ?
    If this would be it then nobody complains, but if i know anything is that its never enough with the PC/Woke cult.

It always felt very out of tone with the rest of the Warcraft universe. I have no problem with the word or its use in the game, but I definitely think this was the right choice.

3+ Year Old Account
    Why does Garrosh's personality necessitate the use of swear words to some people? Psychos can be well spoken too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Why does Garrosh's personality necessitate the use of swear words to some people? Psychos can be well spoken too.
    Garrosh isn't a well-spoken psycho. He's not a scholar. He's just an angry orc with an ego bigger than his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Garrosh isn't a well-spoken psycho. He's not a scholar. He's just an angry orc with an ego bigger than his shoulders.
    He was actually written more cleverly early on, but the writing slowly devolved him into an angry orc with a big ego because fans were not very well receptive of his character. It seems easier for the writers to make a character people love to hate more than try to make a proper Thrall successor.

The writers seem to have a hard time writing in any Warchief that wasn't Thrall. Garrosh was their first attempt. Vol'jin they barely gave any screentime at all, and barely did anything during his time as Warchief. Hell, we spent an entire expansion with him out of the picture, and he conveniently dies at the start of the one after. Then we have Sylvanas who could have been a good Warchief but... well we all know where the writing went there.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-09-01 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    He was actually written more cleverly early on, but the writing slowly devolved him into an angry orc with a big ego because fans were not very well receptive of his character. It seems easier for the writers to make a character people love to hate more than try to make a proper Thrall successor.

The writers seem to have a hard time writing in any Warchief that wasn't Thrall. Garrosh was their first attempt. Vol'jin they barely gave any screentime at all, and barely did anything during his time as Warchief. Hell, we spent an entire expansion with him out of the picture, and he conveniently dies at the start of the one after. Then we have Sylvanas who could have been a good Warchief but... well we all know where the writing went there.
    Eh, I don't know. Garrosh isn't really the kind of character you "love to hate". He's just a character you hate, at least in my opinion.

At least, the way I see it, a character you "love to hate" is one that you still find compelling, in the way they cause trouble and aggravate the protagonist of the story. Garrosh, in my opinion, just isn't compelling. At all.

40 pages - welcome to 'current year' where something is silly as the use or removal of a toddler grade swear word is worth a 40 page discussion. Anyway, if my sarcasm didnt make it obvious enough, i really cannot for the life of me understand the issue here, and im not reading 40 pages to understand what everyone thinks.

To be fair, i also didnt really understand the outcry when the guns were swapped for radios in ET either - i dont support the move, but it didnt really change the bloody movie much - and i honestly dont see the issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Eh, I don't know. Garrosh isn't really the kind of character you "love to hate". He's just a character you hate, at least in my opinion.

At least, the way I see it, a character you "love to hate" is one that you still find compelling, in the way they cause trouble and aggravate the protagonist of the story. Garrosh, in my opinion, just isn't compelling. At all.
    I was actually referring to how the writers seem more capable at writing characters you love to hate (ie Gul'dan, Arthas, Sylvanas) more than they are able to write a compelling Warchief. Might have been more clear with proper phrasing, meh.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-09-01 at 07:56 AM.

Lol so a developper literally broke ToS by letting his kid play a game not suited for him because of the age rating and they change it for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Lol so a developper literally broke ToS by letting his kid play a game not suited for him because of the age rating and they change it for him?
    Just an excuse, everyone knows why it was removed only in two of the instances and it has something to do with the Blizzard "person" defending it tooth and nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I always assumed it was changed because some random developer is a genius troll and considered it funny to out and troll the involuntary celibate demographic of World of Warcraft. Because lets be honest here, a guy who is offended enough that his video game doesn't says bitch anymore to go on an online forum and cry about is probably the opposite of drowning in sexual encounters with the female of the species.