Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Knew it was going to be right before Halloween. Gotta take advantage of that theme etc. Good stuff.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    lol at the people with "EHMEGERD November / December release date HURR DURR".
    Imagine being this pathetic.

    Seriously. Imagine it.

    Blizzard says fall release, so people talk about November/December release. Seems reasonable right? Given that beta is still fairly overturned in a lot of areas. Plenty of time. But no, this person, brings sadness to a whole new level.

    Is it really that funny? Like, how did you feel this response was worth your time.

    This announcement made so many people happy. Knowing it releases before the holidays. No one is upset about this, at all.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    lol at the people with "EHMEGERD November / December release date HURR DURR".
    Haha, let's laugh at people who would prefer that a game be less buggy on release.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Imagine being this pathetic.

    Seriously. Imagine it.

    Blizzard says fall release, so people talk about November/December release. Seems reasonable right? Given that beta is still fairly overturned in a lot of areas. Plenty of time. But no, this person, brings sadness to a whole new level.

    Is it really that funny? Like, how did you feel this response was worth your time.

    This announcement made so many people happy. Knowing it releases before the holidays. No one is upset about this, at all.
    Imagine being so salty. Wash that salt off there, friend. Why you have to be so upset

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Imagine being so salty. Wash that salt off there, friend. Why you have to be so upset
    What were you expecting after a post like that?

    Anyway, hindsight is always 10/10. Now that we know it's this year, here's to hoping that they actually deliver a good awesome game.

  6. #26
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    BFA pre-patch was 6 weeks, most x-pacs before that 4 weeks.
    no, BfA was 4 weeks - July 17 to August 13. the rest have all been 4 weeks, or near enough, with the exception of Legion, BC and Cata which were 6, 6 and 8 respectively

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    lol at the people with "EHMEGERD November / December release date HURR DURR".
    People expecting it to release after like 10th of December fit into this, as it was extremely stupid to expect it to release so close to xmas.

    Even more so the people who claimed that it is so unfinished that it will get delayed until 2021. Those were the real HURR DURR people.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i wonder where all those "they will sure postpone to 2021 bcs we know better than blizz" people now
    You are right, the days where Blizzard delay a release to ensure its ready are long gone. The were never going to miss Christmas.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    People expecting it to release after like 10th of December fit into this, as it was extremely stupid to expect it to release so close to xmas.

    Even more so the people who claimed that it is so unfinished that it will get delayed until 2021. Those were the real HURR DURR people.
    Ehh, they have released major patches in Dec, Cata dropped in Dec as well. Not to mention they released expansions a week or 2 out from Thanksgiving.

  10. #30
    Finally a release date. Drops as expected too.

    This will be fun!

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    People expecting it to release after like 10th of December fit into this, as it was extremely stupid to expect it to release so close to xmas.

    Even more so the people who claimed that it is so unfinished that it will get delayed until 2021. Those were the real HURR DURR people.
    Yep, and those people get salty now as you can see from the two gentlemen that flamed me

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Ehh, they have released major patches in Dec, Cata dropped in Dec as well. Not to mention they released expansions a week or 2 out from Thanksgiving.
    Major patches is different from a brand new expansion.

    Also, during Cataclysms raids were open immediately at release and Cata was released before the 10th of Dec, not after it. For the past 4 expansions the theme has been to release raids 2-4 weeks after release. So expecting it to release less than two weeks before Xmas because one expansion was released in Dec 10 years ago is actually rather dumb.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Haha, let's laugh at people who would prefer that a game be less buggy on release.
    Release date is irrelevant to how buggy a game is. A qame can be buggy regardless of when it is release. Your argument is absurd.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Release date is irrelevant to how buggy a game is. A qame can be buggy regardless of when it is release. Your argument is absurd.
    You are clearly far more likely the have bugs if something is released too early because its the testing that gets squeezed. His argument is not absurd.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    You are right, the days where Blizzard delay a release to ensure its ready are long gone. The were never going to miss Christmas.
    well, the last (and only) delayed wow expansion was burning crusade so for wow those day never really existed...

  16. #36
    The only “bad” thing about the timing is that it falls midway of 3070 GPU release so its a minor annoyance for those updating/building a rig atm as not much time to benchmark the worthiness of new cards etc.

    As I said though very minor issue affecting a few lucky people (luck to upgrade) and I very look forward to get rid of BfA and never look back.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.

  17. #37
    Banned Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    6,590
    On one hand, I'm glad that it is releasing in October, BfA can't be left behind too soon. On the other hand, I'm praying that it won't be the buggy mess it was BfA at release.

  18. #38
    So I'm guessing the pre-patch is soon then? Like September? Have they announced the date for that? You would think they would announce a release date for the pre-patch BEFORE the actual expansion.

    On another note, I'm looking forward to Shadowlands it looks promising but I've learned to hold back my expectations when it comes to Blizzard. It's crazy to think that BfA will become another older expansion that we'll look back reminisce about. Time flies, man.
    Last edited by Grubenwolf; 2020-08-28 at 04:26 PM.
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    lol at the people with "EHMEGERD November / December release date HURR DURR".
    Doesn't matter what month it was set for, there would be people HURR DURR about it. Hell, they can change anything (or change nothing), and there would be multiple pages of HURR DURR...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well, the last (and only) delayed wow expansion was burning crusade so for wow those day never really existed...
    Funny you mention that. BC released on a Thursday, if I remember right, and I didn't get to play till Saturday because of a big ice storm that shut down a lot of power in the city here.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Release date is irrelevant to how buggy a game is. A qame can be buggy regardless of when it is release. Your argument is absurd.
    Are you new here? BfA is almost universally seen as one of the worst expansion launches in recent memory with several specs in near-unplayable states and many systems underdeveloped to a ridiculous degree. The devs have even admitted as much in the retrospectives of this expansion. Excuse the fuck out of me if I'd prefer we didn't get another 8.0 even if that means dealing with 8.3 for another month.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •