Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    lol at the people with "EHMEGERD November / December release date HURR DURR".
    Imagine being this pathetic.

Seriously. Imagine it.

Blizzard says fall release, so people talk about November/December release. Seems reasonable right? Given that beta is still fairly overturned in a lot of areas. Plenty of time. But no, this person, brings sadness to a whole new level.

Is it really that funny? Like, how did you feel this response was worth your time.

This announcement made so many people happy. Knowing it releases before the holidays. No one is upset about this, at all.

Haha, let's laugh at people who would prefer that a game be less buggy on release.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Imagine being this pathetic.

Seriously. Imagine it.

Blizzard says fall release, so people talk about November/December release. Seems reasonable right? Given that beta is still fairly overturned in a lot of areas. Plenty of time. But no, this person, brings sadness to a whole new level.

Is it really that funny? Like, how did you feel this response was worth your time.

This announcement made so many people happy. Knowing it releases before the holidays. No one is upset about this, at all.
    Imagine being so salty. Wash that salt off there, friend. Why you have to be so upset

Imagine being so salty. Wash that salt off there, friend. Why you have to be so upset
    What were you expecting after a post like that?

Anyway, hindsight is always 10/10. Now that we know it's this year, here's to hoping that they actually deliver a good awesome game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    BFA pre-patch was 6 weeks, most x-pacs before that 4 weeks.
    no, BfA was 4 weeks - July 17 to August 13. the rest have all been 4 weeks, or near enough, with the exception of Legion, BC and Cata which were 6, 6 and 8 respectively

People expecting it to release after like 10th of December fit into this, as it was extremely stupid to expect it to release so close to xmas.

Even more so the people who claimed that it is so unfinished that it will get delayed until 2021. Those were the real HURR DURR people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i wonder where all those "they will sure postpone to 2021 bcs we know better than blizz" people now
    You are right, the days where Blizzard delay a release to ensure its ready are long gone. The were never going to miss Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    People expecting it to release after like 10th of December fit into this, as it was extremely stupid to expect it to release so close to xmas.

Even more so the people who claimed that it is so unfinished that it will get delayed until 2021. Those were the real HURR DURR people.
    Ehh, they have released major patches in Dec, Cata dropped in Dec as well. Not to mention they released expansions a week or 2 out from Thanksgiving.

Finally a release date. Drops as expected too.

This will be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post

Yep, and those people get salty now as you can see from the two gentlemen that flamed me

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Ehh, they have released major patches in Dec, Cata dropped in Dec as well. Not to mention they released expansions a week or 2 out from Thanksgiving.
    Major patches is different from a brand new expansion.

Also, during Cataclysms raids were open immediately at release and Cata was released before the 10th of Dec, not after it. For the past 4 expansions the theme has been to release raids 2-4 weeks after release. So expecting it to release less than two weeks before Xmas because one expansion was released in Dec 10 years ago is actually rather dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Haha, let's laugh at people who would prefer that a game be less buggy on release.
    Release date is irrelevant to how buggy a game is. A qame can be buggy regardless of when it is release. Your argument is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Release date is irrelevant to how buggy a game is. A qame can be buggy regardless of when it is release. Your argument is absurd.
    You are clearly far more likely the have bugs if something is released too early because its the testing that gets squeezed. His argument is not absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    You are right, the days where Blizzard delay a release to ensure its ready are long gone. The were never going to miss Christmas.
    well, the last (and only) delayed wow expansion was burning crusade so for wow those day never really existed...

5+ Year Old Account
    On one hand, I'm glad that it is releasing in October, BfA can't be left behind too soon. On the other hand, I'm praying that it won't be the buggy mess it was BfA at release.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm guessing the pre-patch is soon then? Like September? Have they announced the date for that? You would think they would announce a release date for the pre-patch BEFORE the actual expansion.

On another note, I'm looking forward to Shadowlands it looks promising but I've learned to hold back my expectations when it comes to Blizzard. It's crazy to think that BfA will become another older expansion that we'll look back reminisce about. Time flies, man.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-08-28 at 04:26 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Are you new here? BfA is almost universally seen as one of the worst expansion launches in recent memory with several specs in near-unplayable states and many systems underdeveloped to a ridiculous degree. The devs have even admitted as much in the retrospectives of this expansion. Excuse the fuck out of me if I'd prefer we didn't get another 8.0 even if that means dealing with 8.3 for another month.

Are you new here? BfA is almost universally seen as one of the worst expansion launches in recent memory with several specs in near-unplayable states and many systems underdeveloped to a ridiculous degree. The devs have even admitted as much in the retrospectives of this expansion. Excuse the fuck out of me if I'd prefer we didn't get another 8.0 even if that means dealing with 8.3 for another month.
    Tht is completely irrelevant to this expansion. As it is you completly missed my entire point. You can just as easily get another 8.0 even taking the amount of time you want them to. How 8.0 came out had ZERO to do with how much time they took in alpha/beta. THis whole idea that taking more time automatically = better release is absurd. Correlation does not = causation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    So I'm guessing the pre-patch is soon then? Like September? Have they announced the date for that? You would think they would announce a release date for the pre-patch BEFORE the actual expansion.

On another note, I'm looking forward to Shadowlands it looks promising but I've learned to hold back my expectations when it comes to Blizzard. It's crazy to think that BfA will become another older expansion that we'll look back reminisce about. Time flies, man.
    They haven't. That usually comes in the form of the 2 week warning for end of PvP season.

Tht is completely irrelevant to this expansion. As it is you completly missed my entire point. You can just as easily get another 8.0 even taking the amount of time you want them to. How 8.0 came out had ZERO to do with how much time they took in alpha/beta. THis whole idea that taking more time automatically = better release is absurd. Correlation does not = causation.
    Yes, if you want to take the super fucking original cynical take that nothing Blizzard ever does will ever be good enough no matter how much time they take, you're right. But back here in reality where I (and most rational human beings, I'd wager) am willing to give developers the benefit of the doubt, there is absolutely a correlation between development time and release day quality. There will always be arguments about whether development delays are better or worse for the overall quality of the release and there is absolutely a compelling argument that delaying a game too much is more detrimental than releasing it in a slightly-unfinished state; that said, I really don't understand the point of being so fucking cynical that you actually think that development time "doesn't matter anyway" unless you derive some type of smug satisfaction from having the extremely unique hot take that Blizzard sucks at making games.

Yes, if you want to take the super fucking original cynical take that nothing Blizzard ever does will ever be good enough no matter how much time they take, you're right. But back here in reality where I (and most rational human beings, I'd wager) am willing to give developers the benefit of the doubt, there is absolutely a correlation between development time and release day quality. There will always be arguments about whether development delays are better or worse for the overall quality of the release and there is absolutely a compelling argument that delaying a game too much is more detrimental than releasing it in a slightly-unfinished state; that said, I really don't understand the point of being so fucking cynical that you actually think that development time "doesn't matter anyway" unless you derive some type of smug satisfaction from having the extremely unique hot take that Blizzard sucks at making games.
    You could not be anymore elitist if you tried. There is ZERO correlation between development time and release day quality. Using terms like "rational human being" or "bacck in reality" to act like it makes your opinion fact doesn't make your opinion fact. It just insults that only causes people not to take you seriously.