Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I find it hard to believe Arthas belongs in the maw but not Kael'thas. They're very similar characters, and if Kael'thas is in revendreth, I imagine that's where arthas should be.
    It is my understanding that while Kael and Arthas do look alike personality-wise in some respects, their motivations are different. Very black and white: Lich King wanted to end all life, Kael "merely" sought power for himself and his people (potentially at the cost of others), but wasn't a genocidal character.

Arthas is such a charismatic character, in the age of pussies he is the last hope

Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    It is my understanding that while Kael and Arthas do look alike personality-wise in some respects, their motivations are different. Very black and white: Lich King wanted to end all life, Kael "merely" sought power for himself and his people (potentially at the cost of others), but wasn't a genocidal character.
    You mean other than Kael'thas quickly siding with the legion, stealing his people's new source of light magic to summon the general of the legion to the planet so they could commit genocide?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    People keep saying "the blade that scars the souls" somehow alleviates Arthas of his responsibility, but it doesn't. Arthas is the only DK created by Frostmorne that *chose* to join the Scourge & his titular novel confirms that. At least Garrosh had good intentions: Arthas just wanted power & recognition.
    Garrosh had good intentions? He saw a new continent and wanted to paint it red with the blood of the natives... Meanwhile, Arthas' motivations were to help his people and get justice for the plague brought upon them.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Nothing in that cinematic suggests he'd be back... It's just flashbacks like in BFA.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I hate arthas so much he killed my sylvanas and all the high elfs.
    That was more the Lich King than it was Arthas if you get me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    *shows arthas getting thrown into a vortex of oblivion*

Arthas fans:
    Yeaaaa Boi!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad uther gets his revenge on arthas send him back to the maw where he can stay forever.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

At this point i'm just expecting to see Arthas becoming the new Jailer with Sylvanas falling in love with him for some retarded reasons because Blizzard loves those annoying and badly written human -elves couples, with Nathanos crying in the corner, while the forums explode that Sylvanas survived again. Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    Why can't people just let good character stories be finished?
    I believe Blizzard don't want the original Warcraft III heroes to fully die. They want to revive and redeem them in some way, as they did with Illidan, and now Uther, Kael'thas, and Lady Vashj. I think they want to do so with Arthas this time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a gut feeling Arthas would play a role since SL was announced. After the bastion short I'm convinced he'll play a role. I just hope it's well written because unwrapping a wrapped up character arc can be messy.

I'm surprised Arthas' fans are so eager to see their favourite character ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    Reeeally curious as to what they'll do with him. Yeah, he went to the maw but that was far from the normal path to get there and it was before the machine of death broke so I'm immensely curious as to what he's been doing, I'm thinking a turalyon approach of fighting for x amount of years against the mawsworn and he'll help guide us on how to defeat the jailer who he's been fighting for ages.
    We already know what he has been doing. Sylvanas saw him getting tortured when she made her deal with the jailor after Arthas died