Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasFanboy View Post
    If he wasnt destined to the maw who is?
    probably someone who CAN'T be redeemed, like Gul'dan

He might have been crafted into a piece of Armor at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Why the fuck are people talking about a redemption ark? Redemption for what, he did nothing wrong.
    Technicly he is guilty of accepting the help of the scourge, the same scourge he fighted against. When he did that, he felt into the realm of Ner'Zhull.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    turns out it got split in two. so the Uther we saw in HoR and in Legion was the Uther from the sword. then the other part of Uther is in Bastion.
    Does this mean the frostmourne part of Uther is now with the light?

the legion set all of these events in motion

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Arthas is just there in the cinematic. Just like in the Sylvanas one. He's not going to play a (major) role in-game.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    arthas was thought to be responsible for all his crime including by uther, but he was just under the control of ner'zhul, which soul remained in existence

when arthas died, ner'zhul remained

with the helm of domination broken, ner'zhul escaped the shadowlands to the void

arthas will escape the maw in shadowlands and seek revenge against ner'zhul in the expansion after shadowlands

source: dude trust me

Quote Originally Posted by ArthasFanboy View Post
    If he wasnt destined to the maw who is?
    I think the maw could have originally been only used for people who are full of malice (the guldans of warcraft) and had the power to back it up, potentially causing trouble in the shadowlands. But someone that wielded the - now as maw rebranded - powers of death clearly belong in that category. So I think as well that arthas is one of the people that clearly belongs there in the first place.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

not sure how you derived that arthas is back from the animation, but hes not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    arthas was thought to be responsible for all his crime including by uther, but he was just under the control of ner'zhul, which soul remained in existence
    Correct, his soul was the first one frostmourne claimed. What was left was a soulness body, aka, Arthas the DK, under control and empowered by Ner'Zhul

when arthas died, ner'zhul remained
    Wrong, Arthas eliminated Ner'Zhull soul after he merged with Ner'Zhull, the questlines that tell us that are in Icecrown, most likely now gone because the area has been updated.

with the helm of domination broken, ner'zhul escaped the shadowlands to the void
    He most likely went there just after Arthas terminated him.

arthas will escape the maw in shadowlands and seek revenge against ner'zhul in the expansion after shadowlands

source: dude trust me
    Arthas is no saint at all, and whille i love his story, i think its better to leave the dead... dead.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    It's still dumb as fuck. If anyone deserved the Maw it was him. Uther's involvement wasn't even required. Justice would've been served by the Arbiter anyway. That's why this whole conflict is manufactured and forced as fuck. If WoW mentions "MUH VENGEANCE BAD" one more time I'm gonna lose my shit.
    And yet, Uther wasn't complete and Devos used Uther to strike down an "Agent of the Maw".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Redemption for redemption's sake is a cheap arc. The only fitting fate for Arthas if he's involved in the story would be for him to remain damned and face eternal atonement as the new Jailer.
    I kinda like this...
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

It is hardly surprising. This is pretty much Wrath 2.

Can blizzard please stop ruining past characters just for the sake of money? Create new vulperas and shit all over them instead.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Can blizzard please stop ruining past characters just for the sake of money? Create new vulperas and shit all over them instead.
    Which past characters have been ruined?

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    The true king will return...
    Yet another praise to one of the most overrated Warcraft characters. If anything, it was a feeling of closure for Uther instead of a warcry for Arthas fanboys.

He might be a miniboss for the Jailer raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    probably someone who CAN'T be redeemed, like Gul'dan
    Any soul that is so powerful that it might break the foundation of the Shadowlands. From Ion last Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Yet another praise to one of the most overrated Warcraft characters. If anything, it was a feeling of closure for Uther instead of a warcry for Arthas fanboys.

He might be a miniboss for the Jailer raid.
    We still have no idea about the 9.1 and 9.2 raids. There is a lot of room for him.

I wonder what Arthas' Role would be?

King of Lordaeron? The Forsaken? I don't think a big character like this, would become a faction leader. This would put all other faction leaders to shame.
    Maybe Highlord of the Death Knights and the new Lich King? While he comes with experience in this role, I wouldn't put Mr Menethil back in this position. We all remember what happend the last time.

Also what I wonder.. will we see Varian? Or did he already become a smurf?

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I find it hard to believe Arthas belongs in the maw but not Kael'thas. They're very similar characters, and if Kael'thas is in revendreth, I imagine that's where arthas should be.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what the Uther of the sword would think about joining the other Uther. I mean he seems to have some sort of limited sentience.
    I think his soul was intercepted by Uther and that blue person when he died and thrown into the Maw, rather than letting the arbiter decide his fate in the Shadowlands (which is what happens with everyone else).

That's what was interesting about it. They weren't supposed to do that.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-08-27 at 08:52 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, someone's gotta be the Jailer once we kick the everloving crap outta the current one.
    Cue: Arthas, who will vow to keep the Shadowlands in check when we leave.

What?
    Sounds familiar?
    Like, maybe the exact thing that happened with Illidan in Legion?
    What?
    Do you think Blizz wouldn't rehash a past event for fan service?
    Do you really think they are above Arthas being Illidan 2.0?