Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Update: Shadowlands Launch Postponed from October 26 to Later This Year

Shadowlands Pre-Patch Release Date - October 13, Shadowlands Launch Delayed

Update: Shadowlands launch has been postponed from October 26 to later this year!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Beyond Azeroth’s shattered sky, a realm of infinite afterlives awaits: the Shadowlands, where mortal souls go to reckon with their pasts, discover new purpose . . . or suffer an eternity of torment. Seize your destiny beginning October 26.

Upon entering the Shadowlands, Azeroth’s champions will encounter an otherworld in disarray. Virtuous souls are being wrongfully cast into the eternal darkness of the Maw, while the Covenants—powerful factions who hold dominion over the afterlife’s disparate realms—face ruin and strife as the flow of the Shadowlands’ essential anima mysteriously dwindles. As an ancient, long-bound evil gathers the strength to break its chains, players must carve their path through the uncharted reaches of the beyond, forge a pact with the Covenant that most aligns with their own principles and purpose—and ultimately restore balance to the hereafter.

Join the Global Launch

World of Warcraft’s next expansion will launch in the Americas, Europe, Taiwan, Korea, and Australia/New Zealand at the same time. Wherever you live and whatever path you choose to take, you can be part of one global adventure beyond the shattered sky.

Check the details below for the exact time you can begin playing and begin your journey into the Shadowlands.

• Americas (PDT) - 4:00p.m. - October 26*
    • Europe (CET) - 12:00a.m. - October 27
    • Taiwan (CST) - 7:00a.m. - October 27
    • Korea (KST) - 8:00a.m. - October 27
    • ANZ (AEST) - 10:00a.m. - October 27
    • UTC - 11:00 p.m. - October 26

Pre-Purchase Now

Shadowlands is now available for purchase in three digital editions: Base, Heroic, and Epic.

Base edition Contents

• The complete Shadowlands experience.

Heroic Edition Contents

• The complete Shadowlands experience.
    • Shadowlands-level character boost, available on pre-purchase.
    • Ensorcelled Everwyrm Mount, which grants access to a questline that awards the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmogrification set.

Epic Edition Contents

• All content from the Heroic Edition
    • Anima Wyrmling pet
    • Wraithchill cosmetic weapon effect
    • Eternal Traveler’s Hearthstone
    • 30 Days of game time

All bonuses from the Heroic and Epic Editions are unlocked immediately upon pre-purchase.

Begin your path into World of Warcraft’s eighth expansion by pre-purchasing Shadowlands now! For more information on World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, visit the official site.

*To align with other regions, the Americas will launch slightly ahead of October 27 in local time.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-10-02 at 02:03 AM.

Who would have thought.

Blizzard has made a mistake with ANZ release time.

Should be
    ANZ (AEST) - 9:00a.m. - October 27

So another 2 years of an unfinished expansion. Nice

They know when the expansion launches but still no solid date on prepatch.

People on forums can throw around all the guesstimates they want but it isn't official until Blizz say.

Prepare for WOD 2.0.

Covenants are just Garrisons, you're tied to it the entire expansion on a very narrow progression path.
    Torghast is....who the fuck knows at this point.

The zones barely even have music in at this point. No idea why they're rushing this.

So... prepatch Sep 29?

I think it's too soon... I was hoping November or even early December.

what the fuck, the 26th?!

Wow. Going to resub as soon as the pre patch hits so I don't have to deal with all of the time played metric increasing stuff like corruption and essences

And still people forget that their internal testing is several builds ahead of what we see.

Tried telling y’all. Prepatch will be Sept 29th, follow for future patch dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    So another 2 years of an unfinished expansion. Nice
    Unfinished how? I'm guessing you've not been playing Beta. It is basically done. They're at the finishing touches and tuning stage now
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    The zones barely even have music in at this point. No idea why they're rushing this.
    For the same reason as always. They're giddy to cash in on box sales and opening month subs. It's always their highest moment in a 2-year cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    This scares me to be honest. They need more time for bug fixing and fleshing out stuff like the Maw, legos and conduits. There's little hope for more class changes and talent revamps. This also means Season 1 launches mid to late November on top of Cyberpunk, CoD, Valhalla, the Destiny expansion, etc... ugh. I was hoping for early December.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And still people forget that their internal testing is several builds ahead of what we see.
    I really doubt it's that far ahead.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Prepare for WOD 2.0.

Covenants are just Garrisons, you're tied to it the entire expansion on a very narrow progression path.
    Torghast is....who the fuck knows at this point.

I thought Legion was WoD 2.0? And then BFA was WoD 2.0, and now SL is WoD 2.0? Weird.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Oh god I hope it fails so much. Let it die, please. It's just suffering at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Oh god I hope it fails so much. Let it die, please. It's just suffering at this point.
    Really, how old are you weeb?? Wanting a video game to fail would improve your life how? Just dont play the game. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooner than I expected, but hey, I'm not going to complain about it.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yeah, Blizzard is well known for their top tier internal testing and being ahead by multiple builds instead of dumping everything weekly on the alpha/beta tests