Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Stood in the Fire Kagecamia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hell aka Detroit
    Posts
    392
    I see in this thread saying that affliction is now garbage tier but then I see other players like Kalamazi and other high end raiders saying that it is still strong.

    So it's confusing to say the least when trying to see who is right, who is wrong, and who is hyperbole.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    I agree it was too good - it allowed affliction to keep up with DH/Rogue burst AOE which we all know is a major no-no.

    I am just annoyed they stealth nerfed it, as it was the only thing propping up Affliction damage (our dots hit for nothing, other than UA).
    Are you mad? Warlock was way, way better than any DH/rogue and still is.
    Melee is rather useless in the beta right now. Especially in raids but with some of the new afixes, in M+ as well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    I see in this thread saying that affliction is now garbage tier but then I see other players like Kalamazi and other high end raiders saying that it is still strong.

    So it's confusing to say the least when trying to see who is right, who is wrong, and who is hyperbole.
    It's still very strong and has a really solid toolkit.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    I see in this thread saying that affliction is now garbage tier but then I see other players like Kalamazi and other high end raiders saying that it is still strong.

    So it's confusing to say the least when trying to see who is right, who is wrong, and who is hyperbole.
    I would hazard a guess and have to say I would tend to believe the people who actually review the spec and know it well while playing high end content as to whether a spec is good or not. I would not believe people who post things on mmo-c about the state of a class/spec unless they have links of reputable sites/posters that back up their claims.
    It’s probably more that the spec is still strong and good, but because it got nerfed in one aspect that makes them not as good in entirely all aspects of gameplay (I.e. burst potential) that people freak out and start spouting how their spec is ruined.

  4. #44
    The Lightbringer MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,144
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post

    My bad, I forgot that it's only alpha/beta/prepatch and that prepatch/tuning before raids opens/9.1/9.2/9.3/9.4/next expansion will fix it!
    Considering there have been weekly changes to classes with a lot of them being feed-back based, your argument doesn't really apply. Submit your feedback on official forums and we'll see what happens.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    That’s not the reason though. The reason is that the people in Warlock forums and discord are up to date with the current situation and power level, unlike casual players and generic surface level streamers regurgitating weeks old hyperbole.
    I can actually agree here. Blizz did something that made one specc superduper OP, everyone on the internet get to know about it, one week later its nerfed, and ppl still think its superduper OP because they dont bother to "update themself".

  6. #46
    Pandaren Monk bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Don’t bite. That guy is not a Warlock main, but yet another guy being gleeful about affliction going back to the dumpster.
    K, i was traveling for the weekend but ill bite. Yes warlock main, have two actually, and tired of playing destro. Affliction is still good, warlocks still provide a metric fuck ton of utility, and Malefic Rupture lost some coefficent but gained mastery. We will be fine, but sure if you want to swap out, go for it, ill be playing Affliction for sure this expansion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I would hazard a guess and have to say I would tend to believe the people who actually review the spec and know it well while playing high end content as to whether a spec is good or not. I would not believe people who post things on mmo-c about the state of a class/spec unless they have links of reputable sites/posters that back up their claims.
    It’s probably more that the spec is still strong and good, but because it got nerfed in one aspect that makes them not as good in entirely all aspects of gameplay (I.e. burst potential) that people freak out and start spouting how their spec is ruined.
    Thdlock and Kalamazi are both still happy with with affliction, even if its not Thd's preferred spec. It will be extremely good in M+ because Blizzard has made it clear that clumping in melee is done with the new affixes.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by JoakimB View Post
    Talent* one dot* if you ignore misery but thats not a SL talent, if you go misery you still need to target-switch.

    This is strange, everywhere I see "aff lock like omg best specc ever in SL", then going to aff specc-thread/discord = buhubuh worst ever. But well im pretty sure its the same everywhere. That just how ppl work, never satisfied.
    Legion Affliction's mechanics were GARBAGE. Several artifact traits designed as on death procs, to the point where one had to be revamped.

    Affliction only shone because of numbers, and this is something you people keep willfully ignoring while claiming it's a matter of grass is always greener.

    No, we're talking about mechanics and you people are the same mouthbreathers who keep saying DH is this great class (it's bare boned trash, virtually a class that presses 2 numbers rotationally and an extra one every 30 seconds by default without talents, it's a half baked class) just because numbers-wise it does well. We are having a different discussion and you purposely change the topic to dismiss someone else's statement.

    A feral druid or survival hunter could be topping meters and you people would say those specs are totally fine just because they were tuned to be top and not because they have mechanics that naturally lend themselves to perform well in several situations of importance to raids and M+.

    But the fact remains that if you put the same DPS in shadow and affliction's toolkit, shadow would come ahead because it has far less ramp up (agony needs to ramp up, and affliction needs to put up 3-4 dots on each target while shadow just puts up 2, and those two dots do about the same or more combined damage than 3 of affliction's dots), it cleaves damage more easily, it has better survivability against burst and self-healing (which comes natively through their DPS rotation, unlike ours which has been gutted with the removal of drain life from the rotation).

    There will come a time where we get a Legion 7.0 scenario, and those of you that are used to an 7.3 saving the day will be disappointed when you don't get it. Because they've been less and less inclined with balancing (when did they actually make essences and corruptions competitive? Never), and because covenants and soulbinds will be such a balancing clusterfuck taking up all their time.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2020-08-31 at 02:41 AM.

  8. #48
    Gutted? Nerf wasnt that big. Tbh it had to be nerfed, and id rather take nerfs now before im acctually playing it live.

  9. #49
    I get the nerfs. And I don't mind them if they are needed. What I am worried about is that they nerf us so hard that we are sucking ass like we did when Legion first came out. That is what I am scared of.
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  10. #50
    Demon is now at beta the worst dps spec of the game with SV hunters, so its pretty logical that their target for the Warlocks is that place: the trash tier. Expect every single Warlock spec being at that level.

    Affliction in Legion was a mutilated spec because the artifact weapon was designed with a mechanic of killing proc-spawned souls. They removed the proc but untouched the rest. I have to remember to all that Affliction was unplayable during the first patch.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Gutted? Nerf wasnt that big. Tbh it had to be nerfed, and id rather take nerfs now before im acctually playing it live.
    The burst was far too strong as it was. Good that it got nerfed now. The specs still strong and competes with destro really well.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaerick View Post
    The burst was far too strong as it was. Good that it got nerfed now. The specs still strong and competes with destro really well.

    Yeah I'm going aff lock, they got everything they needed to become very viable in M+ too.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Why is that a bad thing though? Why is it bad for a spec to be number 1 in something if it usually isn't?
    So you would also be okay with it sometimes being bottom tier in raids because it usually isn’t?

  14. #54
    Pandaren Monk bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Yeah I'm going aff lock, they got everything they needed to become very viable in M+ too.
    Same, im Destruction in BFA, but i am so ready to switch to SL Affliction. Malefic Rupture still feels good, and the spec actually feels fun in M+ which is a huge improvement. I am playing my beta lock more than my live lock now.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  15. #55
    So let me see if I understand this correctly. So in order for a spec not to be "OP" or "Busted" then it needs to be bottom tier. Like WTF, Where did this thinking come from in the WoW community? Now I see why most people have a hard time reading the forums. It seems, now, people are taking the fun out of the game by saying that any spec that pulls good numbers is supposedly "Busted" or "Op". /SIGH /SMH
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  16. #56
    Pandaren Monk bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    So let me see if I understand this correctly. So in order for a spec not to be "OP" or "Busted" then it needs to be bottom tier. Like WTF, Where did this thinking come from in the WoW community? Now I see why most people have a hard time reading the forums. It seems, now, people are taking the fun out of the game by saying that any spec that pulls good numbers is supposedly "Busted" or "Op". /SIGH /SMH
    Not sure where you got that. Affliction is very good, likely in top 10 dps for Raids, and could even be in top 5 dps for M+ because the new affixes are heavily antimelee and antistationary characters, so being ranged and largely mobile will help. The nerf of MR did not kill the spec despite what the OP claims.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  17. #57
    I mean they did nerf the shit out of AOE for everyone this expansion with the hit limiter so I guess its all going to be a joke.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Not sure where you got that. Affliction is very good, likely in top 10 dps for Raids, and could even be in top 5 dps for M+ because the new affixes are heavily antimelee and antistationary characters, so being ranged and largely mobile will help. The nerf of MR did not kill the spec despite what the OP claims.
    This wasn't meant for you Bloodwulf. Just kind of looking through the comments of this post and others in my morning read here at work and the perception I am seeing is that if you pull good numbers in a raid or dungeon then you are supposedly "Busted" or "Op". Just curious as to why people think that about class specs or it is just a warlock thing, exclusive to the warlock class. Like people want us to be buffed to bring good damage, but at the same time they want all abilities that we have to hit like a wet noodle. Just not sure where people, as far as this forum, want us to be in terms of game play for Shadowlands.

    I am now wondering if people on this forum are just whining for the sake of whining. Or at least that is what I hear they do on Mmo Champion forums.
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  19. #59
    Pandaren Monk bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    This wasn't meant for you Bloodwulf. Just kind of looking through the comments of this post and others in my morning read here at work and the perception I am seeing is that if you pull good numbers in a raid or dungeon then you are supposedly "Busted" or "Op". Just curious as to why people think that about class specs or it is just a warlock thing, exclusive to the warlock class. Like people want us to be buffed to bring good damage, but at the same time they want all abilities that we have to hit like a wet noodle. Just not sure where people, as far as this forum, want us to be in terms of game play for Shadowlands.

    I am now wondering if people on this forum are just whining for the sake of whining. Or at least that is what I hear they do on Mmo Champion forums.
    My bad, you are right about whining. This forum it seems like you are obligated cry about any change at all, or you are shill. Id wager the people complaining the loudest dont have beta access so they have to grasp at numbers in patch notes to be relevant. The warlock discord is not overly pessimistic right now, and the highend warlock players are happier with their class then the high end mage players by a mile, so i think locks are okay.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    My bad, you are right about whining. This forum it seems like you are obligated cry about any change at all, or you are shill. Id wager the people complaining the loudest dont have beta access so they have to grasp at numbers in patch notes to be relevant. The warlock discord is not overly pessimistic right now, and the highend warlock players are happier with their class then the high end mage players by a mile, so i think locks are okay.
    Like I said. My perception. Anyways I am off to better places to read with far less toxic people. Thanks for the reply though.
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •