Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Sorry but you’re delusional to the truth mate. You’re basing your arguments on how Blizzard have said the covenants should work. But that’s just not the reality. The differences between the covenants are not a few percentages. There will be a massive difference in performance between picking the worst and best covenant. The fact you’re talking about 0.5% just shows you have absolutely not idea what you’re talking about an that you are basing your arguments purely on what you have read. There is 0 chance you have played the beta. Otherwise you must have slept the whole time. Blizzard cannot tune shit and the covenants are going to be extremely unbalanced. People are going to be extremely excluded from groups based on the covenants and that is just the unfortunate reality. Blizzard are creating a problem that never existed and that they said they were trying to avoid.
    You know, I don't think I even mentioned covenants in my post?

    This has been a problem in WoW for well over 10 years now.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Fortunately i was dead set on Venthyr anyway. Damage wise, SBS is going to be on par with the others, so Necro as Fae is still a good choice.

    I really don't get how Kyrian one is staying this way. Is there a conduit i don't know about that makes it usable? (like, empowering 3 combo instead of one or stuff like this).
    Yeah, Venthyr was my first choice as it was, all things being equal or at least remotely similar. I'm actually relieved that the stark contrast between an amazing ability and the complete lack of one (the long gone and completely unlamented Slaughter) isn't going to force me to pick Necrolords.

    The Torghast power I saw that makes the Kyrian ability act as if 20 combo points were used instead of 7 seems like fun, but I certainly wouldn't use that stupid ability full time for one silly trait in one aspect of gameplay. That's kind of why I'm also not going Night Fae - I play way too much solo and outdoor world content for that vanish to not ruin my questing/farming multiple times a day.

  3. #183
    Despite the obvious Nerf that we all knew SBS would have ... I'm still going to continue with Necrolords.
    The mechanics of SBS are quite cruel against enemies and that hasn't changed. Do not forget that you can still infect 3 targets at the same time, it will only cost 15 energy and we are talking about a ranged ability that applies BLEED damage that cannot be removed ... until the target DIES!

    Also, something tells me that the Necrolords' next Covenant skills will have a lot to do with necromancy.
    I foresee my rogue being able to summon some corpses in a patch not far away ...

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Despite the obvious Nerf that we all knew SBS would have ... I'm still going to continue with Necrolords.
    The mechanics of SBS are quite cruel against enemies and that hasn't changed. Do not forget that you can still infect 3 targets at the same time, it will only cost 15 energy and we are talking about a ranged ability that applies BLEED damage that cannot be removed ... until the target DIES!

    Also, something tells me that the Necrolords' next Covenant skills will have a lot to do with necromancy.
    I foresee my rogue being able to summon some corpses in a patch not far away ...
    Yeah, it's not like SBS is now unplayable, mechanic wise it's still the strongest imho, just the damage provided went from like 35% to a 7-8% which is in line with Flagellation and Sepsis. It's actually the best case scenario, where all skills are viable in a way or another and you can have a choice dictated by other factors.

    Expansion got delayed though, so there's hope for a rework of Kyrian because it's just a convoluted mess.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  5. #185
    Kyrian is now the way to go? Eh... I know the differences aren't that high, but I'd rather have META/Bis abilities, which itself seems silly. I mean the whole idea of having different abilities than other rogues.

    ...though aesthetically I'd rather play as Venthyr.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-10-02 at 08:12 PM.

  6. #186
    They are not done balancing...I too think Necro pulls ahead in the end.
    Battle for Abilities = WoD 2.0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I'll trust blizzard over your assessment. They've been doing this for a long time. It may very well be that your class is nerfed in which case, your class will feel as if it doesn't work correctly.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Kyrian is now the way to go? Eh... I know the differences aren't that high, but I'd rather have META/Bis abilities, which itself seems silly. I mean the whole idea of having different abilities than other rogues.

    ...though aesthetically I'd rather play as Venthyr.
    Didn't read about it. For me, if difference is small enough, it means i have a free pass in choosing.

    I think we'll end with SBS the best choice in m+ due to the cleave, with the rest basically side by side until some kind of mechanic makes you "exploit" one of them.

    I'm just gonna go Venthyr.

    EDIT: checked on Ravenholdt, seems Kyrian is like 5% ahead with the rest in a sub 1% difference. but thats on a patchwerk fight, and it's a sim. Meaning thay if you don't manage to use it correctly you're just gonna lose the advantage. If yoi jave sustained cleave, i think the others are gonna push ahead.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-10-04 at 03:29 AM.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  8. #188
    Brewmaster Tiev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,344
    Havent even chosen a main yet.

  9. #189
    i am a dk and love the vampire lore in general in any story/fantasy , so its go well for the dk

    so f$## the r#@#$ who would say to take the faery for better dps , i dont care at all

    and i will do the same for each class, i will take the covenant who seem to go better with x class

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Didn't read about it. For me, if difference is small enough, it means i have a free pass in choosing.

    I think we'll end with SBS the best choice in m+ due to the cleave, with the rest basically side by side until some kind of mechanic makes you "exploit" one of them.

    I'm just gonna go Venthyr.

    EDIT: checked on Ravenholdt, seems Kyrian is like 5% ahead with the rest in a sub 1% difference. but thats on a patchwerk fight, and it's a sim. Meaning thay if you don't manage to use it correctly you're just gonna lose the advantage. If yoi jave sustained cleave, i think the others are gonna push ahead.
    To be honest if the differences in the end will be ~5%, I'd pretty sure choose Necrolords. For the reason you already stated - M+ and it's gonna be awesome in PvP also.
    I am mostly focusing on the raiding, but if the covenant ability will be better in PvP and M+ then I won't hesitate.

    To summarize: I'd rather have one good covenant ability that works well in every content I do, than just having one with ~5% better sim DPS just on ST patchwerk fights and is less forgiving.

  11. #191
    I can't decide. Leather set on a female nelf has some issues with the shoulders clipping w/ the blades backpiece. Kyrian purple set looks amazing w/ the dark angel wings, but overall Kyrian is too light for me.

    Only one I really don't wanna go is Nightfae, because the leather set doesnt fit at all.

    I'm glad we get to decide after questing in each zone. I'm not gonna follow the meta unless it's a massive gap, so I'll just pick when Im actually there in game.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    To be honest if the differences in the end will be ~5%, I'd pretty sure choose Necrolords. For the reason you already stated - M+ and it's gonna be awesome in PvP also.
    I am mostly focusing on the raiding, but if the covenant ability will be better in PvP and M+ then I won't hesitate.

    To summarize: I'd rather have one good covenant ability that works well in every content I do, than just having one with ~5% better sim DPS just on ST patchwerk fights and is less forgiving.
    Same reasoning for me. Flagellation is somewhere in the middle - you can cleave with it, albeit less than SBS and it's just about tracking a buff so not terribly complicated. Also i love Venthyr and the xmogs so it's a win-win.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  13. #193
    Am leveling a rogue and still don't know which one to chose, I think I will go with the Necrolords though, it sounds okay for M+, what do you guys think?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •