Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Wait. There is a free Covenant Change?? I thought that causes issues with the covenant that you leave??
    Ok, take this with a grain of salt cause it's a recap of the things i read/heard around and i have no direct confirmation.

You don't have "penalties" to leave a covenant. You also still keep all your progression if you decide to get back later on. Also, joining a new one should be seamless and totally transparent. However, returning to an old one is not "easy", there's a chain quest to take to "regain trust" with them (as you left for another party). It's not ballistic nor complicated, but takes some effort and it's not just "talk to NPC to join covenant".

Basically, they're leaving people the possibility to try new things because you don't know everything beforehand. However it's not something you can change daily or per boss fight. Plus, everything you've worked on for a covenant stays there so you're starting from 0 and while you're not losing anything, you're spreading your "farming efforts" in multiple places.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

i really hope venthyr ends up being a solid choice because its the only covenant that even vaguely fits in with rogue.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr is the one I really, REALLY want to join... but from everything I've seen so far, Slaughter is the absolute worst of the Covenant abilities. Necrolords are who I'm going with because they were a close second (LOVE the Darksiders vibes of Maldraxxus and the Covenant as a whole) and Bone Spike looks like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    Venthyr is the one I really, REALLY want to join... but from everything I've seen so far, Slaughter is the absolute worst of the Covenant abilities. Necrolords are who I'm going with because they were a close second (LOVE the Darksiders vibes of Maldraxxus and the Covenant as a whole) and Bone Spike looks like fun.
    as varolyn said, not everything is about the skill.

soulbinds could end up being the deciding factor when all numbers are crunched
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

I wish I got a better chance to try out all the covenants before being locked in. As it is now I feel like I have to decide based on the internet.
    Did I hear once that it would take several days to swap covenant?

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    at least your decisions are consistently bad
    why would you say that?

Bone Spike is overwhelmingly superior to the other choices in both power and feel, so unless something changes I'm going that.

In terms of switching covenants, the penalty appears to be having to do a bunch of world quests, with the first switch or two being pretty smooth and then it getting a lot more time consuming after that. Keep in mind that world quests are fewer and generally longer in length in SL.

I don't know anything about it, and can't wait to learn about it, in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr, really don't care about the abilities, I only bother doing heroic anyway so probably won't matter that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    as varolyn said, not everything is about the skill.

soulbinds could end up being the deciding factor when all numbers are crunched
    Yeah. Venthyr Soulbinds are really good, at least one of them. 4% more damage on your first target and the haste proc. I didn't see something on par on necrolords, ut i have may missed stuff.

I would really love to join Kyrian for the aesthetics, but there is no way i am playing with Echoing Reprimand. With how RNG our CP generation is, i actually felt frustrated trying to hit that exact amount of CPs.
    The gameplay with Serrated Bone Spike is just so smooth, so i guess Necrolords it is *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah. Venthyr Soulbinds are really good, at least one of them. 4% more damage on your first target and the haste proc. I didn't see something on par on necrolords, ut i have may missed stuff.
    I think the Necrolords Soulbinds are decidedly weaker as a whole relative to the other 3 covenants. That said, I cannot say how much weaker in terms of a %.

3+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr has by far the best armor set, so I'm starting as that. When I've obtained the armor I'll see which other covenant I might go for for the ability, although Slaughter is also the only ability I think is cool, with Night Fae as a close second.

Too bad all of the Covenant abilities are either rubbish or unfun.

Chose Night Fae when the covenants were initially presented, whether the abilities turn out subpar doesn't matter, I'll make up for the difference with my own gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    I think the Necrolords Soulbinds are decidedly weaker as a whole relative to the other 3 covenants. That said, I cannot say how much weaker in terms of a %.
    Eh, we will need updated simcraft for that. I know that SBS is by fat the most effective and versatile covenant skill we have right now, but balancing aside, i don't think Slaughter is that bad. Yes, it's boring but it requires zero effort to use and it's good for any kind of content aswell.

I think i'll stay Venthyr, the xmog and scenario are just way better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Eh, we will need updated simcraft for that. I know that SBS is by fat the most effective and versatile covenant skill we have right now, but balancing aside, i don't think Slaughter is that bad. Yes, it's boring but it requires zero effort to use and it's good for any kind of content aswell.

I think i'll stay Venthyr, the xmog and scenario are just way better to me.

Of course I respect your opinion and yes ... the Venthyr xmog is much more interesting than the Necrolord xmog BUT...

Slaughter cost: 50 energy.
    Serrated Bone Spike cost: 10 energy.

Slaughter range: Melee
    Serrated Bone Spike range: 30yd

Does Slaughter need stealth? Yes.
    Does Serrated Bone Spike need stealth? Do not.

Slaughter charges: 1 (only in stealth)
    Serrtaed Bone Spike: 3 (and no stealth required).

Slaughter. Damage description:
    (95.472% of Attack power) Physical damage. The target's anima mixes with your lethal poison, coating your weapons for the next 5 minutes. Slaughter Poison deals Shadow damage over 12 sec. and steals 15% of healing done to the target.

Translating: To apply Slaughter you must always be in Stealth (does not work in Shadow Dance if you are going Subtlety). This causes very mediocre initial damage and little is known about the effectiveness of the poison.
    You will also need to continue attacking the target in melee range to apply the poison that does damage only every 12 seconds.

Serrated Bone Spike. Damage description:
    Embed a bone spike in the target, dealing (60% of Attack power) Bleed damage every 3 sec until they die. Deals (60% of Attack power) damage and generates 1 Combo Point per active bone spike.
    Refunds 1 charge when target dies or is healed to full.

Translating: You can apply this ability over a long distance (30 yd) (with or without steath) and this can be applied to up to 3 different targets. SBS will also consume the lives of the 3 enemies until they die and all that with Bleed Damage. You don't even have to stay close to the target. All of this with a very low energy cost and with several charges.

This all said my friend .... in my opinion with SBS ... Necrolord doesn't even need Soulbinds. Haha ...

The only thing that will stop me from choosing Necrolord is a Huge Nerd on SBS.
    If that doesn't happen ... I can't see in the distance another Covenant skill as overpowering as this one (and I'm talking about all the classes ... not just the Rogue).
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-09-07 at 06:40 PM.

they'd need to rework how all the others work before i'd ever consider anything other than bonespike. it has no downsides. number tweaks which would be the most likely scenario won't change a thing in that regard.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I don't actually know all of the abilities right now, and I don't follow the balancing that might be going on. My choices based on preferences because of the theme would be the following. This does not take into account abilities at all. These would be my optimal choices and I will probably have to pick different ones to actually get good abilities. I prefer the Venthyr jump out of all the secondary abilities, but I won't list Venthyr here for every character, that would be boring.

Nightfae

Night Elf Druid
    Troll Shaman
    Pandaren Monk

Kyrian

Blood Elf Paladin
    Lightforged Draenei Priest
    Gnome Mage

Venthyr

Worgen Rogue
    Blood Elf Demon Hunter
    Dark Iron Dwarf Warlock

Necrolords

Tauren Warrior
    Void Elf Death Knight
    Blood Elf Hunter

That's just my feeling right now. Might change, who knows. Some of these are more important to me than others. Druid - Nightfae and Death Knight - Necrolords are more important to me as picks just because of the theme. I'm more flexible on others, like Monk, Rogue, Mage and Hunter.

Damn you op for not putting rogue in the title of the thread.

No one cares about your lists

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Not much more weird as other's peoples "i have to choose the best, i do the best content"
    what's the point of not choosing the best one?