Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharendil View Post
    what's the point of not choosing the best one?
    Tell me, which is the best one?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    the one that sims the best after tuning
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

I have spent 6 months wondering what to main. Still not sure. Covenants? No idea. Give me another 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    the one that sims the best after tuning
    And thats the best for everyone and everywhere?
    -Voltaire
    winning

I'm sorry I thought we were talking about rogue.

Seeing as its a rogue thread.

And you're just pointing out a problem with covenants. People need to also choose what part of the game they want to "main" because there will be different BiS for raid, m+, pvp, world content.

I'm sorry I thought we were talking about rogue.

Seeing as its a rogue thread.

And you're just pointing out a problem with covenants. People need to also choose what part of the game they want to "main" because there will be different BiS for raid, m+, pvp, world content.
    So, there is no absolute best? Oh my, never would have thought of that.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Well I pretty much only play M+ so yeah there is defiantly a best option for me.

Just like there will be a best for people who just pvp. Or just do raiding with their guild or people will have to pick a skill/traits semi good at both.

I dunno what kind of hot take you are trying to create

Well I pretty much only play M+ so yeah there is defiantly a best option for me.

Just like there will be a best for people who just pvp. Or just do raiding with their guild or people will have to pick a skill/traits semi good at both.

I dunno what kind of hot take you are trying to create
    The same kind you try to. A pointless one.
    -Voltaire
    winning

The same kind you try to. A pointless one.
    Could have just said you had nothing and just wanted to point out people can pick un-optizmised choices if they so wish. No shit. Why would you want too is the better question you dodged with another question.

Some people dont care about an ugly transmog set or toy # 1001 and only care about how the class/spec plays/performs because that is the fun part of the video game. Playing it

Some people dont care about an ugly transmog set or toy # 1001 and only care about how the class/spec plays/performs because that is the fun part of the video game. Playing it
    And there it is, your pointless post. And don't forget, i didn't initiate this nonconstructive banter.
    Last edited by ymirsson; 2020-09-07 at 10:29 PM.
    -Voltaire
    winning

And there it is, your pointless post. And don't forget, i didn't initiate this unconstrive banter.
    Good chat. Your counter arguments were top notch.

Good chat. Your counter arguments were top notch.
    They were adequate to the opposition.
    -Voltaire
    winning

For rogues, at this point ... the best one is Necrolord.
    But maybe some rogues are just like my mom ...
    She says I'm the most beautiful guy in the world ... but she married Dad. ¯\(°_o)/¯

I'm playing all across 24 toons so... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    -snip-
    Everything's right but there's a conduit that increases Slaughter damage if used when the poions is still active. I expect that it will become very good later on, while Necro will have the headstart.

Anyway, we'll see. Honestly, at this point i really stopped caring about numbers since i despise the choice of tying the palyer perfomrance to a flavour/rpg choice. Yes, you can swap covenants but the only thing you "gain" is the access to the BiS skill and all the farming done is "lost", or better, is pause and you're starting from zero.

I cannot simply put myself into "lets sim/try everything" because i simply don't want to do stuff for a faction i don't like either cosemtically or for other reasons.

Hopefully they're gonna #pulltheripcord

EDIT: it's specifically for Sub. Assa/Outlaw have really zero options outside Necro. So, if someone plans to play more than one spec, don't even bother.

- - - Updated - - -

what's the point of not choosing the best one?
    Actually doing content i like instead of something else just for numbers. Fun as a concept is different for every player, and since my money is involved, not gonna spend it on activities i don't find fun.

Anyway, i expect them to just cave in at some point. This is just a mess to manage correctly.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-09-08 at 07:48 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Actually doing content i like instead of something else just for numbers. Fun as a concept is different for every player, and since my money is involved, not gonna spend it on activities i don't find fun.
    You're response doesn't even match what I said.

We weren't talking about activities, we were talking about talents.

It doesn't matter what activity you're doing, what's the point of not picking the best talent available? What is the point of picking the inferior talent?

- - - Updated - - -

You're not answering my question.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Depending on the situation some talent can be better than others. Which makes covenants even worse, because you can't switch your talent from fight to fight.

- - - Updated - - -

There is an absolute best in many cases, and there often is a best one depending on what situation you are in. You might have 4 talents. 2 are flat out inferior to the other 2, and out of the remaining 2, one might be better for single target and one might be better for AoE. But that doesn't change that there is an optimal pick for you. It might change from fight to fight, but that still means there is a talent that is best for you. And being forced to pick that one, when you want to really be with a different covenant, is bad game design.

They are shoehorning talents into reputation factions, and forcing you to be locked into one.

It's a bad system and you haven't made a single good argument in favour of it.

Not even you benefit from it.
    Last edited by Tharendil; 2020-09-08 at 08:55 AM.

You're response doesn't even match what I said.

We weren't talking about activities, we were talking about talents.

It doesn't matter what activity you're doing, what's the point of not picking the best talent available? What is the point of picking the inferior talent?
    What talent is best for what activity is what matters. It's not like "this gives you 5, that gives you 10, so you go for 10".

Anyway, we're not talking about talents, we're talking about Covenant choices. And since you're gonna be stuck in doing multiple activities with your covenant, suddendly big numbers don't look as attractive as "i must do things that i dislike just because this Covenant is BiS" is a terrible system.

You're really picking what supports your idea and discard everything else to show you're in the right, when actually it isn't. Yes, it makes no sense to pick the inferior option if your only goal is max performance and if there is no downside in the choice, like as you said, with talents. Unfortunately, Covenants are not like this at all (and fun fact, it's exactly the reason why the system is not going to be good).

It's not like you're not right about "picking a worse option just for the sake of it".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Illusion of choice. Like choosing a "suboptimal" race at creation, a neglegted class, the "weaker spec".

If everyone was as one dimensional as your questions, there would be billions of people changing "mains" every major spec.

And thats not every factoring in that "best" is not even a clear cut decision in every case. Not even in the majority of cases.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Anyway, we're not talking about talents, we're talking about Covenant choices.
    Covenant talents. You are a mod here? You should do better.

Covenant talents. You are a mod here? You should do better.
    What exactly are covenant talents? You mean the active abilities granted? Nobody calls those talents.
    -Voltaire
    winning