Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    venthyr and i dont care about power levels here

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I truly despise how we've all come to a point where we go "Whatever is best" and move on.

Guide sites have utterly destroyed gaming. The internet has an answer for everything, and we as players no longer pick what we like or think looks cool.
    Blame Blizzard.

Tuning with fights like Mythic Ashvane, Mythic Azshara, and Mythic N'zoth made this choice FOR us. We'd all love to be able to choose what looks cool, but Blizzard tunes their game the way they tune it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Fae for all my characters without question.

EDIT: This is the Rogue forum. Oops. Sorry.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2020-09-01 at 05:48 PM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Nope, I have not. I'll decide when I've seen what they're about. Can't see my main being a Night Fae though... I love animals, but I don't like the visuals of that Covenant.

I have only played around with 3 of them so far,

Echoing reprimand is cool and as outlaw I have had many times where I have had to slightly change my rotation to hit the animacharged combo points, which while sometimes frustrating did add some more thought to Outlaw, which is somewhat more streamlined now that roll the bones is no longer a finisher.

Serrated Bone Spike: An indefinite dot that hits quite hard with 3 charges meaning in a cleave fight you can have 3 indefinite dots rolling on all 3 targets, So far seems to be the best in terms of raw dps.

Sepsis: Cool idea with the vanish upon expiration, but it requires some pooling of energy in the open world since you have around 1 second to hit the mobs once you vanish, otherwise they will just reset.

For the coolness factor Revendreth is the go to for me, mostly because as an outlaw rogue the one handed swords looks so cool, a shame the leather set it self isn't particularly swashbucklery but atleast the rapiers match.

If serrated bone spike continues exactly as it is, I believe I will choose Necrolords (and this is for PVP).
    However, Venthyr's sets are much cooler ...!
    As covenants are something that we will only be concerned with at the last level ... I will wait for all possible changes or nerfs ... only then to choose correctly. After all ... changing Covenant will suck ...

Seriously, how not to love Serrated bone spikes?
    Try to resist the Necrolord side of the force after watching this video:

p.s: Just a complaint about SBS: The color. looks like monk skill ....
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-08-30 at 01:35 AM.

there's no reason to not go for bonespike. the others range from clunky to small niche/useless while this one is good for just about anything.

so much for aesthetics even being an option lol.
    Last edited by Lex Icon; 2020-08-30 at 08:01 AM.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Necrolords for the talents probably.

Will wait for the official guides just in case.

Whatever gives better results when simming your character when it launches.

Venthyr for the mog (mage) but Fae’s spirit animal ability is the coolest to me. So it’s tough. Haven’t really been interested in anything else I’ve heard about. Especially the class specific abilities ZzZz
    Mighty one, never forget.

The Kyrian one wasn't too bad to play with on the beta for Outlaw but I disliked it in Assassination spec because Seal Fate ended up having me overshoot the combo point I needed to land on pretty frequently and while the buff lasts for quite a while, the RNG on critting and overshooting the right combo point mark felt pretty lame.

Necrolord so far has been just brutally good. It's got range, it resets charges when something dies so it's great for multicasting in PvP or M+ content because of resets on the cooldown, and you can set it and forget it on boss fights and just use the extra charges as low cost CP builders later on. I'll be very surprised if it makes it live at its current level of power.

Night Fae could be useful if it works with the Mantle legendary effect; I haven't gotten to test it yet. If that combination works I could see it having potential especially for PvP burst in particular to maximize the legendary buff uptime when trying to burst someone. Apparently it's quite annoying because you can accidentally reset things you're killing with the free vanish though, which seems pretty dumb.

Venthyr, at least currently, is worthless. It's just a Deadly Poison replacement for Assassination and does pretty much the same damage but as Shadow instead of Nature, with a small healing component. It's a dead option right now.

I'll probably go with Necrolord for content but if I'm looking for the "for fun" option, Night Fae's secondary ability to turn into a little fox and run around seems the most fun to mess with.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr. I'm going with theme of the covenant though not power based. Rogues and Venthyr go together in my mind

Im closer to "whats a covenant" than deciding who to spend most of the expansion with :|

7+ Year Old Account
    Haven't even looked at them yet. Once pre-patch hits I'll start checking them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Simple question: After everything you've seen and heard on youtube ... do you already know which Covenant you're going to follow with your Rogue??

Complex question: Do you already know what you're going to do ... when the Devs nerf the Covenant you chose??

Super complex question: For PVP.... Serrated Bone Spike or Slaughter?? why??
    I haven't even chosen what to play yet.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    And not a single fuck is given about which ones are "the best". These are character story choices. ^_^
    Uh, cool, I guess? You can put your "character story" first if you want but this is such a weird flex

Don't know yet. Realistically, my choice will be motivated by the usefulness and fun of the ability, but also by how cool I think the covenant is.
    Ok, almost entirely by how cool the covenant is.

I prefer playing only one character. Covenants will be relevant for two years. So choosing one that appeals to me is more important than what's strong.

Necrolords is going to be nerfed. so i just have to see how badly they nerf it. It they balance it, great. If they nerf it too much, like blizzard usualy do. Then rogues doesn't really have anything for pve

Night fae is outright broken. Any form of solo content and you vanish and reset the current target. That alone should show you how disconnected blizzard really is when it comes to rogues. They don't even know how the class mechanics works

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Serrated Bone Spike: An indefinite dot that hits quite hard with 3 charges meaning in a cleave fight you can have 3 indefinite dots rolling on all 3 targets, So far seems to be the best in terms of raw dps.
    What makes bone spikes great is not only the dot but that you get as many CP from applying it as you already have up. It is not limited to 3 targets, which means in long fights with lots of enemies you can fill up on CP every 30s. Also there better be some training dummies sprinkled through the dungeons to cheese this behaviour (like ring of booty in Freehold).

As of now Necrolord it is for my rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I truly despise how we've all come to a point where we go "Whatever is best" and move on.

Guide sites have utterly destroyed gaming. The internet has an answer for everything, and we as players no longer pick what we like or think looks cool.
    theres a reason why the top parses looks like the do in high teir m+ and mythic raids. And thats becasue no matter how much blizzard try, they can't balance for shit.

It will be the same for covenants, they wont be balanced.

And just as i pick the highest preforming spec of my 3 dps specs each teir, i will be picking the highest preforming covenant.

Its that simple.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.