Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Uh, cool, I guess? You can put your "character story" first if you want but this is such a weird flex
    Not much more weird as other's peoples "i have to choose the best, i do the best content"
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Don't have much reason to swap away from my tier 3 transmog so going for highest damage output, even tho I don't do higher keys than 18-19 and a few bosses on mythic^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

Night Fae because that focuses on Bwonsamdi. I like Bwonsamdi

3+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr: 15% heal stealing sounds good on paper, but we don't know how much it does in pvp (because why just put it out right there in the ui right?). Probably much less, given that all mortal strike effects are much weaker in pvp as well.

The portal thing being a targeted ability feels like it's going to be clunky, but that's probably just me. I don't like using targeted abilities as a melee, it's annoying to have to interrupt my movement (done all with the mouse including strafing) to go click on the ground. When it comes to mobility, the night fae stuff seems better.

Necrolord: the dot thing is stupid op atm because it has unlimited duration even in pvp (according to some video from pekaboo linked elsewhere that I didn't actually bother to watch, so I might be wrong), which is absolutely stupid. So they will hopefully fix this. If it goes live like this, you'll be at a disadvantage if you don't pick it (as with all op things), and after it's nerfed, who knows.

Night Fae: its the only one that seems to be certain to be useful, both sepsis and the dash/blink thing, because even if they were to nerf the damage, the utility would still be there, and doesn't seem the kind of things that they'd nerf.

Kyrian seems meh. I mean removing bleeds can be useful but only once every 5 minutes along with a paltry 20% heal? That's super underwhelming (I mean, we have the same heal on a 30 sec cooldown...). Echoing reprimand seems like some super clunky mechanic designed to amuse PvEers during their rotation
    Last edited by tamarin; 2020-08-30 at 05:23 PM.

No matter which covenant we choose now ... the chances of this being the biggest issue during the entire expansion are 100%.
    It seems that the majority of Rogues (at least those more concerned with efficiency and not with the fantasy of covenants) will choose Necrolord.
    I am sure that before February 2021 a new skill will emerge from the Venthyrs or Night Fae or Kyrian that will make us regret choosing Necrolord.
    Whoever has the courage and patience ... will switch to the other Covenant that became more OP. So 3 or 4 months later ... Necrolord will gain an even more OP skill ..... and there will have to be a time when Blizzard will have to allow the exchange of Covenat for 5 gold ... or everyone will unsub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both my hunter and DH are going Venthyr. DH for the obvious reason (sinful brand is just amaze, and the pocket teleport has potential).. Hunter is going Venthyr because, while it is true that Flayed shot isn't THE BEST in M+, it is still worthwhile at each boss or strong elite. And will likely be THE strongest for raid. And, yes it has to be said: That Venthyr mail set might be the best looking mail set blizzard has ever produced. EVER. I am absolutely getting in on that.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

I will follow whatever Covenant that is OP for my healer and swap accordingly. Dont care shit if they drink blood, pat kittens or strangle bunnies. I want numbers and utility!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I will follow whatever Covenant that is OP for my healer and swap accordingly. Dont care shit if they drink blood, pat kittens or strangle bunnies. I want numbers and utility!
    Yep, this will be most people (myself included) and it'll be interesting to see how firm the "rpg choices should matter!" people hold to their stance when they get denied groups because of their important character lore choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    No matter which covenant we choose now ... the chances of this being the biggest issue during the entire expansion are 100%.
    It seems that the majority of Rogues (at least those more concerned with efficiency and not with the fantasy of covenants) will choose Necrolord.
    I am sure that before February 2021 a new skill will emerge from the Venthyrs or Night Fae or Kyrian that will make us regret choosing Necrolord.
    Whoever has the courage and patience ... will switch to the other Covenant that became more OP. So 3 or 4 months later ... Necrolord will gain an even more OP skill ..... and there will have to be a time when Blizzard will have to allow the exchange of Covenat for 5 gold ... or everyone will unsub.
    Gonna be outlaw in legion all over again.

One nerf to traits in the outlaw wep where the spec didnt recover till late late into the expansion.

Same shit will happen to Necrolord. What a mess.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I truly despise how we've all come to a point where we go "Whatever is best" and move on.

Guide sites have utterly destroyed gaming. The internet has an answer for everything, and we as players no longer pick what we like or think looks cool.
    But you still can choose......don't be what you despise.

I agree, the availability of information makes it almost automatic in many instances to look up the 'right way' to do something often even before getting started; let alone once any sort of decision making is required.

I also understand min/maxing and the idea of 'holding others back' or 'not playing to true potential', etc. I've heard all the things and certainly don't want to rehash them to have the same boring conversation.

I would just prefer to see someone as aware as you are also realize that you can probably pick whatever YOU want and, in 95% of situations, enjoy the fun that it brings you.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

NightFae or Venthyr. The mobility sounds way to fun to skip, wich I kinda hate D:

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the colors of the black and red one other then that I haven’t really looked in to them. I wanna wait until release to check it out.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

As a Blood Dk i think Night Fae is a must have if they dont nerf it to the ground.
    You get a sprint on a 90 sec cd that is nice but with the Legendary that improve Death and Decay it will be the must have combo.
    When you stay in DnD you get up to 15% Dmg reduction, Strenght Buff, 10% Haste for you and your Pet and DnD can interrupt random enemys.

Venthyr for the xmog or Necro for Bone spike (made that decision before knowing it was well above the other choices...just seemed like a neat thing). Ideally, Slaughter isn't crap, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Necrolord is the only thing that makes sense for PVE currently.

Kyrian is just bad and doesn't work for rogues, Venthir doesn't really work currently, Night Fae seems like it could be ok, but its way weaker than Necrolords currently.
    Reason why i'm waiting for them to fix the stuff and see the final implementation. I think i'll go Venthyr, if you can actually use Slaughter in SD. Right now afaik you can't but it honestly doesn't make much sense (also because there's a conduit that makes you do double damage with Slaughter if the shadow poison is active already). If it sucks bad, i'll go Necro cause as you said, it's the only one that makes some sense.

Worth noting, Venthyr soulbinds are awesome, while Necro's are not that exciting (from a PvE perspective).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I truly despise how we've all come to a point where we go "Whatever is best" and move on.

Guide sites have utterly destroyed gaming. The internet has an answer for everything, and we as players no longer pick what we like or think looks cool.
    Unfortunately, Blizzard does nothing to prevent this. The whole game is about doing thing first, having your score higher, and prove to other people you're better than them. I suppose that this is what the majority of the community actually wants, since all these tools are created by players for players.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As you said, 2 months away.

Things will certainly change or get fine tuned, so forget about them for the time being. 2 weeks before release you might consider it

Just thinking here ... What if .. inside the vendetta window...

Serrated bone Spike + Garrote + Rupture + MFD /Kidney / internal bleeding + Exsanguinate ? o.O
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-08-31 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Just thinking here ... What if .. inside the vendetta window...

Serrated bone Spike + Garrote + Rupture + Kidney / internal bleed + Exsanguinate ? o.O
    I am also wondering if SBS is counted as a bleed or not. Since we have an assassination legendary that makes our Envenom hit for more for each bleed on target, and that piles up over time.

garrote+rupture+SBS+CT+legendary = 25% more envenom damage. It's not bad at all.

If i'm gonna play assa again, i'm going necrolord at this point. Until balancing goes towards Venthyr or i'm gonna play Sub.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I am also wondering if SBS is counted as a bleed or not. Since we have an assassination legendary that makes our Envenom hit for more for each bleed on target, and that piles up over time.
    Yes, it is bleed damage.

description:
    Embed a bone spike in the target, dealing (60% of Attack power) Bleed damage every 3 sec until they die. Deals (60% of Attack power) damage and generates 1 Combo Point per active bone spike.
    Refunds 1 charge when target dies or is healed to full.

Yes, this skill is so OverPower right now that I really doubt it will suffer a very very soon nerf ...

Just think here for a kill shot you just need to do the following inside Vendetta:

Cheap Shot > SBS > Garrote > Rupture > MfD > Kidney / internal bleeding > exsanguinate > vanish .... wait few seconds ... win.

And I'm not even counting on any legendary effect ...

People do realise this is a rogue thread? No one cares what your dk/alts are playing.

I'm annoyed the choice is between necrolord or night fae. Both don't suit rogue. But thier spells are too powerful to ignore