Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    People do realise this is a rogue thread? No one cares what your dk/alts are playing.

I'm annoyed the choice is between necrolord or night fae. Both don't suit rogue. But thier spells are too powerful to ignore
    At least the night fae spells seem sort of fun, like the sprint+blink one, and are not just "good because big numbers" like bone spike.

My current plan is to go necrolord then use the free covenant change to switch to something else later once it has been rightfully nerfed to the ground. Because frankly, I expect more from rogue gameplay than just abusing a single comically overpowered dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Yes, it is bleed damage.

description:
    Embed a bone spike in the target, dealing (60% of Attack power) Bleed damage every 3 sec until they die. Deals (60% of Attack power) damage and generates 1 Combo Point per active bone spike.
    Refunds 1 charge when target dies or is healed to full.

Yes, this skill is so OverPower right now that I really doubt it will suffer a very very soon nerf ...

Just think here for a kill shot you just need to do the following inside Vendetta:

Cheap Shot > SBS > Garrote > Rupture > MfD > Kidney / internal bleeding > exsanguinate > vanish .... wait few seconds ... win.

And I'm not even counting on any legendary effect ...
    Yeah, i think it's gonna get gutted in PvP - in PvE a permanent small dot is way less problematic to manage, as it's just a matter of tuning its dps (and it's simpler exactly because it's permanent).

I'm really tempted at this point to play Assa+Necro. But i also dislike the xmog stuff a lot, while Venthyr are just awesome to me. Choices, choices. I really want to play Sub this expansion, i would play both specs actually if it wasn't this complicated to change covenant and splitting the farming effort especially at expansion beginning is just a total no-go.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty simple, Necrolord is the only answer

Decided on necrolords during expansion reveal, sticking with that regardless how good the abilities are.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah, i think it's gonna get gutted in PvP - in PvE a permanent small dot is way less problematic to manage, as it's just a matter of tuning its dps (and it's simpler exactly because it's permanent).

I'm really tempted at this point to play Assa+Necro. But i also dislike the xmog stuff a lot, while Venthyr are just awesome to me. Choices, choices. I really want to play Sub this expansion, i would play both specs actually if it wasn't this complicated to change covenant and splitting the farming effort especially at expansion beginning is just a total no-go.

Same here. I love venthyr's set but the necrolord's ability (right now) is too powerful to ignore.
    My biggest concern is the (almost inevitable) nerf that Serrated Bone Spike will have.
    I also want to go subtlety in this expansion ... but the combo "SBS + ASSASSINATION BLEEDS + EXSANGUINATE" will make Warlock's Chaos Bolt look like a weak skill...
    I'm almost hoping for SBS to really be nerf so I can choose subtlety more relaxed ... hahah ...

- - - Updated - - -

Two other things that in a few months will deserve a topic of their own are:
    1 - SBS seems to make Rogue incredibly strong but have you seen the new skills of the other classes? Most are fully mega buffed. DH and Mage promise to kill the rogue in less than 3 seconds as they are now ...
    2 - Yes, only Rogue will be nerfed. Hahahaha ... the playerbase hates us with all the power of the heart ...

I'm also going Necrolord unless it is nerfed before I hit level 60. I would like to go Night Fae, but I usually have one or two alt-rogues for reasons like that alone... so I can play what I want to play without nerfing myself for PvE content on my main.
    "You can make me do it, but you can't make me do it with dignity!"
    - Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I truly despise how we've all come to a point where we go "Whatever is best" and move on.

Guide sites have utterly destroyed gaming. The internet has an answer for everything, and we as players no longer pick what we like or think looks cool.
    Some people like being as strong as possible and think that’s cool, too. Speaking from my Hunter perspective (night main change, hence why I’m looking at other threads) I like Venthyr and Necrolord pretty equally. The one that takes the lead will be the best all-rounder for multiple types of content.
    For Rogue, none of the aesthetics really appeal to me (I’m not a big fan of the leather armor appearances in the covenants) so I’d pick the one that’s strongest.
    If I played a DK it would be hands down the Necrolords. The theme and ability are so much made for DKs and just seems like a no brainer.

Nope, I know which specs I'll be playing, however, given that we are still in the tuning phase, I can't simply choose a covenant.

And I know, comes the first week of mythic, and I'll probably have to swap covenants anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    There isnt currently enough information out yet.
    Its to important a decision to make on a whim.
    Necrolord because i'm DK

As assassination, the only viable one is Necrolord currently. Kyrian is too unwieldy, and I do outdoor world content too much for Night Fae to not annoy me several dozen times a day. I'd like to go Venthyr for aesthetic reasons, but unless they retune the ability to actually do something for my spec, that's a no-go too.

I do like the Torghast powers that augment the Kyrian ability, but that would just be something fun to tinker with in one small part of the game. Meanwhile, the Necrolord's ability is useful everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    People do realise this is a rogue thread? No one cares what your dk/alts are playing.

I'm annoyed the choice is between necrolord or night fae. Both don't suit rogue. But thier spells are too powerful to ignore
    Welcome to covenants and meaningful choices. Having to choose a shit covenant because Blizzard cant balance shit even though the promised they would. It feels like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    At least the night fae spells seem sort of fun, like the sprint+blink one, and are not just "good because big numbers" like bone spike.

My current plan is to go necrolord then use the free covenant change to switch to something else later once it has been rightfully nerfed to the ground. Because frankly, I expect more from rogue gameplay than just abusing a single comically overpowered dot.

Wait. There is a free Covenant Change?? I thought that causes issues with the covenant that you leave??
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Honestly, I am far away from choosing. I will need to play with them first before even considering what to choose.
    I’ve barely looked at them thus far.

I definitely will be choosing whatever feels best playstyle-wise or something that feels really rewarding to play.
    I will ignore maths completely, and I will not choose the mathematically correct option unless it aligns with how I enjoy the ability and covenant in question.

Because here’s the thing. Maths can change. Me enjoying or not enjoying a class, spec, covenant/spell is not based on maths. I started Legion off as Sub-main and ended it as Ass.
    I started off with having my artifact redesigned after I had invested into getting what they went in to remove. I get that it was broken, but it also proves that I should hold no faith whatsoever that what remains the best mathematical choice in a beta will remain the same two months into the expansion launch.

Therefore, I will pick what I like - and then Blizzard will eventually cave and do a realignment. Like they always do.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2020-09-02 at 01:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Sure have.

Warrior, Shaman, and Druid are going to Maldraxus.
    Demon Hunter, Warlock, and Monk are going with Revendreth.
    Mage, Death Knight, and Rogue will go with Bastion.
    Hunter, Paladin, and Priest will go with Ardenweald.
    Ally Hunter will either go to Maldraxus or Bastion. Not decided.

And not a single fuck is given about which ones are "the best". These are character story choices. ^_^
    I agree about not making up your mind solely on which ability is 1% more powerful, but if you care about actual gameplay I would at least evaluate how enjoyable the abilities are to use before making up your mind.

I went in to beta on my ROGUE with an open mind about which covenant to choose and after testing them out for only 15 minutes could already tell that Kyrian was ANNOYING as hell to use. Not fun. Revendreth obviously was buggy and not balanced well so no way to evaluate it properly yet, Nightfae worked but was underpowered and bad for solo content (forced vanish resets the mobs you are fighting), while the Necrolord Bone Spikes were both fun and powerful feeling. I love Kyrian from a story and aesthetic perspective, but their rogue ability is so unfun I would never subject myself to using that instead of something else. Moment to moment gameplay is important.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Wait. There is a free Covenant Change?? I thought that causes issues with the covenant that you leave??
    Yeah you can't go back easily but you can easily switch as far as I understand

As a paladin I will go with Kyrian. simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    Thanks for letting us know.

Its a rogue thread doe

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    at least your decisions are consistently bad

Necro with Bone Spike is so far ahead as it is not even close.

Also what is up with Sub and Assassination Rogues that are missing Gouge? They should unprune Gouge as it is important for Sub Rogues and I think also fun for Assassination Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Necro with Bone Spike is so far ahead as it is not even close.

Also what is up with Sub and Assassination Rogues that are missing Gouge? They should unprune Gouge as it is important for Sub Rogues and I think also fun for Assassination Rogues.
    Actually slaughter with the conduit is better in ST for sub and even sin if you take blindside. Also note that Bone spike's conduit is really bad, and that Venthyr's soulbinds are also way better than necros.

People are sleeping on slaughter, it trucks for both sin and sub.