Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialle View Post
    With the release of the SL drop date and prepatch hopefully arriving in less than a month please in the replies let me know how BFA helped taint the last 2 years of your lives. (to those people who began in BFA/Legion that are going to tell me if you dont like it dont play, this game has been a part of my life since the 5th grade and I don't like seeing something i love treated so horribly. So if you guys could just go run some more visions to actually make your character perform worse with sockets that would be for the best<3 )

First we have to acknowledge that WONDERFUL launch of BFA. I play on Area 52 myself and let me tell you was I livid that all I could do was watch people literally finishing leveling toons before blizzard implemented a patch at the end of the first and arguably the most nostalgic day of an expansion. I personally love to PvP its what I fell in love with 12 years ago with WoW and it broke my heart watching blizzard literally brush off whatever the community had to say. After the original blizzcon for almost all intents and purposes the devs abandoned PvP and only fixed the issues that made viewing it on twitch for the AWC was a little less mind numbing but not by much. We also cannot forget when they lead players to believe that we would be crowd funding along with blizzard's minimum amount promice to support the AWC and MDI and not just lining blizzards pockets and helping them not have to pay much for either tournament. That move was disgusting and greedy but completely in line with what i've come to expect personally. Im sure those of you reading this probably watch the MDI/AWC so I shouldn't need to discuss the horrible lack of class diversity at the top tier of game play in either "E-sport".

We where told at the end of legion that they ended production early in order to make BFA an A+ expansion but we got..well we got shit and there is no other way to put it. I hope that we aren't being fed the same lie with SL but over the past 5 years im sure we have all learned to take what comes out of their marketing teams mouths with a grain of salt.
    First of all, it was first xpack (except MOP, where I bought it) in my life, I was able to test not even on Beta, but on Alpha. Overall I liked leveling and at some point even thought, that Blizzard learned Legion's lessons, and even wanted to pre-order it. But difficulty jump at 119->120 destroyed all my dreams. Tried to do some WQs. Experience was still horrible. All standard outdoor content design problems were still there. Such as getting from flight master to WQ on a ground through crowds of mobs, that were constantly respawning and were way too hard for my character at that point, so playing such game would be about suffering from exceeding difficulty for several months and I no longer wanted to play game, I don't actually enjoy and where fun is gated beyond several months of suffering. I thought, that I wouldn't bear playing such content in a long term, so I decided to wait till 8.2. Then I returned not long before 8.2. Overall old 8.0-8.1 content was good at that point due to catch ups. For example I liked invasions very much. But when 8.2 arrived... it was horrible again. Overtuned Nazjatar and Mechagon, where whole gameplay was about circling around isle, while waiting for random spawns. I didn't like it, decided to quit again, but prior to that I decided to grind some mounts from Isle Expeditions. From chests of course. They reminded me, that it's bad idea to mess with RNG in this game, as unlucky streak was beyond reasonable limits. At the end I had to wait for proper Isle/Mobs in rotation and got my mount from there, as it refused to drop from 30+ chests (I had to grind second half of them in "real time", sitting 24/7 on that Isles). Yeah, it was fun, cuz this content wasn't that annoying and tedious. I had to just routinely spam them. But whole fact, that RNG is so broken it this game... At the end I decided to return to 8.3 to check, if it brought some improvements. It didn't. Whole design was just mix of Mechagon and Nazjatar + Visions, i.e. some sort of time-limited challenging content, I don't like anyway. So, goodbye BFA. Worst xpack in Wow history for me, as it's the least played one. Even MOP wasn't that bad. And WOD was just great in comparison with it, as I spent 2 years, leveing alts on 3 servers to fill my garrisons. Not due to gold, but just for fun.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2020-09-09 at 05:45 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.