Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If we ever return to Draenor for real, perhaps during a "stop Yrel's lightbound crusade" expansion, I hope to see:

- Farahlon
    - a Shattrath City raid
    - that the sites of both garrisons and their shipyards have become smoking ruins
    - AU Xe'ra as the final boss of the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    with the amount of time people talk about levelling one has to assume people play wow for the levelling experience. once youre max, delete, and start another char.
    For some that's the game. I've always enjoyed the levelling more than the end game. I don't raid. I don't M+. I don't do much of anything really. Levelling provides me with the most gameplay. That's not to say I don't welcome it being quicker in 9.0. It was too much of a grind currently.

honestly I'm not a fan of WoD leveling the whole setting up the garrison kills the experience for me

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i'll be chilling in my garrison during the SL zombie pre patch. i have an auction house there. no, you cannot come chill with me. plague spreader!
    Poor guys stuck in his Garrison. I myself will be living out in the wilds free of the burdens of civilization with my Brutosaur. I have an actual house everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Still don't have flying there, so no thanks.
    You're about to...

As you see by my pfp, I enjoy leveling in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    If we ever return to Draenor for real, perhaps during a "stop Yrel's lightbound crusade" expansion, I hope to see:

- Farahlon
    - a Shattrath City raid
    - that the sites of both garrisons and their shipyards have become smoking ruins
    Here's the thing: If there IS anything Light related, it's probably patch shit. Blizzard cannot hold in a Light expansion on its own. We kinda need the whole Light Vs Shadow thing, going on. And with Ill'gynoth's whispers (Implying BOTH), the Void Invasion across Shadowlands, Blizzard hinting that the Void Lords are pissed at us and that in SL we'll see something crazy in regards to the Void, the Light AND Shadow stuff in SL (Like the captured Naaru, the mentions of the Void Lords for the first time in game, etc), the Scarlet Crusade, the Infinite Dragonflight, Blizzard hinting at Sargeras' return, etc, yeah...

10.0 is 100% Light and Shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

Reminder: Legion wasn't all just Fel. It was Order and Disorder. SL is Life and Death. 10.0 (Or something like that) is probably Light and Shadow. With Scarlet Crusade dungeons/questlines, and a potential Yrel raid.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I for one likely won’t set foot in wod ever again to level. Outside of shadow moon I’m not a fan of any of zones and if I was going for speed I’d just do the 3 bfa zones which are super fast.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It just occurred to me that the leveling and professions changes are going to mean that Warlords Of Draenor is going to be the default place to level alts, for a couple of reasons:

1. Draenor Treasures are an extremely fast way to level, and pathfinder requirement is being removed, meaning that everyone will be able to fly in Draenor, and therefore level by picking treasures

2. Relics of the past are going to make all old-world crafting reagents valuable again, which means that Garrison welfare mats will be valuable. Which will mean that it's going to be well worth building a Garrison on all your alts, and equipping that Garrison with a trading post.

So who else is excited about spending more time in your Garrison in Shadowlands? I know I'm sure not!
    Eh, I thought this too but it's very likely that Blizzard nurfs the exp of the bonus objectives and treasures. They already took away heirloom bonuses and replaced them with garbage, doubt the WoD Bonus objectives and treasures are spared.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It just occurred to me that the leveling and professions changes are going to mean that Warlords Of Draenor is going to be the default place to level alts, for a couple of reasons:

1. Draenor Treasures are an extremely fast way to level, and pathfinder requirement is being removed, meaning that everyone will be able to fly in Draenor, and therefore level by picking treasures

2. Relics of the past are going to make all old-world crafting reagents valuable again, which means that Garrison welfare mats will be valuable. Which will mean that it's going to be well worth building a Garrison on all your alts, and equipping that Garrison with a trading post.

So who else is excited about spending more time in your Garrison in Shadowlands? I know I'm sure not!
    You won't see me or anyone I know doing that. WoD leveling was fun the first few times in the zones, but the dungeons are few and far between. So, on balance, WoD is average at best...and if you've leveled more than a few toons, even the WoD leveling wears on you.

I suspect most people will level in expansions that they spent the least time on. Due to the plethora of dungeons, I'm much more likely to spend my time in BC or Wrath leveling any new toons.

So I tested WoD on the Beta with a level 44 (now, 109 before) DH.
    A treasure gave 1500 XP, XP needed for next level was 106000. So like 1.2%ish of a level per. Not great, but it amounts to like 4-5 mob kills.

Any expansion with bonus objectives will be the fastest way to level, are you able to change your choice once you pick though? could you just do the bonus objectives of one expansion and then switch to another? I REALLY hope you are not locked into that choice or it would be bad.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post

- Farahlon
    - a Shattrath City raid
    My thoughts; have AU Draenor as raid in the bad light expansion where in the end we redo Nezhuls ritual and destroy it

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally planning to level my alts through Northrend or Pandaria. I have no intentions of approaching Draenor with a 100-yard pole once I'm done grinding Laughing Skull rep for the mask for my Mag'har.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

WoD had 1 major content patch.
    Legion and BfA had 5 (including .5 patches, which were still bigger than WoD's fixes).

Legion and BfA would have really killed WoW entirely if those expansions only have the base game + ONE content patch.
    Like, imagine Legion without ToS or Argus or the Broken Shore, mage tower and the like.
    Imagine BfA without BoD, EP or Nyalotha and their respective content, BUT with azerite and endless AP grinding.

Really makes you question, was WoD THAT bad or it just didn't receive enough content?
    And... was Legion THAT good or just got enought content we didn't even realize it's flaws?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Any expansion with bonus objectives will be the fastest way to level, are you able to change your choice once you pick though? could you just do the bonus objectives of one expansion and then switch to another? I REALLY hope you are not locked into that choice or it would be bad.
    You can change your choice freely. So if you have preferred zones each expack you can hop around as far as i can tell.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

The differnec eshouldn't be that big now that leveling got revamped.

I'll probably do a mix of BC/WotLK/Cataclysm and skip WoD, MoP and Legion

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Imagine thinking that needing to level fast is a genuine concern for 99% of players and that People actually give that much of a fuck.

Imagine also making a thread about it to cry about an absolute non-issue

Leveling my AR characters will be through Outland, Northrend or Pandaria, I didn't mind leveling in WoD, but not enough to continually go back now that it can be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    You can change your choice freely. So if you have preferred zones each expack you can hop around as far as i can tell.
    Sick! That will make leveling really fast, especially with all the pathfinders opening up for free.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal