Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadowlands will see everyone back in Draenor

It just occurred to me that the leveling and professions changes are going to mean that Warlords Of Draenor is going to be the default place to level alts, for a couple of reasons:

1. Draenor Treasures are an extremely fast way to level, and pathfinder requirement is being removed, meaning that everyone will be able to fly in Draenor, and therefore level by picking treasures

2. Relics of the past are going to make all old-world crafting reagents valuable again, which means that Garrison welfare mats will be valuable. Which will mean that it's going to be well worth building a Garrison on all your alts, and equipping that Garrison with a trading post.

So who else is excited about spending more time in your Garrison in Shadowlands? I know I'm sure not!

Say whatever you want about WoD, but I really enoyed leveling back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed leveling. End game was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It just occurred to me that the leveling and professions changes are going to mean that Warlords Of Draenor is going to be the default place to level alts, for a couple of reasons:

1. Draenor Treasures are an extremely fast way to level, and pathfinder requirement is being removed, meaning that everyone will be able to fly in Draenor, and therefore level by picking treasures

2. Relics of the past are going to make all old-world crafting reagents valuable again, which means that Garrison welfare mats will be valuable. Which will mean that it's going to be well worth building a Garrison on all your alts, and equipping that Garrison with a trading post.

So who else is excited about spending more time in your Garrison in Shadowlands? I know I'm sure not!
    unles they nerf treasure xp to ground (dont realy know how it looks on ptr now) it might be fastest, but i hope they do, q in draenor were great, it would be shame to miss them to save couple hours

Draenor Treasures are an extremely fast way to level, and pathfinder requirement is being removed, meaning that everyone will be able to fly in Draenor, and therefore level by picking treasures
    AFAIK that was streamlined by Blizzard as part of the new leveling experience a while ago on the Beta. Those changes should be live on PTR and would make it pretty easy to corraborate.

with the amount of time people talk about levelling one has to assume people play wow for the levelling experience. once youre max, delete, and start another char.

You failed so hard with this attempt because the leveling experience in WoD was really good.

And if you have alts that are in draenor and capable of establishing a garrison they are already pretty high level .. post makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    unles they nerf treasure xp to ground (dont realy know how it looks on ptr now) it might be fastest, but i hope they do, q in draenor were great, it would be shame to miss them to save couple hours
    The thing is you're going to want to do the main questline anyway since if professions stay the way they are currently now on PTR, your Garrison will be a huge source of gold throughout the expansion. And you need to do a fair percentage of the questline to get a fully functioning garrison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    You failed so hard with this attempt because the leveling experience in WoD was really good.

And if you have alts that are in draenor and capable of establishing a garrison they are already pretty high level .. post makes no sense.
    Attempt at what?

The only thing I'm attempting here is to point out that profession changes make Draenor the default choice for leveling alts because of garrisons and treasures.

The thing is you're going to want to do the main questline anyway since if professions stay the way they are currently now on PTR, your Garrison will be a huge source of gold throughout the expansion. And you need to do a fair percentage of the questline to get a fully functioning garrison.
    eeeh... not realy, you need to do q line in Arak for scrapyard, and thats it afaik, all other blueprints you will get by improving garison, which you only need to be high level to do, + q IN garison for garden/mine...

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Attempt at what?

The only thing I'm attempting here is to point out that profession changes make Draenor the default choice for leveling alts because of garrisons and treasures.
    Iirc they nerfed Draenor treasures' xp on the Beta already.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Iirc they nerfed Draenor treasures' xp on the Beta already.
    even with that nerf levelling in WoD is still the best way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still don't have flying there, so no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Still don't have flying there, so no thanks.
    Well good news, you now can. Theres no requirement.

You still won't get flying until your character is at the appropriate level so removing pathfinder really only helps for the second half.

Honestly I have a few alts (mostly allied races) I want to level but I plan on taking each one through a different expansion to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wod really shines by its non-wow environments; mop was the last expansion with the wow essence (the one you see in classic with this color palette you can recognize between hundreds). starting with wod, they probably hired some new world designers and it shows. it really looks like any random f2p mmorpg. but one of the best. still drastically different

looking forward to level in bc/wotlk/mop

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling was fine in Warlords. Perhaps you should just stay the fuck away from your garrison if it bothers you so much. You don't need it to level.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

i'll be chilling in my garrison during the SL zombie pre patch. i have an auction house there. no, you cannot come chill with me. plague spreader!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Treasures afaik were already nerfed and you can't fly in draenor while leveling, at least until halfway through it, as it is now bound to level.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Treasures afaik were already nerfed and you can't fly in draenor while leveling, at least until halfway through it, as it is now bound to level.
    AFAIK You get flying at level 30 in Shadowlands, which means you could just quest until then and pick treasures afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Leveling was fine in Warlords. Perhaps you should just stay the fuck away from your garrison if it bothers you so much. You don't need it to level.
    It's not so much needing it to level that bothers me, it's the thought that we may well need to be using it throughout the entire expansion to maximise gold due to the economic impacts of "Relics Of The Past".

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Say whatever you want about WoD, but I really enoyed leveling back then.
    Same, loved leveling in WoD zones because it was over in 1 hour. Xp pots ftw!