Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If not WoD, then something else. I can bet there will be commonly accepted optimal way to level and it will promote one expansion over the other, same as there always have been zones that were faster to level through.

People who only care to level asap will follow it, everyone else will enjoy their own journey.

WoD had best leveling experience..How I miss it..

5+ Year Old Account
    WoD was for me a magical experience in a High Fantasy world with a small science fiction flavor.
    The area's are very well done, each with a unique off worldy theme.
    Draenor gave us another look through the dark portal.

Like I said in other threads, they can make a 3rd faction out of Draenor.
    Ogres, Botani, Apexis, Botani, each with their own unique architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Just remember you can't fly 1-30, though. There may be some exceptions. I had a 63, could fly, turned into a 25 on PTR, could still fly, but that was the exception, not the rule.

Also, the 'Cata' timeline includes the Vanilla zones, because the Cata zones aren't available till 30, because of flying.
    So what you are saying is in the next 2 weeks if I get a few chars to 60, buy flying and park them I will be set? good to know lol. I have a feeling Pre-Patch is no more than 2 weeks away.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Say whatever you want about WoD, but I really enoyed leveling back then.
    Same, WoD's SMV is one of my favorite zones in the game. To this day I actually look forward to hitting 90 so I can get started on it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It just occurred to me that the leveling and professions changes are going to mean that Warlords Of Draenor is going to be the default place to level alts, for a couple of reasons:

1. Draenor Treasures are an extremely fast way to level, and pathfinder requirement is being removed, meaning that everyone will be able to fly in Draenor, and therefore level by picking treasures

2. Relics of the past are going to make all old-world crafting reagents valuable again, which means that Garrison welfare mats will be valuable. Which will mean that it's going to be well worth building a Garrison on all your alts, and equipping that Garrison with a trading post.

So who else is excited about spending more time in your Garrison in Shadowlands? I know I'm sure not!
    I for one am looking forward to it i always enjoy going to draenor to see my very nice looking yrel i shall always protect her... best female lore character in game.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

This makes me wonder.. how is leveling in, say, Cataclysm as an expansion when the expansion is built with flying in mind but you don't get it until you level up a bit first?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved first month of WoD including leveling. In-game cinematics were top-quality, questing was fun.
    But i always skipped it later because no flying.
    On pre-patch gonna level the shit ton of alts here. Does pathfinder expire there on pre-patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Say whatever you want about WoD, but I really enoyed leveling back then.
    Same here. I prefer it to everything that's followed it, including Shadowlands. Legion/BfA/SL leveling isn't bad at all, but WoD leveling (especially as Horde) is really fun to go through at a decent pace.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    If we ever return to Draenor for real, perhaps during a "stop Yrel's lightbound crusade" expansion, I hope to see:

- Farahlon
    - a Shattrath City raid
    - that the sites of both garrisons and their shipyards have become smoking ruins
    - AU Xe'ra as the final boss of the expansion
    I think they wont reuse Draenor, but rather introduce Ka'aresh (and one-two others planet) to explore in Light-Shadow expansion.

Hopefully the experience from the chest has been nerfed enough to make it that people will actually quest there. Despite the flaws of the expansion, the levelling was pretty damn good. Looking forward to re-levelling through all the xpacs .

I intend to level most new characters through WotLK, though I don't suspect I'll be doing many new levels from here on. I do plan to level at least one new fresh level 1 just to experience it, but I've got every class capped in either Legion or BFA range and don't really get the whole leveling multiples of the same class thing.

WoD leveling was fine, I'll probably take all my Orc characters there for the theme, and even take advantage of mining/herbing daily for some relaxed, slow leveling on weeknights when I don't feel like questing.

WoD was in my opinion the weakest expansion of all time, simply because of the small amount of content we got at launch and through patches. However the leveling experience is to this day still by far the best... like the zones in Legion and BfA may be overall better and the lore there might be better, however they're all very linear and every playthrough feels the same, because you kinda have to do most of the zones and most of the same content anyways. In WoD however you can do the standard leveling (where you also have a choice of 2 "paths" in every zone) or completely skip it and just do side quests and/or bonus objectives. If you really want it, you can make it so that every playthrough through WoD feels different.

I don't really see the relics of the past being that useful / in demand after the prepatch. During the prepatch yes but after? Once every one is 60 who really cares about crafting lvl 50 stuff.

Edit: I didn't know about the vendor price scaling being weird before posting this but I can see blizzard fixing this.
    Last edited by Donovan4893; 2020-08-31 at 07:35 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Still don't have flying there, so no thanks.
    OP literally states in the first post how flying is automatic there now.

You could put in the minimum amount of effort before spouting your nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved leveling in WoD, so that aspect shouldn't be a big deal.

I don't want to be pressured to hang out in the garrisons all over again, however, but alas, you might be onto something there.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Too lazy to check, but if it hasn't been said already, they already confirmed that they're drastically nerfing the xp from treasures.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.