Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    there is clearly more meaningful content in Shadowlands than there was in WoD...
    I mean if the reward is always a pet or a mount then I do not see much of a difference there, but please enlighten me as to what I am missing here

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I mean if the reward is always a pet or a mount then I do not see much of a difference there, but please enlighten me as to what I am missing here
    Oh you know...Torghast...the entire World Quest system...literally everything that isnt a garrison or raid.

Like. Dont get me wrong man. I see the similarities, and I am the last person you ll see defend whatever the fuck they did to the systems in this game since Legion but you are reaching more than a Giraffe here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Still, legion had tons of other stuff open on day 1 that incentivised quick leveling of your chars to get started on that artifact knowledge levling. So it would not be unprecedented if weeklys were active on launch day.
    That's akin to getting access to emissaries and WQs now, which we will.

legendaries and therefore Torghast? conduits with their multiple ranks? weekly chest with up to 9 item choices?

There is plenty of content in the game to fill the first few months with stuff to do. We don't need AP grind to keep us playing all day every day. That's not a healthy way to look at the game.

well it looks like you will need to do literally 15 15s

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    well it looks like you will need to do literally 15 15s
    you don't. Neither do you need those extra choices in your chest, it's a bonus not mandatory, nor do you need to do 15 of them since it's already been reduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "there is no flight whistle and getting to a WQ and then to the next is such a chore that it will not be worth doing for a lot of people." They removed it cause of the Covenant Transport stuff. Honestly, if you're that lazy to just go from 1 area to the next, then WoW ain't for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, there is a LOT of choice in SL. The only things that kinda suck rn are:

1. The Maw being kinda empty (May get filled more throughout the Expansion)

2. Covenant Abilities and their Balancing (But, considering I'm Ret and Venthyr's lookin' nice, I'm good. Wanna do some Dark Souls shit. High chance they'll nerf Ardenweald anyway lol).

And 3. Class Design. For example: Ret is amazing in PVE (Especially with the Venthyr/Necrolord abilities, and maybe the Night Fae one? (Night Fae could be good for providing buffs to healers and tanks in raids). Kyrian kinda sucks despite it being fun), but it's still absolutely dogshit in PVP thanks to no Mobility, 1 CC move, etc (Savix made a video about it).

Also hope PVP scaling gets BTFO'd, but that's just me. Glad PVP Vendors are back though.
    Blizz is obsessed with ret being a wheelchair, that is literally intentional design despite how awful it feels in pvp, its not changing unfortunately. I believe the same case with DK , though I have no idea what they getting in SL if anything different. At least they have grip which is infinitely better than steed which by the way to my knowledge still does not immune roots or anything so it requires freedom as well and 2 GCDs. Lol fucking mongoloid troll design.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    They removed it cause of the Covenant Transport stuff. Honestly, if you're that lazy to just go from 1 area to the next, then WoW ain't for you.
    The Covenant transport stuff only works in 1 out of 4 zones? And not wanting to deal with tedium and boring journey from point A to point B every 5 minutes has nothing to do with being lazy or not.
    I don't expect this to be to everyone's liking and so does Blizz which is why they made the reward structure the way it is (not tied to player power).

Quote Originally Posted by avahle View Post
    The Covenant transport stuff only works in 1 out of 4 zones? And not wanting to deal with tedium and boring journey from point A to point B every 5 minutes has nothing to do with being lazy or not.
    I don't expect this to be to everyone's liking and so does Blizz which is why they made the reward structure the way it is (not tied to player power).
    If you cannot abide traveling the world like how MMO's should be, then that's just clearly laziness. Simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not trying to de-rail the thread but have a stupid question. Once you go to Shadowlands can you get back to Azeroth or are you stuck? I mean...like what if I accidently dropped my tuna sammich at the AH in Org and I want to go get it because I'm hungry.

Nothing of that progresses your character. We had the same concept in WoD (- M+) and we already know it equals "nothing to do". I am not making this up, we literally already had the exact same setup and everybody was bored AF.
    You improve your skills as a player, isn't that similar to character power?

I will never see world quests for AP as a great thing to do for my char. I will always consider that a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    you don't. Neither do you need those extra choices in your chest, it's a bonus not mandatory, nor do you need to do 15 of them since it's already been reduced.
    there is no such thing as ''bonus'',if something gives you an increased chance to progress,it is mandatory if you are anything above lfr hero

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    I’ve seen that there aren’t many wqs out there
    There were already quite a bit fewer in BFA compared to Legion, are they cutting it down again?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    There were already quite a bit fewer in BFA compared to Legion, are they cutting it down again?
    The WQ in SL take longer and they don't contribute to character power so that's a huge positive thing.

Quote Originally Posted by glszino View Post
    The WQ in SL take longer and they don't contribute to character power so that's a huge positive thing.
    I guess I'm dumb, but how does WQ's taking longer to finish lead it to be a positive thing?
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    I guess I'm dumb, but how does WQ's taking longer to finish lead it to be a positive thing?
    They don't contribute to character power so they are not mandatory. If you don't care about your sanctum upgrades (which doesn't contribute to character power itself), you don't have to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    A question, what specificaly for eu players should be our goal on day one (we got 1 day be4 weekly reset).

Im guessing unlocking thorgast and progress far enough to get the material cap?
    8/8 M+0 dungs for gear.

Anything else on the checklist to do be4 wedensday reset?
    So you are planning to level and complete 8 M0's in like 8 hours.

Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    So you are planning to level and complete 8 M0's in like 8 hours.

Good luck with that.
    8 hours? The game is released at midnight on Tuesday so that's 24h + a few hours on Wednesday morning before the maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    there is no such thing as ''bonus'',if something gives you an increased chance to progress,it is mandatory if you are anything above lfr hero
    Have fun getting burned out because you lack any amount of self control then.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    That's really nice.

I liked horrific visions, but after doing it about 20 times it becomes a slog. Also it feels bad doing it on a fresh alt. Let's hope Thorgast is more fun to replay.
    I agree. I've done countless 5-masks and every week I dread it now. I know it's still beta but every Thorghast run I do, I'm so excited for it. Doing it with your guildies is even better. My hope is that Thorghast will be constantly updated with new floor types every content patch. It's the most fun I've had in WoW in a VERY long time and I've played since vanilla. I want it to stay fresh through all of SL.