Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Have fun getting burned out because you lack any amount of self control then.
    dont get me wrong,its rly shity situation,but its a fact,you rly think people serious about progress,just go ''woopdy fucking do....screw all that'',no...they farm 50 maw of souls every day for weeks on end for the tiniest % increase,this isnt a player issue,this is blizzards complete disconnect from the playerbase,the first tier of legion when down like a classic raid because they completly underestimated how far players will go,they need to adress these issues because players will take advantage of every ounce of it

this just like the flying argument...dont like flying mounts dont use em DERP...doesnt work,pandoras box,its on blizzard to make these things reasonable,but they never will,because they care about the money more than the health or ''vomits in mouth'' fun of their players

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    there is no such thing as ''bonus'',if something gives you an increased chance to progress,it is mandatory if you are anything above lfr hero
    It's in the eye of the beholder? What's mandatory to one person will not be mandatory to the other, as regardless of you complete all 9 objectives for your weekly Vault reward, you're still only getting one piece of loot. Baseline is still what we have in BfA: do at least one M+, you get loot based upon the highest key you did (argument can be made if you did PvP as well, you're losing loot over BfA). The structure itself rewards you with options for doing content you want to do, as the amount of loot you get will not change if you want to do the bare minimum or go hardcore. If you feel more options are mandatory, go nuts, but several of the options will open naturally based upon the content you're typically doing.

Something else about the weekly Vault that should be kept in mind is this: it's solidifies raiding as the de facto method of gearing up. PvP has it's own separate gearing system, but it's still not all implemented, so I'm leaving it out of the discussion for now. Since you cannot get end-of-run loot that scales with your key level in SL, spam-running keys isn't going to get you better-than-heroic loot in a week... which certainly felt mandatory and is likely more degenerate gameplay than people would like to admit. Raiding should return to being the fastest way to gear up, as it should since it requires more time/effort/management/organizing than running keys (especially at the level of keys that were rewarding almost mythic level gear). Weekly Vault still allows M+ to be a viable end-game progression, but you're going to have to put in the time and effort to unlock all those extra options. Even without those options and just doing one M+, that's still ridiculously easy loot considering the ilvl of it.

At the start of the season, one loot option honestly will be enough for most people. Why? Because it's automatically going to be an upgrade for almost everyone, as it will likely be for the next couple of weeks. Once your gear starts filling out, that's when having extra options might be more attractive. However, the counter-balance is as you progress in your preferred content, you'll naturally be opening up extra options at a higher ilvl anyways, compounded with you not needing as many gear upgrades due to natural gear acquisition over time (if you raid or PvP). So at that point, the only purpose of the extra loot opens from the Vault are for hardcore min/maxing.

And let's be honest: if you are a hardcore min/maxer, you were going to do the bare minimum required to open all these options anyways if the loot system still worked as it does in BfA. In some respects, the newer system is actually a breath of fresh air for min/maxers as there's less work in the longer term that potentially needs to be done from a "mandatory" standpoint. The new weekly Vault is actually an upgrade for almost everyone regardless of how casual or hardcore you may be. If all you do is M+, this will feel like a downgrade, maybe even feel like you need to unlock all the options when you view things from BfA standards... but BfA standards for M+ end-of-run loot were way out of whack and needed to be nerfed. Here's hoping the currency requirements for PvP will be capped to some degree to avoid similar degenerate gameplay, maybe this upcoming build will have more systems in place.

The real important thing is this, regardless of whether you think these Vault goals are mandatory or not: there are clear, finite goals you can work towards and be done. This is huge shift from previous end-game systems, where there's an endless grind and you never feel like you're done. Once you reach a hard cap for the activity, you're done for the week and can focus on other activities if you so choose. Keep in mind that last row for each type of activity is only meant for people whose primary content is that specific row, and you could probably unlock more loot options easier/faster completing other activity goals than going for the last option in each row.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    If you cannot abide traveling the world like how MMO's should be, then that's just clearly laziness. Simple.
    I will take being lazy and having fun then. I am glad Blizz is letting me do that.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    If you cannot abide traveling the world like how MMO's should be, then that's just clearly laziness. Simple.
    Not sure if you've noticed but mmos are a dying genre. A large part of the reason is the insistence on sticking to "how MMOs should be" most of the userbase is no longer in college and doesn't have unlimited time to waste they also aren't getting new players because those are getting snapped up by games with 30 minutes or less experiences which is what M+ could/should have been but all the outside stuff you have to do hurts that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by avahle View Post
    I will take being lazy and having fun then. I am glad Blizz is letting me do that.
    They really aren't though they are still whining about flight and now they removed the flight whistle that was supposed to make no flight tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Not trying to de-rail the thread but have a stupid question. Once you go to Shadowlands can you get back to Azeroth or are you stuck? I mean...like what if I accidently dropped my tuna sammich at the AH in Org and I want to go get it because I'm hungry.
    You get a portal after you do the introductory questline and unlock the main city that lets you go back and forth like any other expansion.

When you look at this as chores you should maybe find another hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by glszino View Post
    The WQ in SL take longer and they don't contribute to character power so that's a huge positive thing.
    So more content for people to write off as "not real content" because it doesn't contribute to character power. I can already hear the rabble revving up their "SL is WoD 2.0 where's the content raid or die" loudspeakers.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will do Callings, which are varied emissaries and you will grind Anima for covenant upgrades and table missions (basically War Resources).

Callings are: 4 WQs, 5 of some special zone resource (which you get from rares, chests and dungeons), Free for all fill the bar - do stuff in zone until you hit 100%.

On top of that there will be 2 weekly quests for renown and a chapter of covenant campaign to do, there are about 9 chapters. You will also want to do 2 Torghast runs for soul ash for legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    A question, what specificaly for eu players should be our goal on day one (we got 1 day be4 weekly reset).

Im guessing unlocking thorgast and progress far enough to get the material cap?
    8/8 M+0 dungs for gear.

Anything else on the checklist to do be4 wedensday reset?
    There is no reset in EU the day after the launch. Only the week after.

dont get me wrong,its rly shity situation,but its a fact,you rly think people serious about progress,just go ''woopdy fucking do....screw all that'',no...they farm 50 maw of souls every day for weeks on end for the tiniest % increase,this isnt a player issue,this is blizzards complete disconnect from the playerbase,the first tier of legion when down like a classic raid because they completly underestimated how far players will go,they need to adress these issues because players will take advantage of every ounce of it

this just like the flying argument...dont like flying mounts dont use em DERP...doesnt work,pandoras box,its on blizzard to make these things reasonable,but they never will,because they care about the money more than the health or ''vomits in mouth'' fun of their players
    No, it quite literally is a player issue.

No, it quite literally is a player issue.
    ok keep lfr heroing buddy youll do just fine

8 hours? The game is released at midnight on Tuesday so that's 24h + a few hours on Wednesday morning before the maintenance.
    You sir are correct.

ok keep lfr heroing buddy youll do just fine
    man, you must be really shit at the game if you think you can't do anything better than LFR if you don't squeeze out every possible power upgrade in the game. I guess I won't be able to do heroic raids in pugs this time because I only get 1-2 item choices from M+ instead of 3. LFR it is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    A question, what specificaly for eu players should be our goal on day one (we got 1 day be4 weekly reset).

Im guessing unlocking thorgast and progress far enough to get the material cap?
    8/8 M+0 dungs for gear.

Anything else on the checklist to do be4 wedensday reset?
    Thorgast for 100 Ash and the two weekly Renown quests if available because the Soulbinds are tied to the renown level.
    And most probably the covenant quests because they give also renown.
    If M0 is open you can also run them, or at least the HC version.

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    I’ve seen that there aren’t many wqs out there
    I honestly welcome that. I am so burned out of WQs...

man, you must be really shit at the game if you think you can't do anything better than LFR if you don't squeeze out every possible power upgrade in the game. I guess I won't be able to do heroic raids in pugs this time because I only get 1-2 item choices from M+ instead of 3. LFR it is for me.
    I didnt say that,and its not like that,i spoke out of frustration because you just dismised a very real issue just like that,blizzard needs to protect players from themselves when it comes to things like this

8 hours? The game is released at midnight on Tuesday so that's 24h + a few hours on Wednesday morning before the maintenance.
    Chances are they will lock M0 for EU players

I didnt say that,and its not like that,i spoke out of frustration because you just dismised a very real issue just like that,blizzard needs to protect players from themselves when it comes to things like this
    I would agree with you when it's about significant power upgrades. For example, the AP grind in 7.0. That was absolutely ridiculous because Blizzard slapped on a "+1% dmg" stat on your artifact weapon which could stack up to 25 or 35 times? Don't remember the actual number anymore. People pretty much exploited an unintended way of farming a ton of AP in a short amount of time and it was Blizzard's fault and they fixed it by changing the reward structure of M+ dungeons and never giving such a strong power upgrade at the end of AP grinds again.

This here, though, are CHOICES. It really doesn't matter that much if you get 4 or 5 item CHOICES from the weekly chest. It truly is not a Blizzard problem. If you think that getting more CHOICES is not a bonus but mandatory, then it's a YOU problem.

I would agree with you when it's about significant power upgrades. For example, the AP grind in 7.0. That was absolutely ridiculous because Blizzard slapped on a "+1% dmg" stat on your artifact weapon which could stack up to 25 or 35 times? Don't remember the actual number anymore. People pretty much exploited an unintended way of farming a ton of AP in a short amount of time and it was Blizzard's fault and they fixed it by changing the reward structure of M+ dungeons and never giving such a strong power upgrade at the end of AP grinds again.

This here, though, are CHOICES. It really doesn't matter that much if you get 4 or 5 item CHOICES from the weekly chest. It truly is not a Blizzard problem. If you think that getting more CHOICES is not a bonus but mandatory, then it's a YOU problem.
    uhm,it is likely i completly misunderstood how this will work lol,so you dont get extra items?you just get to pick...slots?so if i rly need feet this week,it doesnt matter if i have 3 or 4 choices?or is it related to the stats?>

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    So you are planning to level and complete 8 M0's in like 8 hours.

Good luck with that.
    eu usually has around 30hours be4 reset. and im assuming that blizzards retarded map showing 12:00 AM in europe is actually 00:00 like its been all other expansions since forever.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.