Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    uhm,it is likely i completly misunderstood how this will work lol,so you dont get extra items?you just get to pick...slots?so if i rly need feet this week,it doesnt matter if i have 3 or 4 choices?or is it related to the stats?>
    you get one item per week, just like in BfA (edit: well in BfA you get two items because of the PvP chest). If you do everything you can do, the game will present you with
    - 3 random items from the raid
    - 3 random items from dungeons
    - 3 random pvp items

And from those 9 random items that are presented to you, you pick one. If there is nothing you like, then you can take the "I'd rather take some meaningful currency instead" option. What you can buy with that currency, I don't know.

If you really need new boots, then you can grind more M+ dungeons for a higher CHANCE of getting boots presented to you. That's all it is.
    Last edited by Wuusah; 2020-09-02 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    you get one item per week, just like in BfA. If you do everything you can do, the game will present you with
    - 3 random items from the raid
    - 3 random items from dungeons
    - 3 random pvp items

And from those 9 random items that are presented to you, you pick one. If there is nothing you like, then you can take the "I'd rather take some meaningful currency instead" option. What you can buy with that currency, I don't know.

If you really need new boots, then you can grind more M+ dungeons for a higher CHANCE of getting boots presented to you. That's all it is.
    I see,thanks,still...by what you are saying it still feels like you will be forced to do pvp to get the best posible chance...atleast if they would have introduced resilience back it wouldnt be an issue...idk,the change is good for sure,but still has a kink

I see,thanks,still...by what you are saying it still feels like you will be forced to do pvp to get the best posible chance...atleast if they would have introduced resilience back it wouldnt be an issue...idk,the change is good for sure,but still has a kink
    Honestly, this change rather kills PvP for a lot of people instead of making PvP mandatory for everyone. Most people are not going to reach 2.4k rating to get the best itemlevel from pvp. Now that you don't get a second separate item from pvp anymore, for many people it's just not worth doing pvp at all anymore.

edit: think about it. Would you do PvP in BfA if the weekly chest made you choose between a 475 item or a 460 pvp item?

Yes and they force PvP players to run dungeons/raids. Comeon, cut the crap. This change is perfect! There will still be eng involved but much much less.

Honestly, this change rather kills PvP for a lot of people instead of making PvP mandatory for everyone. Most people are not going to reach 2.4k rating to get the best itemlevel from pvp. Now that you don't get a second separate item from pvp anymore, for many people it's just not worth doing pvp at all anymore.

edit: think about it. Would you do PvP in BfA if the weekly chest made you choose between a 475 item or a 460 pvp item?
    well it hasnt been worth doing just pvp for pvp gear for a long time now...but its not like it kills pvp for people who just wanna pvp,like i said...i wish they would just go back to wrath/cata days,pvp stats and pvp vendors,yeah now its easier to get in to pvp from pve and vice versa but as usual blizzard trying to fix one thing they ''think'' is a problem...only to end up creating multiple REAL problems /facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Norianlol View Post
    Yes and they force PvP players to run dungeons/raids. Comeon, cut the crap. This change is perfect! There will still be eng involved but much much less.
    well,im not talking about rng,this isnt about rng,its about feeling forced to do something you dont want to be better at what you want,i agree,its crap for pvp players most of all

well it hasnt been worth doing just pvp for pvp gear for a long time now...but its not like it kills pvp for people who just wanna pvp,like i said...i wish they would just go back to wrath/cata days,pvp stats and pvp vendors,yeah now its easier to get in to pvp from pve and vice versa but as usual blizzard trying to fix one thing they ''think'' is a problem...only to end up creating multiple REAL problems /facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

well,im not talking about rng,this isnt about rng,its about feeling forced to do something you dont want to be better at what you want,i agree,its crap for pvp players most of all
    that's what I'm saying. PvE players won't feel forced to do PvP because they won't have the rating anyway. It's way easier to do a Mythic+10/15 and get your max ilvl item from there than it is to reach 2.4k rating.
    PvP players on the other side will be forced to do a ton of PvE to get gear, because again it's way easier to do M+ than to get rating.

It's a very similar situation that we had in BfA, except that in Shadowlands it looks like mediocre PvP players will get even less items from PvP. PvP will completely turn into a "mini-game on the side for PvE players". PvP is in a really bad state right now and Blizzard doesn't care. They haven't even made a "Shadowlands Beta PvP Feedback" forum. They literally don't give a fuck about PvP.

that's what I'm saying. PvE players won't feel forced to do PvP because they won't have the rating anyway. It's way easier to do a Mythic+10/15 and get your max ilvl item from there than it is to reach 2.4k rating.
    PvP players on the other side will be forced to do a ton of PvE to get gear, because again it's way easier to do M+ than to get rating.

It's a very similar situation that we had in BfA, except that in Shadowlands it looks like mediocre PvP players will get even less items from PvP. PvP will completely turn into a "mini-game on the side for PvE players". PvP is in a really bad state right now and Blizzard doesn't care. They haven't even made a "Shadowlands Beta PvP Feedback" forum. They literally don't give a fuck about PvP.
    wow its gotten that bad?2.4k?damn...before u needed 2k for all your armor and 2.2 for the wep....idk its also me who has changed,in wrath i enjoyed doing both,had all icc25hc gear and the 2.2k rating items,granted icc was much easier than mythic today,but i just dont have time to push high rating and its not as fun as it used to be....i got 2.3k in 3's in lk as holy pala(me) shadow priest and lock,it wasnt some top tier setup,but it was fun,we all had dispels,and we were all humans with the best icc trinkets,i remember this one time my partners literaly globaled a full resilience gladiator resto druid

Quote Originally Posted by glszino View Post
    You improve your skills as a player, isn't that similar to character power?

I will never see world quests for AP as a great thing to do for my char. I will always consider that a chore.
    No, its not. Again, we had this issue with WoD. We even had Dungeon Challenge Modes there, which were harder than the average m+, because you could not outscale them. Rewards were unique transmog items and teleportation spells that still work today that can teleport you to the dungeons. That's actually pretty solid non-power rewards. People did not care however, basically nobody played CMs.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough and the 500 mount or 800 pet or 400 toy with a 4h CD only usable in zone XY is also not enough.

I am not only talking about Dailies btw, the same is true for every content.

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    There is no reset in EU the day after the launch. Only the week after.
    I mean, technically there is a reset, it's just that no SL weekly stuff are up on Tuesday. They only become available after said reset.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    No, its not. Again, we had this issue with WoD. We even had Dungeon Challenge Modes there, which were harder than the average m+, because you could not outscale them. Rewards were unique transmog items and teleportation spells that still work today that can teleport you to the dungeons. That's actually pretty solid non-power rewards. People did not care however, basically nobody played CMs.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough and the 500 mount or 800 pet or 400 toy with a 4h CD only usable in zone XY is also not enough.

I am not only talking about Dailies btw, the same is true for every content.
    Actually a lot of people did the CMs in WoD BUUUUT(!) you only had to do them once and you'd get all weapons for all types.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    My suggestion - given it is a game, is to ensure you have fun for the first week or two, because after that it looks like you'll be treating it like a job.
    i can't remember the last time i had fun in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Actually gearing sounds way better in SL compared to BfA.

1) We're not forced to do M+ chest if we're high enough rating to get items from PvP (I still hope they'll lower rating requirements for each tier compared to BfA since it's probably harder to get 2.4k gear than even mythic raiding gear and a lot harder than +15 chest)

2) We will get some kind of currency to buy and upgrade specific items that we need instead of grinding conquests for useless items every week, pre-determined by Blizzard

So we will loose that one chest and weekly cap item, but instead we'll get more choices in chest and vendors which is a huge upgrade. I know that at the moment running +15 is easier than getting 2.4k but it's how it is today already so it won't be worse in that regard. The PvP gearing is still under development but I can't imagine it being worse than it was in BfA. I'm even wondering if PvE players won't be forced to get their weekly cap of conquest points so they can also get upgrades from PvP vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Not sure if you've noticed but mmos are a dying genre. A large part of the reason is the insistence on sticking to "how MMOs should be" most of the userbase is no longer in college and doesn't have unlimited time to waste they also aren't getting new players because those are getting snapped up by games with 30 minutes or less experiences which is what M+ could/should have been but all the outside stuff you have to do hurts that.

- - - Updated - - -

They really aren't though they are still whining about flight and now they removed the flight whistle that was supposed to make no flight tolerable.
    It literally only takes 3 minutes of your time to go from 1 area to the next.

In case it wasnt mentioned yet, The Brokers offer weekly quests which reward a lot of rep.

I thought pvp vendors were coming back? So do you get gear from the vault plus vendors?

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    I thought pvp vendors were coming back? So do you get gear from the vault plus vendors?
    The vendors are just the "capping your conquest points" of BfA. Instead of getting a predetermined item, you can choose what you want. It's not going to be the same high ilvl as the weekly chest reward, though.