Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    China would have the material advantage, even if they are operating much further from their supply lines than India is.

India does have one very big advantage though - experience. Decades of skirmishes with Pakistani forces and Kashmiri separatists as well as actual high altitude battles gives India experience that China just can't match.

And in further news, India claims that yesterday Chinese soldiers kidnapped 5 Indian civilians from near the border. And then today China accuses Indian troops of not only crossing the LAC but of also firing 'provocative' warning shots at patrolling Chinese soldiers. That would be a serious escalation given the agreement from both sides to not use guns. Not that there is proof or ever likely to be proof - it is just a he said, she said situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    China would have the material advantage, even if they are operating much further from their supply lines than India is.

India does have one very big advantage though - experience. Decades of skirmishes with Pakistani forces and Kashmiri separatists as well as actual high altitude battles gives India experience that China just can't match.

And in further news, India claims that yesterday Chinese soldiers kidnapped 5 Indian civilians from near the border. And then today China accuses Indian troops of not only crossing the LAC but of also firing 'provocative' warning shots at patrolling Chinese soldiers. That would be a serious escalation given the agreement from both sides to not use guns. Not that there is proof or ever likely to be proof - it is just a he said, she said situation.

You can certainly trust China. Have they ever lied?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    You can certainly trust China. Have they ever lied?
    I am pretty sure that both sides are lying out of their asses. However, in any case I believe China to be the instigator here. It is just another entry in the long series of events regarding China and it's flexing of power regarding it's neighbors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

If China claimed the sky was blue I'd still want to check.

This map may help with the most recent incident.

Black Top and Helmet Top are were it happened. You can see why China would not be happy India beat them to those locations as they directly overlook the Chinese base at Spanggur Tso and the supply lines leading to it, and also overlooks the Spanggur Gap, which is where any push by Chinese forces would come through. Looks like India stole a march over China in this case.

And then there is this (unverified) photo.

It was supposedly taken by Indian troops of a Chinese patrol approaching that led to the warning shots being fired. They were approaching with the intent to try and dismantle the Indian outpost, the same as occurred previous when 20 Indian soldiers were killed. The Chinese are all carrying what appear to be Guandao, a traditional Chinese glaive. To be honest, if I saw someone coming at me with that then I'd be firing warning shots as well.

If China and India want to wage war, they better do it fast. By December, they will be dealing with whiteout blizzards, avalanches, thick snow and ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    If China and India want to wage war, they better do it fast. By December, they will be dealing with whiteout blizzards, avalanches, thick snow and ice.
    You can't really wage a full war over there anyway and it is hard to breakout over mountains, logistics won't be able to support that.

Local skirmishes with maybe some artillery and plane strikes? Sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.