5+ Year Old Account

Question WTB info about Prot in Shadowlands.

I have pretty much mained Prot in Legion/BfA (along with mage, but that's another issue), and I am following the news from beta, to an extent - for some reason, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what will Prot be like in SL. Any info (especially the TLDR type) would be much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

They're looking kind of weak again. A tuning pass may help but the talent rework kind of killed a lot of the OPness Prot was achieving in keys, even before Corruption. I'm sure everything will be playable but probably won't be King of the Castle anymore.

They are fine, just not OP anymore. Tuning is still ongoing and things might change though.

Quote Originally Posted by holywhiskers View Post
    They're looking kind of weak again. A tuning pass may help but the talent rework kind of killed a lot of the OPness Prot was achieving in keys, even before Corruption. I'm sure everything will be playable but probably won't be King of the Castle anymore.
    that was kind of the point. but since we live in a world where people only like things when they are OP, guess we wont be seeing warriors around much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    They are fine, just not OP anymore. Tuning is still ongoing and things might change though.
    its not a numbers things though, they broke up what people played the spec for. hell, they do really good damage when played corrtectly on the beta, but they arent gods anymore. and thats enough to have the FoTM rerollers all moving over to blood. again.

What about Convenants for prot? The beta is changing so much that i`m lost. Believe with the maldraxxus nerf on the banner, Prot should get Kyrian or Venthyr?

Kyrian is looking strongest; at least as an all-rounder, mainly because of the bleed-dispel.

NF isn't so bad either - just pick what you prefer. Venthyr looks fun but doesn't carry the same usefulness as an AoE Root & Bleed Cure. Still got 4 weeks of tuning to look at, so don't worry too much about deciding yet; things could all change in the next build.

Without Bolster and Anger Management being on different talent rows - Prot Warrior will be in the dumpster for the majority of SL.

Virtually no self-sustain and is taking way too much damage to be worth picking over a BDK/Vengeance or even guardian druid with the new thrash legendary announced today.

Returning prot warrior here--I really like the looks of the Night Fae armor, but their abilities seem very underwhelming.