Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Thanks for that info Im really at a loss currently but overall I was under the impression that there wouldnt be "generation size" gaps between covenants and their abilities. All that being said, Im always looking for whats best performance spec but without limitation to the content (i pvp and M+ high). Would have hoped that they can at least engage pvp/M+ and M+/raiding with pvp =/= raiding as always.
    The gaps right now are in some cases literally bigger than the gap between best and worst classes is in bfa it's honestly shocking.

Im just picking Night Fae for everything because I want to move 50% faster all the time, that's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    Mythic players will simply adapt to the system the same way glads will as others become unable to compete.Now you will be able to raid mythic regardless of choice but clear at a rate to get CE? Unlikely.

It isn't like some shadowy cabal of highend players will come together to stop you either. Assuming near equal skill the players with the right choices will always out perform those with the wrong choices. It is as simple as that. You are not going to change a mentality that has lasted fifteen years by making choices harder to undo.
    LOLOLOLOL

Are you suggesting by any chance that method/limit or other top 10 guilds wouldn't be able to clear mythic raid 20 times before even vast majority of guilds with "BiS" covenants are even get to last boss? That is hilarious.

Lemmie tell you a secret, your gear is not even close to being important as much as amount of time you are willing to play and your skills. Tactics and execution are still way more important.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Im just picking Night Fae for everything because I want to move 50% faster all the time, that's all there is to it.
    To be fair for non-competitive play that shiny fox really does feel amazing.

Why is a thread that asks for BiS covenants filled with people talking about how "there is no BiS"?
    Of course there is BiS. Always will be. This time it is just ALSO seperated by activity and unchangable.

Right now as a druid i probably get the best value out of Nightfay. Not sure with the last nerf.
    Best? No idea. But if i take Venthyr i can never use the ability in PvP... which is kinda stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    To be fair for non-competitive play that shiny fox really does feel amazing.
    It's also an incredibly useful ability even for competitive play (it's basically the old druid ability displacer beast, which was always the best talent for M+ and raiding because it allowed you to blink through mechanics). In terms of raiding it's probably the 2nd best after Kyrian, and in dungeons the venthyr teleport may be better but it's hard to tell.

But even if it wasn't, just having the 50% increased movement speed permanently in rest areas is such a huge QoL improvement I can't imagine picking any other covenant.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2020-09-04 at 07:03 AM.

It will be interesting to see how the " BIS" turns out compared to what people think is the more interesting choice.

It will also be interesting to see how much it really matters in the end. I can see where it could just end up being a fun thing, but I also see a situation where it could turn into a nightmare even for the most casual of players.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    LOLOLOLOL

Are you suggesting by any chance that method/limit or other top 10 guilds wouldn't be able to clear mythic raid 20 times before even vast majority of guilds with "BiS" covenants are even get to last boss? That is hilarious.

Lemmie tell you a secret, your gear is not even close to being important as much as amount of time you are willing to play and your skills. Tactics and execution are still way more important.
    I mean you don't know how how method works... method is already near bis slot by the time they fight the boss and usually have more powerful raids before nerfs. Just like how they had better corruptions for znoth they had a corruption setup no one else really got to use.

Showing you don't know how any of this works isn't that impressive of a feat. Hell that isn't even the point raised. If your trying to be witty I don't see how you accomplished that.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the " BIS" turns out compared to what people think is the more interesting choice.

It will also be interesting to see how much it really matters in the end. I can see where it could just end up being a fun thing, but I also see a situation where it could turn into a nightmare even for the most casual of players.
    I hope Blizzard will provide us with some statistics of the pick ratios of different covenants per class. Will be interesting to see how much bigger percentage the "BiS" covenant has than the others (unless the BiS covenant is different for each spec, each content etc. then this won't give much info..)

Going Necrolords with my Shaman, Primordial Wave doesn't seem too bad and I like the tankyness I can get with the different soulbinds, plus the transmogs are pretty badass for all the armor types. Oh and Fleshcraft is pretty sick when you change it with soulbinds.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2020-09-04 at 12:53 PM.

Pick the covenant you want. The end. When players give you shit for it, block them and move on. Making "wrong" choices is a great way to filter out toxic assholes.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Pick the covenant you want. The end. When players give you shit for it, block them and move on. Making "wrong" choices is a great way to filter out toxic assholes.
    Works on both ends. In time addons will show everyone what you picked and those higher groups will take it one step further and never invite you to began with.

Works on both ends. In time addons will show everyone what you picked and those higher groups will take it one step further and never invite you to began with.
    I don't believe any aspect of covenants beyond which covenant you are in is actually visible to other players, so no.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have no idea yet what I am going to chose for any of my 3 classes. Going to play BM hunter, frost mage and DH (not sure what spec yet). I get the feeling there will still be some changes, but I really need to go read up on them lol. Time to stop being lazy I guess. I thought I would just test them while leveling, but apparently you cant test everything from them in their respected zones? Not sure if I understood it correctly.

I mean you don't know how how method works... method is already near bis slot by the time they fight the boss and usually have more powerful raids before nerfs. Just like how they had better corruptions for znoth they had a corruption setup no one else really got to use.

Showing you don't know how any of this works isn't that impressive of a feat. Hell that isn't even the point raised. If your trying to be witty I don't see how you accomplished that.
    Nope, I have seen their gear in BoD. They had literal garbage gear not even close to "bis". And it has been like this for good couple of years. You have clearly no clue as it's even mathematically impossible for them to get "near bis" in 2 resets. Even with gear funneling the best they can get is like half of the gear from heroic. Not to mention only like ~6 items from myhic.

So please acting like you know if you are wrong.

Well for warlock at least it all seems to point me to necrolords. decimating bolt is just too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel8490 View Post
    Well for warlock at least it all seems to point me to necrolords. decimating bolt is just too good.
    If you pick your covenant based solely on the class ability, you are going to have a bad time.
    -ynnady

Ret's rn: Well...Venthyr doesn't look too bad, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    I hope Blizzard will provide us with some statistics of the pick ratios of different covenants per class. Will be interesting to see how much bigger percentage the "BiS" covenant has than the others (unless the BiS covenant is different for each spec, each content etc. then this won't give much info..)
    Blizzard probably won't but warcraftlogs probably will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    People don't choose powerful abilities because other people "give them shit". They choose powerful abilities because they want to be powerful, and do the best they can.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Blizzard probably won't but warcraftlogs probably will.

- - - Updated - - -

People don't choose powerful abilities because other people "give them shit". They choose powerful abilities because they want to be powerful, and do the best they can.
    So you admit that "I will get passed over for groups or benched" is a bullshit line?
    -ynnady