Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I think the whole thing would have been viewed as an overwhelmingly positive system if they had just let it be a cosmetic/storyline choice.

Blizzards issue of late hasn't been about good ideas, it's the execution that has left us scratching our heads.
    I mean there is still an easy solution for Covenants. Give every Covenant at 60 a questline that can be done by everyone. At the end of the questline you get the specific Covenant skill ability and then you can decide to join the Covenant and to unlock all the other stuff they have or to move on to the next Covenant. Like you do all 4 Covenant entry questlines and after that you make a choice. The way it is now is just not thought out.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean there is still an easy solution for Covenants. Give every Covenant at 60 a questline that can be done by everyone. At the end of the questline you get the specific Covenant skill ability and then you can decide to join the Covenant and to unlock all the other stuff they have or to move on to the next Covenant. Like you do all 4 Covenant entry questlines and after that you make a choice. The way it is now is just not thought out.
    We should get access to all of them but they will be stubborn at the start. Probably lose subs over the first little bit. I'm sure the mount vote will probably equate to the new 6 month sub mount in the hopes they can keep people playing even after they realise how bad the system is. Playing the beta has me avoiding this launch. BFA taught me this current team doesn't know how to make a fun game.

This is a "my favorites" thread, not a bis list :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msmollymillions View Post
    We should get access to all of them but they will be stubborn at the start. Probably lose subs over the first little bit. I'm sure the mount vote will probably equate to the new 6 month sub mount in the hopes they can keep people playing even after they realise how bad the system is. Playing the beta has me avoiding this launch. BFA taught me this current team doesn't know how to make a fun game.
    The mount vote is for a free mount they are giving out in Q1 of 2021, just an fyi.

Removinh power from choosing covenant will ruin them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm thinking Blizzard could have saved a lot of development money by just not doing any of this crap that players really don't want.
    Yeah you know most of stuff what players want would straight up ruin entire game. Players are not game designers. Give feedback yes but dont exoect that devs will alienate entire game just becouse clueless players think they know how to desing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yeah you know most of stuff what players want would straight up ruin entire game.
    And they stuff they don't want will not ruin the game? So, if you complain about something, I should take that as an indication it should be included or kept, because it will actually keep you subbed?

The reality is the game has mostly ruined itself, with 90+% of the people who have played it having been driven away.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    And they stuff they don't want will not ruin the game? So, if you complain about something, I should take that as an indication it should be included or kept, because it will actually keep you subbed?

The reality is the game has mostly ruined itself, with 90+% of the people who have played it having been driven away.
    Do you realize that many things what players percieve as bad for the game is exactly what makes game fun in the end?

Do you remeber all the incoviniences in vannila? Lot of people didnt like it. What they do not realize is that becouse of those incoviences and friction they got into situations what those players end up enyojing and created memorable experiences for them. And by removing it you also remove those fun and memorable experiences. In case of covenants you remove player identity and make game more homogenized. So yes lot of people what think is bad for them is in fact good for overall health of the game.

For Disc Priest seems to be Kyrian

PS: not 100% sure, just what i see of people talking, i have no Beta access to test

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I think its still too early to discuss BiS covenant however the fact that players are looking for "BiS" of a game mechanic already shows its badly implemented and will cause problems. If it so happens as "BiS per class" then where will the diversity and uniqueness of classes and choice go?
    People are always going to look for "BiS" even where it may not exist. Human nature mostly. I'm fairly sure that some raids will favor one over another and others will favor different ones. Many tears expected.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Do you realize that many things what players percieve as bad for the game is exactly what makes game fun in the end?
    I realize entitled people like to imagine their personal preferences > the preferences of large numbers of other people. So of course you try to denigrate the desires of others.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

If removing that one ability from Covenants ruins them then it wasn't a very good system to start with.

If removing that one ability from Covenants ruins them then it wasn't a very good system to start with.
    That is a faulty logic there. If I buy a lawnmower then my fridge will start heating food instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is a faulty logic there. If I buy a lawnmower then my fridge will start heating food instead.
    No it's not. If you remove the Covenant ability there are still choices to be made. The whole system doesn't break down or stop working.

They are nothing more than class halls from Legion, but this time you get to choose which one you want to participate in.

Covenants would be fine even if the ability wasn't there at all.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Can't tell about other classes, but night fae is insane for holy or ret paladins in raid. 10% healing done/taken is BIG external cd. Cooldown reduction is Ineffable Truth on 1min cd. Added holy damage is external "trinket/racial" which is rly good on burst adds. 4th blessing doesn't matter much but 3 other is way too good. Kyrian is fine, and is somewhat better in myth+, but 10% healing done/taken is almost external wings and have very high value if you have self healing tank. Honesty, if you are holy paladin in myth guild there is no chance you are picking other one.

No it's not. If you remove the Covenant ability there are still choices to be made. The whole system doesn't break down or stop working.

They are nothing more than class halls from Legion, but this time you get to choose which one you want to participate in.

Covenants would be fine even if the ability wasn't there at all.
    Yep, your logic is completely faulty as there is no correlation in between those.
    Just like saying: If removing one wheel from my car ruins it, then it wasn't a good car to begin with.

That is your analogy.
    Could have been a great car, only if it was complete.

Sure, a car without one wheel won't break down if you drive it slowly, but it's not exactly the same as with 4 wheels.

If you remove that ability then they lose their meaning and from primary expansion focus it will become a tertiary focus.
    From a feature that everyone cares about it will become a scuffed factions that nobody gives a flying fuck.

It will make them mostly a cosmetic feature what it should have been from the start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    If you remove that ability then they lose their meaning and from primary expansion focus it will become a tertiary focus.
    From a feature that everyone cares about it will become a scuffed factions that nobody gives a flying fuck.
    No they don't? You still have all the cosmetics (which is fine) and the storyline (which is not) locked behind them. And even the specific Covenant skill that's not class related plus the Soulbinds. Removing the class specific skill from Covenants will make them less mandatory overall, which is a good thing.

There's way more to Covenants than just the class ability.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

No they don't? You still have all the cosmetics (which is fine) and the storyline (which is not) locked behind them. And even the specific Covenant skill that's not class related plus the Soulbinds. Removing the class specific skill from Covenants will make them less mandatory overall, which is a good thing.

There's way more to Covenants than just the class ability.
    Nope, that is not how it works. Removing that skill will make them lose meaning as they were previously giving something valuable to begin with.
    You may pretend that's not how it works but in reality, that is exactly how it works.

And best example is the amount of threads about covenants on forum. Without that skill there might be like 1-2 threads tops during entire waiting-for-expansion time.

Eh nm it's not worth arguing about.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2020-09-07 at 09:10 AM.