Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    wait...what?you liked world more than park?....how...why...IT DOESNT EVEN LOOOK BETTER! even THAT hasnet improved >_<

uhm better call saul > breaking bad! come at me bruh

Terminator 2 was better than Terminator, or any of the other sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Aliens ...was honestly pretty equal to Alien especially if you ignore every other movie in the franchise
    There's other movies in the franchise? /s

I am a bigger fan of IT Chapter 1 than the original made for TV movie with Tim Curry. Haven't seen Chapter 2, heard mixed things; will have to check it later.

Also, someone thinks Jurassic World is better than Jurassic Park?

I mean, Jurassic World already loses points for making the "chaperone" of the kids die in such a horrible cruel way. I mean, supposedly, I heard there were scenes written to make her a dis likable character, but those scenes as far as I could tell never made it to the final cut, making her death scene come out of left field for no reason other than the producers proving how edgy they can be.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2020-09-02 at 05:33 AM.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    There's other movies in the franchise? /s

I am a bigger fan of IT Chapter 1 than the original made for TV movie with Tim Curry. Haven't seen Chapter 2, heard mixed things; will have to check it later.

Also, someone thinks Jurassic World is better than Jurassic Park?

I mean, Jurassic World already loses points for making the "chaperone" of the kids die in such a horrible cruel way. I mean, supposedly, I heard there were scenes written to make her a dis likable character, but those scenes as far as I could tell never made it to the final cut, making her death scene come out of left field for no reason other than the producers proving how edgy they can be.
    Oh I completely forgot that bit, thanks for reminding me. Man that was so horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

There is a hierarchy of Jurassic Park Movies

"I want to watch a JP Movie"
    1. Jurassic Park 1
    2. Watch Jurassic Park 1 again
    3. Nothing
    4. Jurassic Park 3 (it kinda has that So bad its good vibe)
    5. Jurassic World (....eh)
    6. The Lost World (...seriously this movie is like 2 and a half hours long and NOTHING HAPPENED..A T-REX WAS IN SAN FRANCISCO AND IT WAS BORING)
    7. Jurassic World 2 (The less I say about this the better)

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    2nd Mission Impossible was better than the first...
    Sorry but WHAT?

The rest of your list shows that you evaluate the other films pretty spot on, but this one?

No. 2 is normaly regarded as the worst film of the whole series. It is just a child of it's time which does not hold up to anything.

They are fighting with fcking motorcycles! Please tell me you were talking about the no. 2 of the second trillogy.

• Ben Hur 1959 was the best remake, nothing else comes close
    • Return of the Jedi is the best Star Wars film.
    • Spiderman 2 is slightly better than 1.
    • Toy Story 2 is the best Pixar film.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

I’d say pretty much every episode of Star Wars was better than the prequels. Any of them.

Yes, including the sequels.

If we didn’t have the narrative through line of knowing anakin was going to become Darth Vader... you’d sit through that and go “what the hell was that?”

All Episode 3 has going for it is one 15 minute fight on a lava planet. That’s it, and that’s all people remember beside the memes. One 15 minute cgi video game fight does not a compelling film make.

the sequels???? i'll admit the prequels are much better after you watch the clone wars series, the show enhanced the movies quite a bit. i can see if a person hasn't watched those why the prequel movies would be too "kiddish" maybe?

but the sequels??? good god man. i only pretend to like those because they're canon. if disney ever grows a pair and decanonizes those movies i'd be jumping on board that ship.

and as far as the movie itself...it's when we get to see anakin's turn. we get to see the heartbreak between him and obi wan on MUSTAFAR (the lava planet none of you know the name of). Lucas was never that good at dialog so it really wasn't haydens acting. he worked with what he was given. natalie portman is a fantastic actor but she doesn't display it on star wars because of the dialog. blame Lucas not the actors.

btw that obi wan show that's supposed to come out next year is gonna have hayden in it as anakin in flashbacks. so someone out there likes the prequels.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2020-09-02 at 11:30 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    um there was a horror movie called Ouija. it was shit. but Ouija: Origin of Evil was very good, much better than the original

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoeSzyslak View Post
    Sorry but WHAT?

The rest of your list shows that you evaluate the other films pretty spot on, but this one?

No. 2 is normaly regarded as the worst film of the whole series. It is just a child of it's time which does not hold up to anything.

They are fighting with fcking motorcycles! Please tell me you were talking about the no. 2 of the second trillogy.
    I agree with him that MI:2 is my favorite of the series followed closely by the first. As far as it being regarded by others as being bad. I couldn't care less what anyone else's opinion is on a movie I like. If I like a movie then I like it, no other opinions needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    snip
    I think the old adage that the original movies are the best died when Hollywood went full in on sequels and reboots. They made such a gluttony of work that through sheer weight alone there are a lot of sequels and reboots that are better than their OG.

Just a couple I haven't seen mentioned:
    The Ring
    The Dark Knight
    3:10 to Yuma
    True Grit
    Various Doctor Who runs
    Invasion of the Body Snatchers
    Terminator 2

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I agree with him that MI:2 is my favorite of the series followed closely by the first. As far as it being regarded by others as being bad. I couldn't care less what anyone else's opinion is on a movie I like. If I like a movie then I like it, no other opinions needed.
    But the questions was which sequel was better, not what sequel did you like more.

Of course you can like films which might be objective inferior. Everyone has a diverent taste. I don't like Breaking Bad but I jave to say it is a well crafted series.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always groan at Terminator 2 being mentioned, the first Terminator is so much better, I don't know what goes on in people's heads.

There's only a few real examples, Aliens is so much different from Alien that its easy to like it better, even if it isn't definitively a better movie, I know I like it better.

Evil Dead 2 is a sequel/remake that is better than Evil Dead.

As someone that actually liked Jurassic World, my mind still boggles at anyone saying its better than Jurassic Park, it just makes no sense.
    Mission Impossible 2 is almost unwatchable, so I don't get that one either.

I'm pretty steadfast in preferring originals over sequels, and for remakes, I usually like them as much as the original at best, for example I liked the original Thing and True Grit and also the remakes.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    One of the best remakes ever. So very well done.
    Amen. I loved Cronenberg's take on The Fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I thought predator 2 was better than predator 1. I thought Aliens was better than Alien. Empire strikes back was better than Star Wars A New Hope.
    I also really enjoyed Predator 2. Not sure that I like it more than the original but for me it definitely holds its own.

Empire definitely blows ANH out of the water too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Captain America: Civil War
    I freaking LOVE Winter Soldier and Civil War. 2 of the best films in the MCU imo, and either definitely blows out the original CA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Movies or Films where the Prequel, Sequel or Reboot was better than the original? Me and my wife enjoy 80 and 90's films, so we and a few friends came up with this challenge.

The best I could come up with so far:

Jurassic World
    Batman Begins

(ok for this challenge, movies that exist in the same universe or timeline as another title count, for example John Hughes for Ferris Bueller's Fay Off Vs The Breakfast Club)
    Respect for opinions, always! But for me nothing beats the original JP. I saw it in theaters and when Sam Neill looked at the Brachiosaurus for the first time with that gaze of absolute astonishment, I believed him. I didn't believe anything in JW the same way... the magic just wasn't there for me.

I will say though, I really liked Blue.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Maybe controversial? But I think both The Two Towers and Return of the King are better than Fellowship.

Everything Theoden-King says is fucking badass as hell, and the Battle of Helm's Deep is....fucking great.

"What can men do against such reckless hate?"

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Maybe controversial? But I think both The Two Towers and Return of the King are better than Fellowship.

Everything Theoden-King says is fucking badass as hell, and the Battle of Helm's Deep is....fucking great.

I partially agree, but are those really sequels or anything? It's basically just one story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Respect for opinions, always! But for me nothing beats the original JP. I saw it in theaters and when Sam Neill looked at the Brachiosaurus for the first time with that gaze of absolute astonishment, I believed him. I didn't believe anything in JW the same way... the magic just wasn't there for me.
    Ya...when Sam Neill turned Laura Dern to see it..and they both looked up...in sheer wonder, I felt it! It was a magnificent awe-inspiring feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

I don't think that's controversial, I'd say most people agree with that. I especially like The Two Towers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I don't think that's controversial, I'd say most people agree with that. I especially like The Two Towers.
    Most of Tolkien fans, like me, keep saying the fellowship was better adaptated then the 2 other movies. I think the same, being the exception the scene where Arwen saves Frodo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sequels:

Doctor Sleep > The Shining
    T2 > T1
    Thor: Ragnarok > Thor
    Winter Soldier > First Avenger
    Empire > Hope

Remakes:

Evil Dead 2013 > Evil Dead 1981
    The Fly (Goldblum) > The Fly (OG)
    The Thing (Carpenter) > The Thing from Another World
    Dredd > Judge Dredd
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-09-02 at 06:11 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.