Page 1 of 39
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

They removed the 'in'famous "B***'" from the Garrosh Sylvanas dialogue????

WoW, Just WOW!

https://twitter.com/Krexxal/status/1298651669832425472

https://twitter.com/SteveDanuser/status/1298728022653075456

*UPDATE*

Steve Danuser elaborated on their reasoning behind the removal.

https://twitter.com/SteveDanuser/sta...83999341953024

Allow me to explain the decision. A team member sent feedback that he enjoyed playing the game with his kid, but when they encountered Garrosh's line, it stuck out from other language in the game.

Several of us discussed the feedback and decided to make a change.
    Holinka Agrees

Replying to @SteveDanuser

It's the right decision.
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/1299486215268257792
    Last edited by facelesssoul; 2020-08-29 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Added the original tweet

The "bitch" line always felt so random. Calling Sylvanas a bitch was a real understatement, it's like calling Sargeras an asshole. This is a psycho who experimented on civilians, raised innocent people into undeath, and was planning to unleash a deadly chemical weapon on a civilian target... certainly there are better and more creative insults for someone like that.

Regardless I don't care. I suppose this will somewhat embellish Sylvanas' otherwise horrible legacy when she finally dies.

Do we really have to whine about EVERY SINGLE THING? Seriously? What does it matter?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, it always kind of felt out of place to me for the setting. I felt the same in TFT when Sylvanas told Arthas, "Give my regards to hell, you son of a bitch."

Yeah, it was so out of place, it kind of made me cringe whenever i heard him say it. It kind of just makes you back up and say "whoa, dude, you really went there?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well she is kind of a bitch so it's a shame it was removed. The guy was a psycho but he was right.
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2020-08-27 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess we can all pretend that it would be out of character for Garrosh to call Sylvanas a bitch.
    It's out of character when it's the only profanity we've ever seen him use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

How does Danuser still have a job after all this shitty Sylvanas fanfic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

So out of place to call a self-serving and selfish woman a bitch..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'm exhausted do we really HAVE to care about this one?

I mean who really gives a shit. It was weird and jarring that it was ever there in the first place tbh.
    I always saw it as one of the rare moments in WoW lore where the raw unbridled personality of a major lore character was allowed to be shown (similar to Anduin punching Wrathion in the face). But I guess now verbal disrespect is worse than Genocide.

In a game where murder and looting is commonplace and has WAR in it's name, the storytelling should not be censored to fit any political climate.

No big deal. People as always making a mountain out of a molehill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    More like it was some edgy nerd dev trying to see how much he could get away with in writing the script in the office at work, just so he could say he did it for the lulz.
    Ad Hominem detected.

NOBODY insults Danuser's QUEEN! NOBODY!
    Seriously how is that guy still at Blizzard and how is he still posting his pervy shit on twatter with Blizzard sticker on his profile?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "Please would you kindly weight your words, woman i really respect?"

He's an Orc. He should've insulted her in orcish and it just doesn't get translated to us, like many other words (Lok'tar Ogar, Mak'gora)

They should make more use of their fantasy languages and weave in some words here and there and that especially with curse words. It's somehow more immersive when a fantasy world curses with fantasy words.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be good. It is a poor popular slang word with no place in WoW, to be honest.

I don´t care too much, but better without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a random change. So late too.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is afraid of SJW going to twitter and condemning them for being sexist by having an angry evil orc call another evil bitch, a bitch. Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess we can all pretend that it would be out of character for Garrosh to call Sylvanas a bitch.
    I don't think it's inconsistent with this character, but I do think it's out of character in general when any form of expletive is so rare, even in full on war/genocide/etc. it felt a bit forced.

God forbids someone insulting Danuser's waifu so hard!!!

They should remove Sylvanas' Son of a bitch line to Arthas as well but nah, villain Sue can do anything.

/facepalm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.