Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Good and fantastic change to start healing the self inflicted gunshot wound that was the GCD change in BFA.

    Now just need WW to get SEF and/or energizing elixir off the GCD and it may flow well again.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    There are people who generally like having sex with a meatgrinder too but these folks usually end up in an institution or removing themselves from the gene pool.
    So you're aware that you're equating those who either like or are indifferent to the GCD changes in BFA, to those who are mentally deranged or suicidal?

    That'll be a "yikes" from me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    they are fucking stubborn idiots,
    Mmmmmmmhmmmmmm...

    Yea, right. Not going to waste my time since you obviously are not here for a discussion. Moving on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    They should not implement stupid changes that N O B O D Y asked for or wanted to begin with.
    Soooo... no shaman on the Alliance or paladins on the Horde?

    No blood elves?

    No draenei?

    No worgen?

    No Mage Tower?

    No 10/25 raids?

    No LFR?

    Etc, etc....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i would say with certainty that the people calling for this change are people who weren't around pre cataclysm era, because if they were, then they would never want those days back in terms of GCD locking, just as a history lesson you could literally macro the blood DK DPS rotation and go afk because it was GCD locked, you literally couldn't do anything else during combat there was no 'immersive decision making' as they are trying to spin it, and that's just one example among many, and yes it was very much a 'manufactured problem' by blizzard themselves because if you're using 1 shots in PVP as your justification for the change then i have some bad news for you but 1 shots in PVP have existed as long as the game has been around, you had the old 5 minute mage back in classic, or the swifty 1 shot macro, in TBC it was spirit warlocks destroying everything in sight, in wrath you had a plethora of classes/specs that could easily global you regardless of gear and then shadowmourne just added insult to injury in the final season, cata was the first time we saw major PVP tuning done to try to limit the 1 shot spam after they added the new mastery stats, so again i reiterate my point of REGRESSING instead of INNOVATING which is exactly what this GCD change at the start of BFA was, it was done to artificially slow the game down because blizz weren't happy with players playing how they wanted and is yet another example of 'play our way or not at all' mindset in the dev team.
    Just because one-shots existed since the game's inception doesn't mean that Blizzard shouldn't eventually try to fix it, or diminish the problem. And also: saying that the problem existed since the game's launch doesn't mean the problem stayed "the same" or didn't get worse as the game's life went on, too.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  3. #143
    Legendary! TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    6,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Soooo... no shaman on the Alliance or paladins on the Horde?

    No blood elves?

    No draenei?

    No worgen?

    No Mage Tower?

    No 10/25 raids?

    No LFR?

    Etc, etc....
    More than half of your list is stuff that players actually asked for, before it was added to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  4. #144
    Legendary! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    6,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post


    Soooo... no shaman on the Alliance or paladins on the Horde?

    No blood elves?

    No draenei?

    No worgen?

    No Mage Tower?

    No 10/25 raids?

    No LFR?

    Etc, etc....
    People asked for stuff like challenging solo content, easier access to raid content , did people ASK for the gameplay to be slowed down?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2020Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

  5. #145
    Doesn't impact any of my major alts significantly but I remember some people saying their specs were ruined by the GCD change so yay, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  6. #146
    Field Marshal Resident Rump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Make Russia Great Again
    Posts
    57
    The rotational buffs like Bestial Wrath and Dark Transformation are way more annoying to have GCDs than the long cooldown buffs are.

  7. #147
    You'd think at some point they'd realize the GCD just wasn't a good call to go back to and instead should optimize around the older style. I mean, yeah, it was pretty fast and spammy, but there's mechanics that could work with that better than just slowing them down. Like, more decision making, more resource utilization, etc.

  8. #148
    I liked them being on GCD because now I will need to write macros again. It was more convenient and easier to play optimal since you can't fuck up the window of opportunity to press the damage increase.

    Old: Stack buffs > Icy Veins > Rotation.

    New: Stack buffs > Macro with Frostbolt/Icelance including Icy Veins. Basically adds 1-3 (depending on class) additional macro buttons that have the damage increase built in.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-09-03 at 09:34 AM.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    More than half of your list is stuff that players actually asked for, before it was added to the game.
    And about the other "half" of the list? Should Blizzard have not implement it, because "nobody asked"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    People asked for stuff like challenging solo content, easier access to raid content , did people ASK for the gameplay to be slowed down?
    You missed the point. The point is that Blizzard doesn't have to consult the players regarding what changes they can and cannot make to their own game.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  10. #150
    Blizzard... It's just a facepalm almost every time they post news. "Hey guys! We reverted idiotic change nobody asked for! Aren't we great?" No, you fucking aren't. Move back to MoP class design, stop using rental powers and give actual powers every expansion which continue in the next expansion, make 10 man raiding mythic, and then we'll talk about returning back. No? Ok, then fuck off.
    © players who left because of moronic game designs by hazzicostas.

  11. #151
    This was a terrible change to begin with and now they've reverted it(partially, but intelligently). It gives me hope that they might still understand how to make the game better.

    It also just continues to cement in my mind how bad BFA was, and how stuck we were with some of these bad decisions for the entire length of it.

  12. #152
    Legendary! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    6,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And about the other "half" of the list? Should Blizzard have not implement it, because "nobody asked"?


    You missed the point. The point is that Blizzard doesn't have to consult the players regarding what changes they can and cannot make to their own game.
    Your right, they have the RIGHT to make the game worse, but they shouldt get praised for un-fucking the game as they realize they fucked up.

    There is a difference between "not asking the community and giving them something good" and being so disconnected with the community and actually thinking adding stuff like the mass GCD change is a good thing.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2020Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Your right, they have the RIGHT to make the game worse, but they shouldt get praised for un-fucking the game as they realize they fucked up.
    So they are not to be forgiven?

    There is a difference between "not asking the community and giving them something good" and being so disconnected with the community and actually thinking adding stuff like the mass GCD change is a good thing.
    "Good" is subjective.

    And there has been people who liked AND disliked the changes in every expansion.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Being slightly better than garbage is a pretty low bar to clear, because Legion and WoD were terrible at launch. WoD didn't get better at any point, and it took them about a year to get Legion to somewhere other than a complete RNG shitshow with Legendaries.
    You can literally list any one big flaw with every expansion and say it was terrible. Legion was good despite the botched rng system.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Yes, lets compare it to literally the two worst expansions in wow history and call it a day... Really??
    You're the only one coming of as insane xD
    Legion was better than Cataclysm, WoD, and BFA by far.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

  15. #155
    It's about damn time.

    Time to get the game back before cancerous BFA was released.

  16. #156
    Legendary! TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    6,885
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    You can literally list any one big flaw with every expansion and say it was terrible. Legion was good despite the botched rng system.
    Only if you didn't get screwed over by said RNG system early on, on multiple characters, and if you didn't play more than 1 spec. Blizzard took far too long to address critical issues with Legion (AP grind for multiple specs and Legendary RNG) for it to fall under the "good" category for me, because I had been dealing with their systems being shit for nearly a year before I quit due to burnout from trying to keep up with AP for multiple specs and terrible luck on legendaries.

    The worst RNG I had in Cata? It took 26 weeks for Heroic Blackhorn to drop my shield in DS, but I was fine with that since it was a whopping ~1% increase to my stats. The shield not dropping turned into a running joke for my guild, and I was still having fun despite the bad luck.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2020-09-06 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Only if you didn't get screwed over by said RNG system early on, on multiple characters, and if you didn't play more than 1 spec. Blizzard took far too long to address critical issues with Legion (AP grind for multiple specs and Legendary RNG) for it to fall under the "good" category for me, because I had been dealing with their systems being shit for nearly a year before I quit due to burnout from trying to keep up with AP for multiple specs and terrible luck on legendaries.

    The worst RNG I had in Cata? It took 26 weeks for Heroic Blackhorn to drop my shield in DS, but I was fine with that since it was a whopping ~1% increase to my stats. The shield not dropping turned into a running joke for my guild, and I was still having fun despite the bad luck.
    Well I did have bad luck with legendaries, took way too long for me to get one. But I didn't let that stop me from enjoying all the amazing content Legion had (some of my favorite dungeons in the game) the awesome Suramar campaign, the (at the time) breath of fresh air world quests after Apexis shit, and I actually enjoyed grinding AP.
    One thing though is that I am more of an mmo player than just a WoW players, so to me, Legion is even better considering how many other mmos just fall short.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •