Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I don't think you know what "objective" if you think that. There are people who liked the GCD change. And the issue wasn't "manufactured", as it was a very real thing to be absolutely destroyed in PvP when the opponent gets the drop on you after popping all his cooldowns and trinkets.

There are people who generally like having sex with a meatgrinder too but these folks usually end up in an institution or removing themselves from the gene pool.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I'm more convinced now than ever before that no change Blizzard ever makes to this game will ever be received positively by this community. They can provide reason but players will just skim past it, see that {insert class ability here} isn't on the list then proceed to call Blizzard retarded and smugly wait for any of the endless number of people who agree with these shallow takes to quote block them in agreement. Even if Blizzard fully removed the GCD altogether, 2/3rds of the players on this forum would simply bitch about how it's "too little, too late," and that "Blizzard already irreversibly ruined the game." There are no more level-headed discussions about design philosophy or ways to handle class balance. If you even try to bring a small amount of levity into a discussion you're immediately derided as a "worthless shill," because nobody wants to challenge their viewpoints anymore. We just want a happy echo chamber where everybody can lament the downfall of their once-favorite game and we can all agree that Blizzard sucks and hates its players.

For what it's worth, half measures like this rarely go over well with the community but I think it's a step in the right direction if Blizzard is going to be insistent on designing the game around the existence of a GCD.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-09-02 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Trying new things is fine, but the GCD issue was universally hated. I don’t remember one person saying they thought it was a good idea. Everyone I remember from YouTube personalities to mmo-c thread posters stated how horrible it felt, or seemed like it would feel, to have to press abilities that incurred a CD before you could do damage/healing.
    It wasn't "universally hated". In this thread, for example, you can find people saying they're either for it, or lukewarm toward it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Just going to say this: if you're going to state an opinion, avoid using words such as "fact" or "objective".
    It is a FACT that it is his OPINION, duh. /s

But yeah, childish people like that guy are why ignore lists exist, since moderation no longer takes care of such things across the vast internets.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    no, he's saying people didn't like them from the get go, they didn't like them after a while, they didn't like them a year later, and they still didn't like them now. at no point before or after did people like them.
    and yet, it took them all this time to finally concede on their stubbornness.
    There are those who liked the changes, or were at least indifferent toward it. Blizzard likely let a whole year go like this to see if people got used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    This is literally one of the single best changes in all of Shadowlands. When Blizzard added GCDs to these spells, it immediately started feeling bad to even use cooldowns. It is obviously, objectively, still better to use them, but it just felt bad. Especially when a class has to cast multiple, digging into your first cooldown's effective use time. I do think there's quite a few spells they left off this list, though, like Unholy DK CDs.
    Your feelings are your own problem, and no one else's.

If pushing a key on your keyboard "feels bad" seek professional help.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Well, they have beta testing, and the cooldown GCDs had a very negative reception during testing. No need to pretend like they didn't know we didn't like it. Ion also said something along the lines of "we know you won't like it, but it's good for the game", which is not a particularly convincing argument either.
    I don't know what were his exact words, either, but I think it was something more along the lines of "it might take some getting used to" than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    if a class has to use many 2 or 3 min gcds, to ramp up, i.e. at encounter start, the problem are not burst cds on gcd. the problem is the class design of this class. i am very interested in the design answer why any class needs more than one 2-3min burst cd.
    What specs have more than one?

The real reason they're doing this is they're trying to clean up the "on pull" stuff like they did with potions. For BM Hunters for example, before the pull they're supposed to pop BW and AotW and a potion, which all gets messed up if someone pulls early. Mages had a lot to do between on use trinkets, bracers, potion, etc.

If these things come off the GCD they don't need to be pre-cast, so people don't need to worry about someone pulling 2s, 1s, 0.5s early.

Wow, based on the initial post I expected the resource generators to be taken off but the true burst CDs? I can have Avenging Wrath off the GCD again and hit it at the halfway mark between attacks during setup?

It's a small but very welcome addition, it feels smoother and allows a bit more technical play.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Trying new things is fine, but the GCD issue was universally hated. I don’t remember one person saying they thought it was a good idea. Everyone I remember from YouTube personalities to mmo-c thread posters stated how horrible it felt, or seemed like it would feel, to have to press abilities that incurred a CD before you could do damage/healing.
    All you've demonstrated then is you lack memory capacity.

If youtuber opinions matter to you, you'd be better off watching your Kardashian shows.

15+ Year Old Account
    They still forgot Hunter's Mark...................

Planned to go frost, so I'm happy the clunkyness is gone.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Crying, whining entitled gamers get what they want.... yet again.

But i prefer no global
    Guess we won't all pull our pants down and bend over for just about anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same problem was before, some specs gonna press 10 buttons at the same time while others need 10sec+ for an opener.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    All you've demonstrated then is you lack memory capacity.

If youtuber opinions matter to you, you'd be better off watching your Kardashian shows.
    Could you elaborate a bit?

I would totally agree with the op on this one. I think my memory is fine and read quite a bit of posts and although I am not comfortable with saying everyone was ok with this. Could we agree with the fact that the majority of feedback was negative. We can argue on the % but just read this very thread and do the math.

I think that arguing on semantics and going with personal attacks aka "you've demonstrated is you lack memory capacity" is a pretty weak argument.

Say what you will about youtubers but people like Preach, Slootbag, Bellular are all people that are thriving in the game and they have an audience and I really think that when they release a video it is for the good of the game. Ion has interviews with them, that has to be worth something. Did you have an interview with the devs or?also I fail to see the correlation with the Kardashians.

If you think the GCDs changes made the game better. I feel it would be more constructive to let people know why instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ayy, that spell I use every 3 minutes no longer have a GCD? Insane! Class is fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Guess we won't all pull our pants down and bend over for just about anything.
    That.

Can you explain to me what is entitled in telling the devs that we do not like something? THEY are asking us give them feedback?

What is wrong with being entitled anyway. I paid for something, I feel like I should at least have the liberty to let them know if something feels wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    You mean the majority of gamers right? Because very few liked the removal.
    A very vocal minority spoke out against the GCD changes. Just like any other changes, there's always that vocal minority.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    They still forgot Hunter's Mark...................
    Hunter's Mark is my least concern about this.

What i want to know is why Trueshot and Coordinated assaults are still on the GCD

or are the hunter devs thinking ppl only play bm?

reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    A very vocal minority spoke out against the GCD changes. Just like any other changes, there's always that vocal minority.
    I suppose if by minority you mean those of us who don't click our spell bar or drool on our keyboards. Gotchya!
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...