Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It wasn't "universally hated". In this thread, for example, you can find people saying they're either for it, or lukewarm toward it.
    Oh, I’m sorry, let me correct myself...*ahem* the majority hated. That better?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    then the fix should have been relegated to PVP. you know the place where they later then released broken corruptions that allowed the exact fucking thing to happen.

they are fucking stubborn idiots, knew this wasn't like and that pressing an activation button that did nothing was stupid and defended it for 2 years because they can't admit a mistake.

frankly, they fix way too many "problems" that they concoct in their heads over some aspect of the game that they think is being played "wrong" or whatever

the entire GCD thing is just one more thing in a long list of things they tell us how great they are and then undo two years later like we have no memory of them spouting obvious bullshit to defend a change that is really nothing more than a change for the sake of change, a thing they do all the time.
    In Blizzard's defense some classes were using a single macro for 6 abilities at once including trinkets, to dish out big numbers for 15 seconds and then do garbage dmg for 2.5 minutes until the stars aligned again. What kind of skill or player choices did that provide? Sure we do it now still but not to the extent that was happening before the changes.

However they went a bit overboard with how many things they placed back on the GCD so it's nice to see them opening it up again.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by shalarice View Post
    This whole thing is so confusing. The main reason they gave us to justify this change was that they thought that stacking CDS in a macro was bad. That the CDS themselves should be meaningful. Besides that they failed to provide any substantial reasons.

2 years later they put the 3 mins cds back off the GCD. Which, I am sure a lot of players will appreciate but to me Things like Death grip, Sweeping strikes, blade flurry were wayyy more of a problem.
    I tried coming back to the game but gave up on my warrior and dk after a week and then quit again cause BFA is so convoluted. I guess thats another topic though.

Such a missed opportunity to create hype and excitement it seems that instead, every new Xpac is a way to introduce unwanted changes (camera distance, Aoe Cap, GCD, Flying). I really do not understand how they mess with things that made the game successful in exchange for things like Covenants, Azerite, Titanforging. I remember taking days off for a launch... Don't think they have it in them to bring that back.

I think they just suck now. They really do not understand what is going on. too old may be.
    They obviously realized that they failed to accomplish their goal with the GCD changes. Players still obviously stacked their CDs because it's the most effective way of doing things. They should have known this back when the change was still on the drawing board because player behaviour is absolutely predictable. As long as something is mathematically speaking the best course of action, players will commit to it.
    Therefor the GCD change only accomplished making this game slower and less responsive for most players (somehow the worst sycophants still managed to defend this on the grounds of "it's not that bad"). All of this was 100% foreseeable. If they wanted players to stagger their CDs they should have simply introduced an internal CD for burst CDs like they did with on use trinkets.

At this point, I can't think of any other explanation than incompetence (unless their goal was to actively harm player experience).

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    In Blizzard's defense some classes were using a single macro for 6 abilities at once including trinkets, to dish out big numbers for 15 seconds and then do garbage dmg for 2.5 minutes until the stars aligned again. What kind of skill or player choices did that provide? Sure we do it now still but not to the extent that was happening before the changes.

However they went a bit overboard with how many things they placed back on the GCD so it's nice to see them opening it up again.
    GCD changes didn't change anything for these classes though. It simply made their "feel good window" of big dick DPS smaller because they had to wait before the game allowed them to actually play.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'm more convinced now than ever before that no change Blizzard ever makes to this game will ever be received positively by this community. They can provide reason but players will just skim past it, see that {insert class ability here} isn't on the list then proceed to call Blizzard retarded and smugly wait for any of the endless number of people who agree with these shallow takes to quote block them in agreement. Even if Blizzard fully removed the GCD altogether, 2/3rds of the players on this forum would simply bitch about how it's "too little, too late," and that "Blizzard already irreversibly ruined the game." There are no more level-headed discussions about design philosophy or ways to handle class balance. If you even try to bring a small amount of levity into a discussion you're immediately derided as a "worthless shill," because nobody wants to challenge their viewpoints anymore. We just want a happy echo chamber where everybody can lament the downfall of their once-favorite game and we can all agree that Blizzard sucks and hates its players.

For what it's worth, half measures like this rarely go over well with the community but I think it's a step in the right direction if Blizzard is going to be insistent on designing the game around the existence of a GCD.
    I mean, what do you expect? This was a change that A) no one asked for B) failed to accomplish its stated goal C) made the game less fun for a lot of players. It took them more 2 years of constant criticism to partially revert these changes and their reason for as to why they're finally reverting it was stated again and again as soon as they announced this change pre-BfA. Are we supposed to fall on our knees and thank them for rectifying a dumb mistake when it was long overdue?
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-09-02 at 06:24 PM.

Paladin auras still on GCD , *yawn* wake me up when they realize how shit that is. Goodnight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    Because they have bestial wrath that is used way more often and is still on gcd.
    So? it makes no sense at all when frost mage got icy veins off the gcd then

1) its way more powerfull than trueshot

2) rune of power will auto apply if you pick the talent

3) it's the only offensive cd mages have (time warp is off the gcd already, mirror image is a defensive cd so is alter time)

So...why did they got away with that but MM and Surv got screwed? yeah, im salty af about that UwU

And to make things worse, i dnt have beta acess to go to hunter feedback thread Q.Q

I just hope its a foresigh and blizz will fix it soon™
    Last edited by Pigglix; 2020-09-02 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    All you've demonstrated then is you lack memory capacity.

If youtuber opinions matter to you, you'd be better off watching your Kardashian shows.
    Of course their opinion matters. The same as my, and yours, matters. I also like to watch them and see if they match with mine.
    There’s also sometimes I might think a feature is shit, or amazing, and watching and hearing other people’s perspectives can sometimes change that.
    It’s also a reason I watch a variety. I find T&E and Hazelnutty’s generally good outlooks are a good counter to Bellular and Preach’s pessimistic tendencies. Kalani usually has a good balance.
    So yeah, I watch them, and I tend to listen to their opinions. That doesn’t mean I don’t form my own or disagree with things they say. That’s called being an adult and making informed choices.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    1) its way more powerfull than trueshot
    Not sure what world you live in but IV is a ~1% dps gain. It was their go-to example of a bad cooldown, and they didn’t even attempt to fix it either by cooldown length or the rank 2 being at all useful.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Your feelings are your own problem, and no one else's.

If pushing a key on your keyboard "feels bad" seek professional help.
    You're having a bad day I guess? It's not like pressing a key on my keyboard makes me depressed or actually makes me feel bad. The using of a DPS cooldown with a GCD feels bad. Also, my "feelings" make up the high majority of all Reddit, WoW Forum, and MMO-Champion posts back when they first added the GCD to those abilities in the first place. They'd come up in every single guild/PUG raid in WoW. They'd come up in every single BG. It was the topic of Trade chat for about half of every day for like a month. Then it still continued to come up every day but finally started becoming less and less common. Because of this, I've been thoroughly shocked that this thread isn't 99% full of "hell yeah!" replies. Instead, people are simply wanting more than they ever had to begin with, which is to be expected and I should have expected.

Your feelings, on the other hand, are your own problem and no one else's. You could also seek professional help, if you so choose, but I'd assume your case would be the attempt to control your outlashing feelings that seem to overpower your sanity. Maybe you should not think people actually "feel bad" for pressing a key on a keyboard and read words in the context in which they are used in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Not sure what world you live in but IV is a ~1% dps gain. It was their go-to example of a bad cooldown, and they didn’t even attempt to fix it either by cooldown length or the rank 2 being at all useful.
    okay, i might have be a little bit "overboard", but the fact is both spells works the same way. Trueshot is even worse now, with the increased focus cost for aimed shot and reduced focus gen from rapid fire.

So my question is, why one got off the gcd while the other remains? makes no sense at all, it's almost like blizz went full arbitrary mode or is just a marketing stuff like, next week they will make a blue post with the tittle: here, more spells off the gcd! forget about covenants for a bit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    You're having a bad day I guess? It's not like pressing a key on my keyboard makes me depressed or actually makes me feel bad. The using of a DPS cooldown with a GCD feels bad. Also, my "feelings" make up the high majority of all Reddit, WoW Forum, and MMO-Champion posts back when they first added the GCD to those abilities in the first place. They'd come up in every single guild/PUG raid in WoW. They'd come up in every single BG. It was the topic of Trade chat for about half of every day for like a month. Then it still continued to come up every day but finally started becoming less and less common. Because of this, I've been thoroughly shocked that this thread isn't 99% full of "hell yeah!" replies. Instead, people are simply wanting more than they ever had to begin with, which is to be expected and I should have expected.

Your feelings, on the other hand, are your own problem and no one else's. You could also seek professional help, if you so choose, but I'd assume your case would be the attempt to control your outlashing feelings that seem to overpower your sanity. Maybe you should not think people actually "feel bad" for pressing a key on a keyboard and read words in the context in which they are used in the future.
    MMO-Champion is the official home of contrarians who's only purpose in life is to annoy anybody they can by championing utter garbage. Blizzard could force players to wear a shock collar and electric nipple clamps that jolted you whenever you opened your inventory these people would be on here telling those of us who didn't like it that we're "entitled" and "need to get lives". Then they'd go off and randomly find some tiny example of pro-shock collar S&M fan players and elevate their whacko opinions.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    MMO-Champion is the official home of contrarians who's only purpose in life is to annoy anybody they can by championing utter garbage. Blizzard could force players to wear a shock collar and electric nipple clamps that jolted you whenever you opened your inventory these people would be on here telling those of us who didn't like it that we're "entitled" and "need to get lives". Then they'd go off and randomly find some tiny example of pro-shock collar S&M fan players and elevate their whacko opinions.
    Maybe shock collars are fun in the bedroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Shaman:

Ancestral Guidance... but what about Ascendance and Feral Spirit...

Thanks for nothing Blizzard.

Edit: Most other classes get their offensive cooldowns off-GCD, for example Warrior and Paladin. Why not Shamans? Because they are Shamans? That "additional buff" for Restoration's Ascendance is no excuse having both Ascendance and Feral Spirit on-GCD.
    I'm not going to defend Ascendance GCD, but I'm fairly sure every ability that summons a pet or guardian (that includes Feral Spirit) is on the GCD, for every class. I wonder if that's a design choice or some sort of limitation, never really gave it much thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    okay, i might have be a little bit "overboard", but the fact is both spells works the same way. Trueshot is even worse now, with the increased focus cost for aimed shot and reduced focus gen from rapid fire.

So my question is, why one got off the gcd while the other remains? makes no sense at all, it's almost like blizz went full arbitrary mode or is just a marketing stuff like, next week they will make a blue post with the tittle: here, more spells off the gcd! forget about covenants for a bit!
    Well, they want people in the beta who play for 10 minutes just messing with the character creation and then not touch it again. Oh <3 random invites...
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2020-09-02 at 07:09 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Great, now just tank alllll tank defensives off the GCD, kthx

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    What is wrong with covenants ?
    You pick one and then you can't switch. So yeah, good luck if you play a hybrid. Also good luck if you enjoy more than one aspect of the game.

I know Blizzard will fix it with 9.1 or 9.2, might be better off just skipping the first half of the expansion until that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Maybe shock collars are fun in the bedroom.
    Probably not though haha.

Gotta love the people that, whenever a good change comes around go like; "ah yes, now perhaps if they do x and y this expansion may be borderline mediocre, which is certainly an improvement *sips wine*"

Like fuck off, Shadowlands does not look like a bad expansion at all. It has issues as every product does, but to even pretend it will be as bad as BFA is insanity. Honestly for a launch expansion I think it will top Legion and WoD for sure.

Just revert to old GCD. So much stuff is missing, like frenzied regeneration, light of the protector, dancing rune weapon, etc. That GCD change only made the game feel worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Just revert to old GCD. So much stuff is missing, like frenzied regeneration, light of the protector, dancing rune weapon, etc. That GCD change only made the game feel worse.
    Not really imho i rather have this then final fantsays version alot worse/