Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i expected us to have to deal with this garbage for another expansion.. thank goodness. There are still some that feel very weird to have on GCD. Frenzied regen for guardian and dark transformation for unholy. Thanks for these changes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Not really imho i rather have this then final fantsays version alot worse/
    What? Old way GCD was, was nowhere near FFXIV. All defensives and CDs were off cooldown, that's pretty much it. Makes reactive gameplay feel better and offensive cooldowns don't feel like a deadweight gcd.

The only defensive thing that was always on the GCD was deathstrike.

Good.

Now revert the entire, retarded CGD change and MAYBE, I will be able to enjoy my class again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Gotta love the people that, whenever a good change comes around go like; "ah yes, now perhaps if they do x and y this expansion may be borderline mediocre, which is certainly an improvement *sips wine*"

Like fuck off, Shadowlands does not look like a bad expansion at all. It has issues as every product does, but to even pretend it will be as bad as BFA is insanity. Honestly for a launch expansion I think it will top Legion and WoD for sure.
    Being slightly better than garbage is a pretty low bar to clear, because Legion and WoD were terrible at launch. WoD didn't get better at any point, and it took them about a year to get Legion to somewhere other than a complete RNG shitshow with Legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Gotta love the people that, whenever a good change comes around go like; "ah yes, now perhaps if they do x and y this expansion may be borderline mediocre, which is certainly an improvement *sips wine*"

Like fuck off, Shadowlands does not look like a bad expansion at all. It has issues as every product does, but to even pretend it will be as bad as BFA is insanity. Honestly for a launch expansion I think it will top Legion and WoD for sure.
    Yes, lets compare it to literally the two worst expansions in wow history and call it a day... Really??
    You're the only one coming of as insane xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I mean, what do you expect? This was a change that A) no one asked for B) failed to accomplish its stated goal C) made the game less fun for a lot of players. It took them more 2 years of constant criticism to partially revert these changes and their reason for as to why they're finally reverting it was stated again and again as soon as they announced this change pre-BfA. Are we supposed to fall on our knees and thank them for rectifying a dumb mistake when it was long overdue?
    I see this a lot and it always bothers me. "Nobody asked for the GCD change," is plainly obvious. But what people did ask for is less reliance on "one-shot macros" in PvP, easier-to-tune classes and rotations which were less reliant on raw input and more reliant on actual skill. The GCD change is obviously very unpopular on this forum but I think a lot of people present this argument that Blizzard added it just to fuck with their players while simultaneously ignoring the very practical reasons they decided to use this approach. I will agree that I think the end-result was less-than-satisfactory but it's incredibly disingenuous to say that it was implemented for the sole purpose of being disruptive to players.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    But what people did ask for is less reliance on "one-shot macros" in PvP
    If that was their true motive, they wouldn't have added trinkets off the GCD like Drest & remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh View Post
    If that was their true motive, they wouldn't have added trinkets off the GCD like Drest & remote.
    I agree. There's a surprising lack of consistency in Blizzard's actions. But just because it's inconsistent doesn't mean they're actively trolling their playerbase as is often the tagline you see touted on forums.

I see this a lot and it always bothers me. "Nobody asked for the GCD change," is plainly obvious. But what people did ask for is less reliance on "one-shot macros" in PvP, easier-to-tune classes and rotations which were less reliant on raw input and more reliant on actual skill. The GCD change is obviously very unpopular on this forum but I think a lot of people present this argument that Blizzard added it just to fuck with their players while simultaneously ignoring the very practical reasons they decided to use this approach. I will agree that I think the end-result was less-than-satisfactory but it's incredibly disingenuous to say that it was implemented for the sole purpose of being disruptive to players.
    If you read the rest of my post you'll realise that I didn't say they did it with bad intentions. It was simply a dysfunctional solution to a problem that didn't exist for high end players. The big issue with GCD changes always was that it was glaringly obvious that they simply wouldn't accomplish Blizzard's stated goal and people pointed that out from the start.

Then again, Blizzard repeatedly worded things in the worst possible ways. Many here probably won't remember this but they literally justified big demo nerfs back in WoD with "we'd rather you not play Demonology" (in hindsight probably to soften the blow that demo would lose meta to DH).
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-09-02 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. There's a surprising lack of consistency in Blizzard's actions. But just because it's inconsistent doesn't mean they're actively trolling their playerbase as is often the tagline you see touted on forums.
    I mean... Did you not see the Hunter's Mark change in this build? That's basically trolling at this point.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

This is a good change.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Yes, lets compare it to literally the two worst expansions in wow history and call it a day... Really??
    You're the only one coming of as insane xD
    Legion was one of the best, what are you smoking?

Also WoD had a strong start (and a good leveling experience), it was the post launch content that fell off a cliff.

For that matter, BFA had a strong start, but it also fell off a cliff, especially story-wise. I quit in early 8.1 and only recently came back to finish some things up.

For me, MoP, Wrath and Legion are all roughly tied for best expansion, but for different reasons. Vanilla is mostly good memories.

A lot of this is subjective though. I can admit TBC is a solid expansion but I hated it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    If you read the rest of my post you'll realise that I didn't say they did it with bad intentions. It was simply a dysfunctional solution to a problem that didn't exist for high end players.
    That's also part of the inherent issue with changes like this. Only "high-end" players likely even noticed the change. As shitty as it is, it seems an intentional outcome of the change was to stratify the skill gap between "high-end" and the other 95% of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    THANK YOU.

Such a small thing, but also a huge thing.
    Just having AR and Vendetta on the GCD changed how it felt to play my rogue.

Glad Blizz listened and welcome back fast fun gameplay =) .
    Still waiting for Trueshot, Doubletap, and Coordinated Assault...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Legion was one of the best, what are you smoking?

Also WoD had a strong start (and a good leveling experience), it was the post launch content that fell off a cliff.

For that matter, BFA had a strong start, but it also fell off a cliff, especially story-wise. I quit in early 8.1 and only recently came back to finish some things up.

For me, MoP, Wrath and Legion are all roughly tied for best expansion, but for different reasons. Vanilla is mostly good memories.

A lot of this is subjective though. I can admit TBC is a solid expansion but I hated it lol
    Sadly, nothing in these dry ass corona times...

Legion made me quit wow for the first time (played since early BC...)
    True on the subjective part, I had by far the most fun in cataclysm(but that was more about the guild and friends I was playing with at the time) but it's a split decision between MoP and wrath for my favorite expansion. Probably mop, the raids and class rotations were just sublime in every aspect, for me.

That's also part of the inherent issue with changes like this. Only "high-end" players likely even noticed the change. As shitty as it is, it seems an intentional outcome of the change was to stratify the skill gap between "high-end" and the other 95% of players.
    Not what they stated though. I mean, we all guessed as much back then because especially in PvP these changes gave slower, less knowlegeable players a lot more time to react. But even if this was their goal I'd argue that it's still a very questionable decision that overall does more harm than good.

this B team of diablo devs man....

they keep reversing longtime hard thought decisions, from the founders that led to the highest peaks, and then realize it was bad to cancel it and change it back

we're just an ant farm to the new B team that has done legion/bfa/shadowlands

Boy.... Wtf?!?! Trueshot aura is not off gcd?!?! What the bawk?

Good and fantastic change to start healing the self inflicted gunshot wound that was the GCD change in BFA.

Now just need WW to get SEF and/or energizing elixir off the GCD and it may flow well again.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    There are people who generally like having sex with a meatgrinder too but these folks usually end up in an institution or removing themselves from the gene pool.
    So you're aware that you're equating those who either like or are indifferent to the GCD changes in BFA, to those who are mentally deranged or suicidal?

That'll be a "yikes" from me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    they are fucking stubborn idiots,
    Mmmmmmmhmmmmmm...

Yea, right. Not going to waste my time since you obviously are not here for a discussion. Moving on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    They should not implement stupid changes that N O B O D Y asked for or wanted to begin with.
    Soooo... no shaman on the Alliance or paladins on the Horde?

No blood elves?

No draenei?

No worgen?

No Mage Tower?

No 10/25 raids?

No LFR?

Etc, etc....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i would say with certainty that the people calling for this change are people who weren't around pre cataclysm era, because if they were, then they would never want those days back in terms of GCD locking, just as a history lesson you could literally macro the blood DK DPS rotation and go afk because it was GCD locked, you literally couldn't do anything else during combat there was no 'immersive decision making' as they are trying to spin it, and that's just one example among many, and yes it was very much a 'manufactured problem' by blizzard themselves because if you're using 1 shots in PVP as your justification for the change then i have some bad news for you but 1 shots in PVP have existed as long as the game has been around, you had the old 5 minute mage back in classic, or the swifty 1 shot macro, in TBC it was spirit warlocks destroying everything in sight, in wrath you had a plethora of classes/specs that could easily global you regardless of gear and then shadowmourne just added insult to injury in the final season, cata was the first time we saw major PVP tuning done to try to limit the 1 shot spam after they added the new mastery stats, so again i reiterate my point of REGRESSING instead of INNOVATING which is exactly what this GCD change at the start of BFA was, it was done to artificially slow the game down because blizz weren't happy with players playing how they wanted and is yet another example of 'play our way or not at all' mindset in the dev team.
    Just because one-shots existed since the game's inception doesn't mean that Blizzard shouldn't eventually try to fix it, or diminish the problem. And also: saying that the problem existed since the game's launch doesn't mean the problem stayed "the same" or didn't get worse as the game's life went on, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Soooo... no shaman on the Alliance or paladins on the Horde?

No blood elves?

No draenei?

No worgen?

No Mage Tower?

No 10/25 raids?

No LFR?

Etc, etc....
    More than half of your list is stuff that players actually asked for, before it was added to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.