The WW monk changes today

How do u feel about them

What changes? This is what they said:

"We’ve been working hard to address the many bugs that have been submitted, with a focus on those bugs that are impacting testing, and we expect to have Monk testing in a much better place with next week’s build of the Shadowlands Beta (the first week of September).

Our goal is to make use of the feedback we’ve received here and elsewhere, with respect to Covenant class abilities, core class abilities, and legendaries. Thank you for your commitment to providing us with so much valuable information. Please look for more updates next week!"

Yet what came of it was a 15sec reduction to paralysis, and taking the most bugged CD off the GCD, making it even more likely that your first ability won't be copied.
    No meaningful changes whatsoever, not to the class, spec, or covenants; I love monk, esp WW, but this class is dead not just to me, but clearly to blizz as well

If they added Energizing Elixir baseline+off GCD (or even just removed from GCD) and SEF off the GCD and then fixed bugs I think I'd be happy. Playing WW monk is like 90% figuring out what is bugged and not scaling correctly and building+playing correctly around that.

They really just need to do some baseline script changes to how some WW stuff works to future proof it. It seems like they have to individually make sure everything works correctly with WW everytime they add something new.

Apparently an ability I don't spec into went off the GCD? That's all I heard happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

They should work on the identity of WW monks more than anything, honestly. Right now, other than a few PvP talents, there isn’t really anything that makes a WW monk “walk the winds”. Our attacks aren’t wind based. Our utility isn’t wind based (other than a boring movement speed passive), our defense isn’t wind based.

WW monks have a severe identity crisis

Monk in general and Windwalker in perticular need a visual revamp. They are so freaking bland. Other than that I dont see any major changes. I wish they would bring back Tigereye Brew baseline

I wonder if we can go hard into cooldown reduction with the Weapons of Order changes by ignoring our mastery and spam BoK.
    BoK reduces the cooldown of RSK and FoF by 2 seconds and in a 5 second window after using RSK it is completely free.

So for example, we could do
    FoF -> TP -> WoO -> RSK -> 3x BoK -> RSK -> 2x BoK -> TP -> BoK -> TP -> RSK -> FoF

This would cut the cooldown of FoF in half, more or less, and let us do 3 RSK's in ~12 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    I wonder if we can go hard into cooldown reduction with the Weapons of Order changes by ignoring our mastery and spam BoK.
    BoK reduces the cooldown of RSK and FoF by 2 seconds and in a 5 second window after using RSK it is completely free.

So for example, we could do
    FoF -> TP -> WoO -> RSK -> 3x BoK -> RSK -> 2x BoK -> TP -> BoK -> TP -> RSK -> FoF

This would cut the cooldown of FoF in half, more or less, and let us do 3 RSK's in ~12 seconds.
    It's a possibility that we will end up spamming BOK.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

just turn us into an air bender from avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    just turn us into an air bender from avatar.
    Would love to see the focus changed from chi and pandaren wild gods to instead be the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by truevalon View Post
    Would love to see the focus changed from chi and pandaren wild gods to instead be the elements.
    It would be pretty cool. It seems like it steps on Shaman toes a bit, but the notion of Dark Shamanism is already out there, so maybe they could twist that into being a monk thing all along somehow (manipulating one's own chi is manipulating spirit of life for starters).

There is already potential for wild gods teachings to translate and transition into elements like Xuen lightning, Niuzao earth, Yu'lon life, and Chi'ji fire if a route of slowly pivoting the class in a transition away from chi and wild gods was going to be done. I'm not sure they'd ever completely abandon the force of chi, but I guess I could see them moving it to another class from monk if it were more appropriate. But what class would that even be? Runemaster? Runes are versatile so I guess they could be anything - even chi from one's own body, probably appropriate considering rune tattoos. In any case I do agree monk theme has always seemed lacking, though I've always thought a Light approach like the Scarlet monk varients was more appropriate.

I'm personally not feeling the Tab target Jab mobs to increase AoE skill damage change. However, I'm not primarily PvE focused with my Monk so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I'd like them to push the Monk aesthetic in the direction of games like Nioh 2 and anime like Naruto. They are kind of doing that with the baselining all Monk spec summons (see Nioh 2 Yokai spirits). I think that change was to make the class more flashy, in order to increase the number of people playing it. I think adding a Lucio style wall run and someway to prevent fall damage would boost that number even more.

I really wish my Monk actually got to use his 2 handed (shadowlands) or dual wielded (non fist) weapons. Simply allowing every race of Monk to use the corresponding Pandaren weapon animations would do the trick IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    Monk in general and Windwalker in perticular need a visual revamp. They are so freaking bland
    The defining caracteristic of monks is that they are pretty bland in real life as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Astator View Post
    The defining caracteristic of monks is that they are pretty bland in real life as well.
    True, but the effects look outdated compared to the updated spell effects of the other classes. Warriors are pretty bland too, but their spells look pretty cool.