Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Another week with no changes to Demonology

    Demonology is the worst dps spec of the game on Shadowlands Beta. It gets 0 changes, 0 blue posts, and 0 everything. Not like Shadow Priest, the beloved child of the dev team. A spec with literally no weak points now.

    Why Shadow does get a rework, and Demon doesnt?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Demonology is the worst dps spec of the game on Shadowlands Beta. It gets 0 changes, 0 blue posts, and 0 everything. Not like Shadow Priest, the beloved child of the dev team. A spec with literally no weak points now.

    Why Shadow does get a rework, and Demon doesnt?
    actually, apparently they nerfed demonic consumption.

    enjoy.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Ontario, CAN
    Posts
    4,707
    Shadow Priest, the beloved child of the dev team
    Well theres something I never thought I'd read. What's next, elemental shaman are the favourite?

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Nemah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Well theres something I never thought I'd read. What's next, elemental shaman are the favourite?
    As someone waiting for yet another demo rework or at least smoothing, I have to agree with you there, LOL. What wha whattttt moment.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Demonology is the worst dps spec of the game on Shadowlands Beta. It gets 0 changes, 0 blue posts, and 0 everything. Not like Shadow Priest, the beloved child of the dev team. A spec with literally no weak points now. Why Shadow does get a rework, and Demon doesnt?
    Hyperbole serves nothing. There has been a few changes but the spec does not need a complete rework. You might not like the way the spec is now but that isn't the same as being objectively bad or in need of change. Demonology has had a lot of attention over the years. Its fine to not be in the spotlight.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Demonology is the worst dps spec of the game on Shadowlands Beta. It gets 0 changes, 0 blue posts, and 0 everything. Not like Shadow Priest, the beloved child of the dev team. A spec with literally no weak points now.

    Why Shadow does get a rework, and Demon doesnt?
    Because Priests have no alternative to Shadow if they want to dps. Warlocks on the other hands have two other specs that work just fine, so they get pushed down on the priority list.

  7. #7
    Wait, you are the guy who thinks they should change a perfectly fine spec (demo) just because they changed a controversial spec (shadow)

    Not sure if this needed another thread but Blizzard shouldn't change stuff that works just because people want something new. You can always level up a Shadow Priest if you think they have it that good.

  8. #8
    shadow has been one of the worst specs to play for the last 2 years, not sure where the favorite spec thing is coming from

    Sure their damage was good, but it was all artificial bloat from overpowered azerite traits that made the hilariously unfun class appear good.

    Demo on the other hand had a fun rotation with impsplosion but was far to turrety to be strong

  9. #9
    I would be fine if Demonology wasn't changed all that much, personally.

    As little as I cared for BFA, I was satisfied with Demonology's gameplay throughout the expansion. If Shadowlands is more of the same with some different seasoning, then honestly, I'm all for it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Because Priests have no alternative to Shadow if they want to dps. Warlocks on the other hands have two other specs that work just fine, so they get pushed down on the priority list.
    “Works just fine”

    That’s an understatement.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    “Works just fine”

    That’s an understatement.
    Well I don't expect Destruction and Affliction to go live in their current Beta state where they are pretty much OPAF in one or more game modes. They will get hefty nerfs.

    The only place where non-mushroom warlocks are not great at the moment in Beta is PvP.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well I don't expect Destruction and Affliction to go live in their current Beta state where they are pretty much OPAF in one or more game modes. They will get hefty nerfs.

    The only place where non-mushroom warlocks are not great at the moment in Beta is PvP.
    “No king rules forever... except warlocks”

  13. #13
    Pandaren Monk Lulbalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Barely Duelist
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well I don't expect Destruction and Affliction to go live in their current Beta state where they are pretty much OPAF in one or more game modes. They will get hefty nerfs.

    The only place where non-mushroom warlocks are not great at the moment in Beta is PvP.
    There are changes coming to aff and probably at least one of the other specs.

    Likely see something tomorrow possibly early next week.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    There are changes coming to aff and probably at least one of the other specs.

    Likely see something tomorrow possibly early next week.
    I really hope they will bring out big nerfs and balance passes very soon, right now it's hard to make sense of things. Some are obvious like Aff execute build, Destruction M+ or Sub rogue broken lego. But some are big questions like whether Necro covenant is really opieop or it just feeds nicely into circumstances and will Night Fae will be less useless going forward.

    I hope there will be time to test what we will actually get live, because it's obviously ain't it right now.

    Heck latest build subtle changes suddenly spiked Demo into stratosphere too with broken legendary and dogs build doing ludicrous DPS in M+, though that one is obviously bugged.

  15. #15
    It took them so damn long to get demo in a good place, so just hope for good tuning and enjoy it while it lasts. Be careful asking for changes because before you know it you will have an eclipse bar again.

    And also lol @ spriests being the beloved child of the devs. They turned void form into a talent almost four years after it was strongly suggested to them by the community, and two years after first promising a rework.

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk Lulbalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Barely Duelist
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I really hope they will bring out big nerfs and balance passes very soon, right now it's hard to make sense of things. Some are obvious like Aff execute build, Destruction M+ or Sub rogue broken lego. But some are big questions like whether Necro covenant is really opieop or it just feeds nicely into circumstances and will Night Fae will be less useless going forward.

    I hope there will be time to test what we will actually get live, because it's obviously ain't it right now.

    Heck latest build subtle changes suddenly spiked Demo into stratosphere too with broken legendary and dogs build doing ludicrous DPS in M+, though that one is obviously bugged.
    Agree, some accurate sense of where specs are number-wise would be nice.

    Fingers crossed. I'm hearing that due to the holiday they might be delayed a little but 'people' are still hopefully tomorrow will be the day (I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say here exactly lol).

    Also I am very much arena focused and so are the people i hear things from.. so that might be most of the focus on this round of aff/x changes.

    We're getting dangerously close to final state with these :s

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It took them so damn long to get demo in a good place, so just hope for good tuning and enjoy it while it lasts. Be careful asking for changes because before you know it you will have an eclipse bar again.

    And also lol @ spriests being the beloved child of the devs. They turned void form into a talent almost four years after it was strongly suggested to them by the community, and two years after first promising a rework.
    Yea this is def not the case - devs favoring spriest, if spriest sucks at launch; you can be sure it will suck for a LONG time.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Agree, some accurate sense of where specs are number-wise would be nice.

    Fingers crossed. I'm hearing that due to the holiday they might be delayed a little but 'people' are still hopefully tomorrow will be the day (I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say here exactly lol).

    Also I am very much arena focused and so are the people i hear things from.. so that might be most of the focus on this round of aff/x changes.

    We're getting dangerously close to final state with these :s

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yea this is def not the case - devs favoring spriest, if spriest sucks at launch; you can be sure it will suck for a LONG time.
    Isn't that the case for any spec? Demo has been trash since the Legion rework outside some sporadic implosive potential gimmicks that quickly got fixed. Feral druid (since forever) and windwalker monk also have sucked ass since the Legion rework for most of their existence.

    Often it has to do with the mechanics of a spec or very hamfisted nerfs (like the obscene mark of the crane nerf, and how monks were target capped 2 expansions before everyone else in SL).

  18. #18
    Pandaren Monk Lulbalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Barely Duelist
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Isn't that the case for any spec? Demo has been trash since the Legion rework outside some sporadic implosive potential gimmicks that quickly got fixed. Feral druid (since forever) and windwalker monk also have sucked ass since the Legion rework for most of their existence.

    Often it has to do with the mechanics of a spec or very hamfisted nerfs (like the obscene mark of the crane nerf, and how monks were target capped 2 expansions before everyone else in SL).
    WW is really strong in pvp which is where my focus is mostly but the point is still relevant.. also reinforces what I was getting at - spriest isn't special.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Not like Shadow Priest, the beloved child of the dev team.
    Wait.
    What???

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    Wait.
    What???
    Don't listen to Shandralar. They're convinced that Warlocks are super duper oppressed despite consistently being at or near the top of the damage and also being pretty fun to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •