SL BETA Atonement Duration

I was going through the last build and among spell changes, there is this change to Atonement:

Discipline
    Atonement Power Word: Shield, Shadow Mend, and Power Word: Radiance apply applies Atonement to your target for 15 30 sec. Your spell damage heals all targets affected by Atonement for 50% of the damage done. Priest - Discipline Spec. Priest - Discipline Spec.

Does it mean that we are getting one part of Trinity PvP talent baseline? If we will, what does it mean for us? I guess it is good for dungs and arenas, but terrible for raids and RBGs.

What do you think?

There are no changes to Atonement in the latest build. The section that relates to 30s Atonement is purely a tooltip change for when you select the pvp talent Trinity.

Slightly related, but not worth opening a new topic over, I really miss the pre-legion version of Atonement healing. I enjoy alot of what Legion did to classes (for the most part), but Atonement is one of the changes I didn't like, it feels a bit clunky to have to heal or put a shield on someone, and then start actually putting in the spellwork to heal them.

I dunno, preference thing I guess, I just miss being able to unload into an enemy, and watch people get healed. Perhaps a comrpomise could be that people you have directly healed or shielded get focused on healing for a duration?

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Yeah, I've been sticking to holy for the past 4 years for the same reason. When I get the craving to micromanage buffs on the raid, I play druid, it's a lot more enjoyable than atonement management.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    There are no changes to Atonement in the latest build. The section that relates to 30s Atonement is purely a tooltip change for when you select the pvp talent Trinity.
    Thank you for clarification, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Slightly related, but not worth opening a new topic over, I really miss the pre-legion version of Atonement healing. I enjoy alot of what Legion did to classes (for the most part), but Atonement is one of the changes I didn't like, it feels a bit clunky to have to heal or put a shield on someone, and then start actually putting in the spellwork to heal them.

I dunno, preference thing I guess, I just miss being able to unload into an enemy, and watch people get healed. Perhaps a comrpomise could be that people you have directly healed or shielded get focused on healing for a duration?
    I have similar feelings. I would like to have Atonement function as a smart heal which automaticly heals limited number of injuried allies no matter if I casted heal/shield on them before and then have a spell on CD which either increase number of allies atonoment can heal or greatly increase healing transfered through Atonement. In that way, regular atonement healing would function as a maintanance healing in between your rotation, topping your party and in case you need burst healing, you have tool for that as well. It would be way more smooth, since you would not need to spend time applying atonement buff.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-09-03 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    That is so disappointing. I was considering playing Priest again when I saw that change, but now I think i will stick to druid. Personally, atonement feels like a wack-a-mole that too stressful to be fun. I would have been awesome to have a longer duration but only proc by PW:S. That opens up so many possibilities and does away of the hyper-micro mentality that Disc has.

Lost opportunity there to do something awesome.