Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your favourite new IPs

Many of the old IP greats continue to disappoint, even faves like D.C. comics, marvel, Star Wars.

But what about new ones? Any new IPs, movies series or games are worth it in your opinion

127.0.0.1 will always be the GOAT

How is Marvel disappointing? They just wrapped up one of the greatest cinematic achievements. Endgame was The Return of the King of comic book movies.

I can't think of any NEW IP's, because Hollywood isn't really interested in making new ones, but rather investing in reviving or continuing proven ones. The Dragon Ball IP is something that continues to excite me since its revival and the introduction of multiple universes, even though it's kind of on a break right now, likely due to the pandemic as with everything else. I'd love it if Netflix is successful with the Saint Seiya IP.

This is actually a really interesting topic
    Hmm, it depends on how you define "a new IP"

I like a TV series called "The Expanse" that has been going for 5 years now I think, can we call it a new IP? :P
    I really enjoyed also Love, Simon movie/Love, Victor tv series
    Also, "new" Sabrina TV series is pretty sick but I think it's coming to a season finale
    As for games I don't find anything particularly great, but I installed Divinity: Original Sin II lately and it's a great and hard game, so I'm waiting for Baldur's Gate III but they aren't new IP's, just new games... hmm

I'm interested in what you guys have to say

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    How is Marvel disappointing? They just wrapped up one of the greatest cinematic achievements. Endgame was The Return of the King of comic book movies.
    The upcoming roster really looks shit. The writing seems on the wa.

The wind seems to have shifted. But there might be a few exceptions. Do you see anything new incoming that’s really got you excited with Marvel? Pls share.

FYI , End game wasn’t that great.

I can't think of any NEW IP's, because Hollywood isn't really interested in making new ones, but rather investing in reviving or continuing proven ones.
    Yeh and many overall seem to be worse than the originals, even when they are good.
    The Dragon Ball IP is something that continues to excite me since its revival and the introduction of multiple universes, even though it's kind of on a break right now, likely due to the pandemic as with everything else. I'd love it if Netflix is successful with the Saint Seiya IP.
    There is also the Lord of the rings series and the Wheel of Time.

I really hope they’d be great, but with each reboot and the current climate in Hollywood. Hope dwindles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    This is actually a really interesting topic
    Hmm, it depends on how you define "a new IP"

I like a TV series called "The Expanse" that has been going for 5 years now I think, can we call it a new IP? :P
    I really enjoyed also Love, Simon movie/Love, Victor tv series
    Also, "new" Sabrina TV series is pretty sick but I think it's coming to a season finale
    As for games I don't find anything particularly great, but I installed Divinity: Original Sin II lately and it's a great and hard game, so I'm waiting for Baldur's Gate III but they aren't new IP's, just new games... hmm

I'm interested in what you guys have to say
    Yes. I loved the Expanse too, also quite enjoyed Altered Carbon, they are both new, and I like them for what they are, I liked the older ones for what they were too, but new reboots seem to just not fit. I liked Discovery, not Picard, but they’re very different from the original shows too.

Was just watching TNG recently, while I like Disc, it feels different, more Star Warsy which is cool but not so nice

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post

The wind seems to have shifted. But there might be a few exceptions. Do you see anything new incoming that’s really got you excited with Marvel? Pls share.
    The last phase basically opened the doors for the MCU to get involved in the Cosmic and Multiversal side of things which is where shit really gets crazy. There are good reasons to be skeptical about whether those stories could really transfer to the big screen but if they do well it could be magnificent.

Rogue debuting in Captain Marvel 2? Namor and Dr. Doom debuting in Black Panther 2? The Eternals' connection to mutants? Omega Red and other mutants potentially debuting in Shang Chi. The Mandarin done proper in Shang Chi? Dr. Strange 2 directed by Sam Raimi, the same guy who directed the Tobey MaGuire Spider-man trilogy. I'm excited for what Kevin Feige will do with The Fantastic 4 and X-Men, mostly because FOX did a less than stellar job with both titles.

Yeah, Endgame wasn't great, but Infinity War was. I'd probably shave off like an hour of Endgame.

Rogue debuting in Captain Marvel 2? Namor and Dr. Doom debuting in Black Panther 2? The Eternals' connection to mutants? Omega Red and other mutants potentially debuting in Shang Chi. The Mandarin done proper in Shang Chi? Dr. Strange 2 directed by Sam Raimi, the same guy who directed the Tobey MaGuire Spider-man trilogy. I'm excited for what Kevin Feige will do with The Fantastic 4 and X-Men, mostly because FOX did a less than stellar job with both titles.

Yeah, Endgame wasn't great, but Infinity War was. I'd probably shave off like an hour of Endgame.
    I think the only one of those titles I'm looking forward to is probably Dr Strange 2.

CM2 - not excited
    THe Eternals - seems like crap
    Omega REd mutants? more crap

Fantasttic 4 and X-men - we'll see, impossible to tell, but beware of being too excited about heroes - for all the hype and idolising of JJ Abrams, Chris Nolan etc, look at the stuff they're coming out with.

Black Panther 2, with the main lead dead, .

Omega REd mutants? more crap
    You lost me there. Omega Red is like my favorite X-Men villain and I've been waiting to see him on the big screen since at least 2003 when X2 came out. FOX never used him. MCU finally will, and I look forward to it. They have a pretty good track record. I can't make you excited for things. I'm just saying, you don't know what's coming and what might end up blowing you away and getting you invested again.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you're not excited about Rogue putting Brie Larson's Captain Marvel in a coma, something's wrong with you!

How is Marvel disappointing?
    Have you met me?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Have you met me?
    Yes? Enlighten me, and try not to regurgitate what has already been said ad nauseum regarding SJW, political agendas, and feminism. Convince me the MCU isn't creatively and financially successful. And... go.

10+ Year Old Account
    FYI, your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Yes? Enlighten me, and try not to regurgitate what has already been said ad nauseum regarding SJW, political agendas, and feminism. Convince me the MCU isn't creatively and financially successful. And... go.
    You've read all my criticisms before.
    And "financially successful" has never been part of it. Because we all have seen shit thrown against the wall and been financially successful.
    My critiques have alwsys been what made the comics successful...and the shitty changes they made without being logically consistent. "Civil War" was probably the worst of the lot regarding logical consistency. (I'm certain you've already seen the youtube about that. It's been posted enough.
    But my biggest hate has always been Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy...and you've read those posts as well.

Exactly. Financial success == good. See Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    As far as hollywood is concerned, probably. Who doesn't want to put the least amount of effort into something to print hundreds of millions of dollars? If people are willing to throw money at garbage, might as well take advantage.

On topic, for actual "new IPs" that didn't start out from a book, game, or other source material... TRULY new IPs:
    Stranger Things

Other "new to the show scene" IPs I love:
    The Expanse (favorite show currently)
    Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You've read all my criticisms before.
    And "financially successful" has never been part of it. Because we all have seen shit thrown against the wall and been financially successful.
    My critiques have alwsys been what made the comics successful...and the shitty changes they made without being logically consistent. "Civil War" was probably the worst of the lot regarding logical consistency. (I'm certain you've already seen the youtube about that. It's been posted enough.
    But my biggest hate has always been Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy...and you've read those posts as well.
    I think so, I recall parts. I'm not exactly a fan of Marvel comics, and certainly haven't read the Civil Wars comics. I do understand and have come to peace with film adaptations still being able to be good without having had to adapt the story frame per scene so to speak. Sure, studios take too many creative liberties (see The Dark Knight Returns turned into Batman vs. Superman) but if the end result is a coherent film that is well made, I'm satisfied. Batman vs. Superman for example, failed at being a good film adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns. Captain America: Civil War on the other hand, was a successful adaptation as in it was a good film. Of course the MCU isn't perfect, but it has had way more successes than misfires.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    I used to think Twilight was a piece of crap too, until I realized that my opinion or like-minded opinions aren't the only things that make the world go around. At the end of the day, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one and they're subjective. If 3 million pre-pubescent teenagers think Twilight is good, then obviously there's something good enough there. I'm just not the target audience, doesn't mean it's terrible. I'm not the target audience for Sesame Street either and if I sat down to watch it, I wouldn't enjoy it. Doesn't make it horrible.

I used to think Twilight was a piece of crap too, until I realized that my opinion or like-minded opinions aren't the only things that make the world go around. At the end of the day, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one and they're subjective
    I'm not sure who you're arguing with. Popular = good. That's what I said. The more popular something is the better it is. Same logic goes for unpopular things. If you're unpopular you're bad. Old town road was literally the best song in 2019. It's science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new that gets my attention but only as an adult I've been more open to new stuff. The same is with video games. Sometimes whatever is "OK" to hate on.... I usually don't join the hatewagon. I did see the first twilight movie a long time ago just to see.

It was "Ok" like it did its job and thats about it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

For games probably ghosts of tsushima and horizon zero dawn, which has been my favourite game this generation of consoles. I cant wait for the next horizon game on ps5

I can't think of any NEW IP's, because Hollywood isn't really interested in making new ones, but rather investing in reviving or continuing proven ones. The Dragon Ball IP is something that continues to excite me since its revival and the introduction of multiple universes, even though it's kind of on a break right now, likely due to the pandemic as with everything else. I'd love it if Netflix is successful with the Saint Seiya IP.
    How.... can anyone think those superhero movies are good? Mass produced crap is what it is