Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Why should you flag for PVP in order to participate in PVP? Just because it isn't Alliance vs Horde doesn't mean it's not PVP, and it seems perfectly reasonable to gate that behind the PVP option that is Warmode. And so what if opposing faction members come all the way to your capital city to take advantage of this? It's just more people for you to munch on as a ghoul. The better question is why are you so dead set on griefing people who don't want to participate in the event?
    because its not pvp. Its an invasion event. People who dont pvp should not be forced to pvp to experience the event. And where did i say i was going to grief someone? This change is not due to griefing its due to whiny ass crybabies that you seem to support that ruin all the good stuff in this game. If someone dont want to participate then go quest where noone is but changing an event for babies is sad and a fucking joke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    So... I'm going to opt to make this post right here the 'champion' of all the other posts that are complaining about the change.

I'm going to go ahead and presume here, that you weren't on the PTR when the ghoul version of the event was up.

That means you're likely getting information either from the Wotlk event, or from your favorite WoW Influencer, YouTuber, Streamer, what have you. Either way, it's second hand information at best.

I, however, went onto the PTR the moment I was aware of it being up, because the level squish and revamp was, is, and will be one of my favorite things coming to Shadowlands. I quite frequently hit the character cap of 50, and I'm into leveling, alot. So, I figured if there was one thing to test, it should be that. I'm not a high end raider, but I can contribute to testing in that way, at the least.

Exile's reach went as it did, but the issues arose when I left Exile's reach. The quests there take around 5 minutes to get done, after leaving, and then you're sent off to BFA proper. Nice and quick, right?

Let's throw in the ghouls, now. The moment you zone out of Exile's Reach, you're in Orgrimmar, or Stormwind, and guess why your loading screen is taking longer then usual. There's an army of ghouls waiting for you there that your computer is having to render. By the time you actually load in, you've already died and come back as a ghoul.

If you're like me, you get annoyed at that, so you blow yourself up, and corpse run. Realise that there's 5000 (hyperbole, but it's alot of ghouls) ghouls around. Ok, maybe it'll be fine. You res, and turn in the quest, and then immediatly get set upon by the ghouls.

Alright, this is getting silly, you blow yourself up, and figure that the guards will spawn in and deal with it... And spawn in they do. But one guard can barely take on 1 ghoul, let alone 5+. So, the guard dies.

Alright, maybe other players will respond to it. Alot of the veterans would be testing this out, right? Oh... They're just up on their flying mount watching and flying away... Or trying to fight, but dying because they're the only one trying... And that guy over there is just spamming laugh while outhealing the damage, but that's it...

Alright, so theres no end to the ghouls. Brute force it.

The quest line that takes 5 minutes suddenly takes 3 hours, because not only are they killing you on repeat, but the NPCs that you NEED to talk to are being camped as well.

That is why the original Wotlk event can't come back in the same way. War mode is a fine compromise between the two. Not everyone wants to be a ghoul. Every single event except for the Ghoul event has been optional to participate in. Suddenly forcing that onto players is fairly toxic.

And because I know it's coming, "Just don't log in" is not an option. Pre-patch is a hype moment. People WANT to log in and check it out. There is no way that people this excited would want to wait a few more days. They'll log in immediatly. Giving them breathing room is perfectly fine.

The only people upset by this is the same people who camped the new characters leaving Exile's Reach, and then pretended like they weren't impeding the whole point of the PTR by body blocking the whole entire way.
    OHHH nooes its hard to do something during an INVASION OH NOES...get over it. this is a dumb ass change made because of whiny ass babies. Tired of blizz catering to you people
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    because its not pvp. Its an invasion event. People who dont pvp should not be forced to pvp to experience the event. And where did i say i was going to grief someone? This change is not due to griefing its due to whiny ass crybabies that you seem to support that ruin all the good stuff in this game. If someone dont want to participate then go quest where noone is but changing an event for babies is sad and a fucking joke

- - - Updated - - -

OHHH nooes its hard to do something during an INVASION OH NOES...get over it. this is a dumb ass change made because of whiny ass babies. Tired of blizz catering to you people

And I am tired of people like you expecting them to make things only the way you want it to be done. So who do they 'cater' to? You, me? Either way 1 side is not gonna be happy. Get over it. You have a choice to participate and I have a choice to not participate. Demanding Blizzard make it your way is just as bad as people who want it changed. They can't make everyone happy, and this way more people will be happy, those who want to be involved can, and those who don't want to, don't have to.

This seems to be an issue, where YOU are not going to be happy unless you get it YOUR way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I'm glad I've gone back to lurking due to my busy schedule as every time I browse almost any post on here anymore it's a literal whine fest of what I can only imagine are prepubescent teens because grown up adults acting like this is simply embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    ... causing an overwhelming invasion
    No. Camping specific NPCs and running into the AH and exploding to annoy people is not a invasion. I did it. At the best of times it was a handful of ghouls running through a city outnumbered 20:1 by players and hoping that no max levels spotted you because you'd get decimated.

It was closer to a fucking stealth game in Wrath prepatch than any sort of """invasion"""

Ironic that the people posting about “crybabies” ruining their fun are being the biggest crybabies of them all...

You also seem confused by what the term PVP means. Ghouls (players) can’t attack players if Warmode isn’t on. Players can’t attack players if Warmode isn’t on. Players attack players. Players vs players. P V P. Yeah it’s also an invasion event, those things aren’t mutually exclusive. If you want to PVP then do it in War Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    And I am tired of people like you expecting them to make things only the way you want it to be done. So who do they 'cater' to? You, me? Either way 1 side is not gonna be happy. Get over it. You have a choice to participate and I have a choice to not participate. Demanding Blizzard make it your way is just as bad as people who want it changed. They can't make everyone happy, and this way more people will be happy, those who want to be involved can, and those who don't want to, don't have to.

This seems to be an issue, where YOU are not going to be happy unless you get it YOUR way.
    No im tired of fucking crybabies like you bitching the game is hard or needs to be changed cause you cant fucking handle it. Blizz a history when people like you whine they give in to your baby asses and frankly im fucking tired of it

Stitched Up Heart

10+ Year Old Account
    So you would rather Blizz cater to you because you're currently whining your ass off on a fansite?

I want you to go to back to the drawing board and think of a better way to approach this arguement

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Ironic that the people posting about “crybabies” ruining their fun are being the biggest crybabies of them all...

You also seem confused by what the term PVP means. Ghouls (players) can’t attack players if Warmode isn’t on. Players can’t attack players if Warmode isn’t on. Players attack players. Players vs players. P V P. Yeah it’s also an invasion event, those things aren’t mutually exclusive. If you want to PVP then do it in War Mode.
    Im not the pussy baby who cant handle a fucking invasion so bite me

Stitched Up Heart

What a load of bs, I always regretting missing the wotlk event and was happy to see I finally got to do it. Now I find that people can wuss out and opt out ruining my immersion. Anyone that turns off war mode SHOULD NOT be allowed to participate in the pre expac event.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    So... I'm going to opt to make this post right here the 'champion' of all the other posts that are complaining about the change.

I'm going to go ahead and presume here, that you weren't on the PTR when the ghoul version of the event was up.

That means you're likely getting information either from the Wotlk event, or from your favorite WoW Influencer, YouTuber, Streamer, what have you. Either way, it's second hand information at best.

I, however, went onto the PTR the moment I was aware of it being up, because the level squish and revamp was, is, and will be one of my favorite things coming to Shadowlands. I quite frequently hit the character cap of 50, and I'm into leveling, alot. So, I figured if there was one thing to test, it should be that. I'm not a high end raider, but I can contribute to testing in that way, at the least.

Exile's reach went as it did, but the issues arose when I left Exile's reach. The quests there take around 5 minutes to get done, after leaving, and then you're sent off to BFA proper. Nice and quick, right?

Let's throw in the ghouls, now. The moment you zone out of Exile's Reach, you're in Orgrimmar, or Stormwind, and guess why your loading screen is taking longer then usual. There's an army of ghouls waiting for you there that your computer is having to render. By the time you actually load in, you've already died and come back as a ghoul.

If you're like me, you get annoyed at that, so you blow yourself up, and corpse run. Realise that there's 5000 (hyperbole, but it's alot of ghouls) ghouls around. Ok, maybe it'll be fine. You res, and turn in the quest, and then immediatly get set upon by the ghouls.

Alright, this is getting silly, you blow yourself up, and figure that the guards will spawn in and deal with it... And spawn in they do. But one guard can barely take on 1 ghoul, let alone 5+. So, the guard dies.

Alright, maybe other players will respond to it. Alot of the veterans would be testing this out, right? Oh... They're just up on their flying mount watching and flying away... Or trying to fight, but dying because they're the only one trying... And that guy over there is just spamming laugh while outhealing the damage, but that's it...

Alright, so theres no end to the ghouls. Brute force it.

The quest line that takes 5 minutes suddenly takes 3 hours, because not only are they killing you on repeat, but the NPCs that you NEED to talk to are being camped as well.

That is why the original Wotlk event can't come back in the same way. War mode is a fine compromise between the two. Not everyone wants to be a ghoul. Every single event except for the Ghoul event has been optional to participate in. Suddenly forcing that onto players is fairly toxic.

And because I know it's coming, "Just don't log in" is not an option. Pre-patch is a hype moment. People WANT to log in and check it out. There is no way that people this excited would want to wait a few more days. They'll log in immediatly. Giving them breathing room is perfectly fine.

The only people upset by this is the same people who camped the new characters leaving Exile's Reach, and then pretended like they weren't impeding the whole point of the PTR by body blocking the whole entire way.
    Prime snowflake and the reason why the game isn't as fun anymore.

QQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abcdefgeek View Post

QQ
    Really glad that you felt the need to make an account just to post the exact reason why they changed it.

Once again, the only people who are really upset by this are all the people who can't grief others without recourse.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Think a better solution to this was have low level and quest givers not be able to be killed then rest go crazy. I did the original one back in the day, it was only really bad for about a day then people got bored and it wasn’t so bad.

Im not the pussy baby who cant handle a fucking invasion so bite me
    Of course you are. That's why you're whining like a child on here, afraid that you're going to get ganked by the other faction in your own capital city lol.

They should of done it like this in Wrath too. But I also have an idea on how it can be improved :
    - The buff now last 30 seconds with an 8hr cooldown.
    - Spawn capped limit of 5 ghouls.
    - Ghouls are one shottable by NPC's if they get within 15 yards of them.
    - Spells like : Redemption,Prayeor of Mending,Flash of Light cancel the transformation reverting the players to their normal state. (Basically you get turned back to your char think of the worgen transformation).
    Last edited by Snowcharm; 2020-09-04 at 06:32 AM. Reason: added stuff
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Shame really. The point of the original event was that it was a disruption and simulate a scourge attack of a major city. It was a big deal because it was out of the norm and it affected everyone.

Now it's just a minor footnote. While I appreciate griefing was/would be a thing, it seems like there could be better ways of handling it (killing off ghouls that leave a major city, buffing the guards in a handful of places etc)

Anyone got an idea if this prepatch event gets you tons of xp? Previous prepatches could be used to gain huge amounts of xp. Anybody got a clue as if this one also delivers?

You didn't play on PTR, did you?
    It was literally impossible to play, because you dropped to 0.1 FPS as soon as you approached relevant questgivers, simply because there where hundreds of ghouls stacked around them.

It's not an "it's an invasion, deal with it" situation, but an "don't bother logging in outside of nighttime because the servers can't handle the load" situation.

Also the ghouls were not typical ghouls (as in they are weak on their own but strong en masse) but quite on par with the players. But there were hundreds of them, that were multiplying because they could infect the ever respawning guards.

So quit talking out of your ass.

From a event that had a high chance of being remembered for years, it will be one easily forgotten.

Yeah it was frustrating back last time an event like this happend. But, it was also quite fun. The annoying and frustrating part made it even more fun, cool and unique. It was something all of us took part in, no matter our playstyle or what we wanted to do ingame. It affected all of us. There was a new xpac coming where the scourge is let loose.

Instead we get a forgettable event in order to keep everyones singel player experience intact. This was supposed to kick off the new xpac and cause havoc for, what? 1-2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefgeek View Post

QQ
    So preventing new players from lvling and questing for days because of invasion is a good thing?Atleast in wotlk they didnt redo lvl squish and new starting zone to bring in new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    To respond to your primary concerns:

1. If you were using an SSD/M2 you would NOT have any problem loading anything whatsoever. Its 2020 people use SSD/M2 the game doesn't have to cater for obsolete technologies. Im on a 1060 and an SSD (a very medium pc by now) and didn't have any problem loading anything. So the loading thing is completely on the player side. Don't play wow on toasters. Simple as that.

2. The guards: Possible solutions that make sense: Buff the guard damage, make guards invulnerable or very high hp, lessen the ghouls hp. Lazy solution: Keep everything as shitty as it is and put a switch ON/OFF button or better yet utilize an existent one to ON/OFF the content.

3. Players not responding is a given. Again though, instead of using the event as an opportunity to make the shittiest gaming community change its ways even for a little while we ask Blizzard to accept as a given that we are solo players playing the most solo mmo and they have to cater to this. PTR is not just there to check if everyhing works mechanically you know, but to also provide insight to the devs how to make the game more MMO friendly and less solo player friendly.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats how the Wotlk worked also and the solution was: Avoid invaded cities, buy better pc. The problems you describe are non issues how you expect to play SL have you seen the requirements? recommended 2080 GPU says it all and asking players to use SSD. Oh and they had to "fix" their comment and add HDD to cater for people who even cried over that. If you are using HDD right now chances are it cannot render the graphics anyway and you load in an area and you don't see anything around you. That doesn't mean the rest of us can't have a proper content. Just pay 50 euro and get an SSD no biggie.
    Of course I'm using a SSD. As well as more than decent Hardware overall. But I'd wager that more than half of WoW's playerbase uses outdated hardware, since newer hardware requires Win10 which seems not to be dominant among WoW players (Windows released DX12 for Win 7 primarily because of WoW). And nobody will upgrade just to experience this event.

Also let me remind you that Blizzard even apologized for the event in WotLK by gifting the players gametime.

But I agree that the current form of the event was dialed back too much.