Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    I did like it, but it didnt give any new info or give me the "ooh, cant wait to see whats next"
    Wish they would touch on why Maldraxxus looks so similar to scourge-stuff. Are they linked somehow?
    Supposedly the Scourge took inspiration from Maldraxxus because... reasons. In reality it makes little to no sense that stuff like constructs and plague would be there because these are concepts that only make sense among the living, especially if it's the military/warrior afterlife, not a hellscape ment for torment inspired by H.R. Geiger body horror.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That's what I suspect. Like Shadowlands is the "last chance" before being erased entirely, which is weird tbh
    Or at least until they need to bring back someone we killed there, and they introduce the Shadowshadowlands in another expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Meh, still not interested in Draka really the wrong character they took.
    And this is from somebody that really likes the Orc race.

So many other Orcs would put the hype up a lot more, Orgrim, Grom, Garrosh, Ner’zhul heck even Blackhand would had been better.
    Yeah but they already had spotlight in WoD and Draka is female, so they probably just wanted female orc for "diversity".

Which sucks because I wasn't interested in Draka or her story, and that short cinematic didn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    Compared to Bastion this was pretty boring
    This exactly...

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    This exactly...
    they should've done Bastion last. Revendreth second last. cause those 2 are going to be the best cause nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Or at least until they need to bring back someone we killed there, and they introduce the Shadowshadowlands in another expansion.
    Would be fun that anyone "killed" in Shadowlands ends up in the living realm, like some kind of nonsense eternal loop, allowing Blizz' to endlessly recycle stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    they should've done Bastion last. Revendreth second last. cause those 2 are going to be the best cause nostalgia
    Revendreth because we expect to see Garrosh? Or why exactly?

Everyone is like: Borings.
    I was like: Huh? What? Huh!? Okay...

Not near as good as Bleuther but raised alot of questions.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Revendreth because we expect to see Garrosh? Or why exactly?
    Kael'thas is making an appearance, or at least his face is on the cinematic poster https://pt.wowhead.com/news=317678/r...nimated-series

at least it looks like him to me

Would be fun that anyone "killed" in Shadowlands ends up in the living realm, like some kind of nonsense eternal loop, allowing Blizz' to endlessly recycle stuff
    So all Sylvanas had to do was... jump again.

Kael'thas is making an appearance, or at least his face is on the cinematic poster https://pt.wowhead.com/news=317678/r...nimated-series

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Prince_Renathal
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2020-09-04 at 08:20 AM.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Ah well then that blows my theory out of the water

- - - Updated - - -

I would suspect that maybe they just turn into anima upon their 2nd death?

Ah well then that blows my theory out of the water
    Actually.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Denathrius

My bad.

Ummmm, I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Apparently they are called "Aranakk";

it's a lot like a nerubian, with a more humanoid upper half.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Aranakk
    While he definitely looks like he is a spiderperson but from my first viewing I would have assumed he had a fully humanoid body. I had to go back and rewatch it after your post to see if I missed anything and yeah during the map scene you can kinda make out some spider legs. Was hoping it coulda been a potential allied race in the future he looked pretty cool :/

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post

None of the questions are interesting.

It confirmed to me what I already thought. The lore of the shadowlands is just not interesting.

The maldraxxus lore is particularly bad because is dinishines what made the Scourge cool in Warcraft 3. Now it’s some alternate realm of death that influenced what the Scourge is, instead of a plague that ravaged the Eastern Kingdoms and turned villagers into undead, with Kirin Tor mages-turned-necromancers raising the dead and growing the ranks of the Cult of the Damned. Abominations were stitched together from leftover bodies and the it was the Nerubians that influenced much of the architecture.

This is what happens when you have a lead story designer like Steve Danuser guiding the story through the last couple of expansions. He’s a hack

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah but they already had spotlight in WoD and Draka is female, so they probably just wanted female orc for "diversity".

Which sucks because I wasn't interested in Draka or her story, and that short cinematic didn't change that.
    No one is interested in Draka. There’s no emotional investment in the character.

Most of these new lore characters in the Shadownlands are really dull. Probably because it’s quite far removed from the usual wow lore

I don't get all the hate for Draka. Sure she has no backstory and the little she has is pretty lame, but in her afterlive she has become a great warrior/rogue. I dunno man, people always complaining about lack of new characters and when they get someone "new" they call it stupid or boring.

Seems to me the only reason people liked Bastion short better is because it had Arthas, which means people just want more of the same characters.

So many questions. WHY does the architecture in Maldraxxus look like Scourge architecture if Scourge architecture was inspired by the Nerubians?

Why are some people fleshy, some people skeletal?

Why are there Felguards?

What is this talk people keep saying with the Jailer being linked to the Legion???

Who is making war against the Shadowlands for them to even need an army? The void?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I fell asleep.
    Yep, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Man i know wow storytelling is not the greatest / most logical etc ... but the shadowlands lore is just a hot mess. Like you can die in death etc etc

this feel so forced. i would have rather they pull a more simple string like an alien population needs our help vs the void or something.
    I feel the same about Shadowlands. The entire setting seems so dumb and nonsensical and it also breaks continuity so much. But I guess they killed like 90% of the remaining possible expansion settings with Legion and BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post

I'm pretty sure nobody expects comprehensive story from Activision-Blizzard at this point. Most of the lore doesn't make sense anymore. Just enjoy (or not) the ride before it crashes into a wall.